Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Abjekt said:
Lost of good 'uns coming up including 3 in 3 days.

I've got Mark Ronson tomorrow.

Then May 31st - Diplo/Bonde/Radioclit
June 1st - Juggaknots/Jehst/Asaviour/Task Force/DJ MK/Harry Love
June 2nd - Kid Sister/A-Trak

Booya.

I was tempted by the diplo/bonde one but it's the same night as the next offline @ jamm. Oh well.

Dubversion said:
this may be heretical but on a couple of listens i'm a bit disappointed with the new album.. sounds a little more 'rock' somehow
They're playing free instore at FOPP Tottenham Court Road on Monday 6pm (21st)...wristbands in the morning :)

The_Reverend_M said:
I was tempted by the diplo/bonde one but it's the same night as the next offline @ jamm. Oh well.
They're playing at the Brazilian festival thingy soon anyway, with Amanda Blank who is my favouritest, so that's be good. Go to that for sure mate!

sojourner said:
:cool:

Patti Smith for me, next Sunday (can't WAIT)
This was last night

And, I'm still gobsmacked by how utterly magfuckingnificent she was. Talk about shamanic. There wasn't one person who wasn't screaming, shouting, stamping and clapping by the end. Gloria was out of this world; her contempt on Smells Like was perfect, and she finished on Rock n Roll Nigger - the roof was indeed raised.

If she ever starts a Church of Patti - I'm in, no question

Her grannys from Liverpool as it turns out, somewhere by the docks, and she said she was gonna have a wander and look at the place today :cool: I've sent my mate out on stalking duties as he lives round there :D

patti smith

sojourner said:
And, I'm still gobsmacked by how utterly magfuckingnificent she was.

me to - i saw her last night in sheffield. i nearly cried with delight. superb woman :cool: x a million

i was trying to book skream for a show in norwich, just been turned down by venue for fear of 'crowd risk' :rolleyes:

i'm seeing st. vincent in two weeks, and andrew bird, who is being supported by st. vincent. but more importantly i'm seeing feist again in july, at the scala.

hattie said:
patti smith
me to - i saw her last night in sheffield. i nearly cried with delight. superb woman :cool: x a million
gggrrrrr.....

I had been looking forward to this so much, but sadly my tickets said 8pm doors and turns out it was actually 6.45 doors apparently! We got to see 7 bloody songs. I hear that she did Highway 61 for Bobs birthday too. :(

Still, she did look amazing! And twenty quid was just about worth it just to see her doing Gloria & Rock n Roll Nigger (plus a forthright but polite complaint has got me a free ticket to any gig before August, which'll be Hayseed Dixie I guess)

bizarre 2 promoter gig on saturday, if i make it (skylarkin, grammatics, fran rodgers, the sugars, napoleon IIIrd, paul marshall, ape drape escape, downdime)
the national in nongham on 11th july
latitude on the 13th
brudenell goodness on the 27th

woohoo! :D

waaaahhhhhh!

tomorrow i am going to see 'vessels' at the horse
WEDNESDAY I AM GOING TO SEE THE NATIONAL in nottingham!!1!!

thursday we leave for latitude for the national
and lots of other very goods. including vessels again.

and then home on monday and then hoersmsrioodn at the horse on friday, making sweet music with dave til the following friday, when i is hosting a big gig at the brudenells full of win.

lots of gig! yay!

Tomorrow: Kentaro at Cargo again
Weds: Animal Collective supported by Marnie Stern... I won the tickets! :)
17th: Soulsavers
30th: Laura Veirs
3rd Aug: St. Vincent again
Feist again some time in July
6th Oct: Handsome Furs

Arcade Fire again some time in Oct...

I forgot Trail of Dead.

Bizarrely enough my upcoming gigs are very similar to Tastebud's ;)

Additions though ...

Frank Black on Sunday
Easy Star All Stars next Tuesday
... Trail of Dead in August
Sonic Youth in September
Chris Cornell in September

:cool:

o my...

It's happening. And it's an unbelievable €11.
The National (+ support)
Wednesday 28th of November 2007
Melkweg (old hall), Amsterdam
€11 + servicecosts + membership
Presale starts next Wednesday 11th of July @ 10:00

(Online tickets can be bought through www.ticketservice.nl)

i'm so so so going.
and if i get a superduperwellpaying job, i'm getting an interail ticket and doing the paris date as well.

Back
Top Bottom