Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Skorch said:
Dude, they've got a black bassist. That gives 'em cred don't it?

that's a bit dodgy, no? :D

Skorch said:
Holiday reggae is pretty harsh. They ain't no UB40. Reggae rhythms are sweet in any form though.

UB40 used to be great, back in the day. Reggae rhythms are definitely NOT sweet in any form. Can i direct your good self to either Big Mountain - I Love Your Way or Ace of Base - All That She Wants?

:)

milesy said:
wanda jackson and hot rocket trio at the luminaire on the 27th of july :cool:

tomorrow :cool:

wanda.jpg

milesy said:
here ya go
20070704193744.jpg

tickets are for sale on ticketweb

:)

Are you goin', then?

It was suggested to me this week and I thought it was a midweek, but it's not. It's a Friday...

Hmmm. :)

tonight - home of the brave, thee northcoats, epic 45 and tim and sam's tim and the sam band with tim and sam

at the brudenell, leeds, fiver in.
wheeee!#

ps you should all come to is. yes indeed.#

xx

Smoky said:
Going to see these sharp lookin' fellas tomorrow, and I can't wait :D

kp.jpg

is that king pleasure and the biscuit boys? i've never heard 'em. a friend of mine (who posts here) went to school wtih one of em i think. are they good? :)

This thread is getting a bit long, innit. Maybe they should be multiple threads with the gigs for specific months. Crap/Not Crap idea?

milesy said:
is that king pleasure and the biscuit boys? i've never heard 'em. a friend of mine (who posts here) went to school wtih one of em i think. are they good? :)

Yeah it's them, it's my birthday Saturday and I was looking everywhere for a swing band that will be playing and I found out they were playing at the pigalle club, which is a 1940s supper club in Picadilly. Judging by the music on their myspace page they are brilliant.

Macabre said:
This thread is getting a bit long, innit. Maybe they should be multiple threads with the gigs for specific months. Crap/Not Crap idea?

You may be onto something here, Urban is the best place to go for information about music, i've discovered loads of new bands on here that I wouldn't have found otherwise. My gig attendance has been shit the past couple of years and i'd like to get back into it, maybe we could have a sticky thread at the start of each month where people can post what gigs are coming up?

Bedlam Breakout

King Kurt
Demented are Go
Junkyard
Devilish Presley
The Rock-it Dogs
Lunavegas

Fifteen quid for the day, and free into the club afterwards.

:D

looks cool. where's that? i think i saw the rock-it dogs this year and they were crap, though, if they are who i think they are.

Northampton, dunno what our sandpit of a club's doing with King Kurt and Demented playing. But i'll happily take that.

Lethal Bizzle this weekend though :rolleyes:

I can't afford any more tickets at the moment :( but I have a mixed bag of Autumn gigs booked.

Decemberists - Royal Festival Hall 02/10
Alabama 3 - Astoria 07/10
Foo Fighters - 02 18/11 (I should stop going to see this lot seing as they stopped making good music after the first two albums, but me and my mates somehow can't resist the temptation)
Cat Empire - SBE 30/11 (This lot were a glasto highlight for me)
Gogol Bordello -Hammersmith 8/12
Chemical Bros - Brixton 14/12

and hopefully some small gigs and some with my band in between that lot.

Coming up for me ...

My Brightest Diamond @ Lumanaire (on Monday)
Adam Green @ Union Chapel (on Tuesday)
PJ Harvey @ RFH (next Saturday)
Handsome Furs @ The Fly (6th Oct)
Jeffrey Lewis @ The Windmill (14th Oct - where me and Bluestreak will also be DJing!!! *excited* :D)
Hexstatic @ Scala (18th Oct - with DJ Food & DK supporting and a full size cinema screen being used by Hexstatic!!)
Thrill Jockey Alldayer Ft. Fiery Furnaces, Sea & Cake, Trans Am @ Koko (11th Nov)
Jello Biafra @ Union Chapel (18th Oct - been toooo long since I've seen the legend :cool:)

... so plenty to do! :D

Back
Top Bottom