Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Happy ... er ... new year, it's the 2023 album recommendations thread!

I don't have high hopes for the new LDR, does anyone want to listen to it and tell me if she's started writing bangers again?

I don't have high hopes for the new LDR, does anyone want to listen to it and tell me if she's started writing bangers again?

I've got my copy but not listened to it yet because my ancient CD player has finally given up the ghost. Two out of her last three albums were great though.

The Lankum album is mint. I didn't make it far into the Liturgy album - not for me!

This is the best heavy album I've heard this year - collab between doomsters Primitive Man and grindcorers Full of Hell. Absolutely CRUSHING....

Yea the Liturgy album is as challenging as it gets. I got three tracks in but really have to be in the right mood with an empty house.

Yea the Liturgy album is as challenging as it gets. I got three tracks in but really have to be in the right mood with an empty house.
I've already played the whole thing about six times but not actually listened to much because it somehow sounds the same as the background noise in my brain :confused:

New one from Andrea "Due In Color" out on Ilian Tape today.
ambient/breakbeat/drum&bass/techno

I listened to this yesterday and wasn't that fussed. I really liked his last album and thought this wasn't a patch on it - but I listened again today and enjoyed it much more....

New one from the excellent Randolph & Mortimer, The Incomplete Truth:

I had some stuff to do this morning but then I hit play on this and 4 tracks in it's so relentlessly excellent I seem unable to tear myself away, so it looks like I'll have to delay doing it. Sooooooo good :cool:

10,000 gecs came out last week I think - big beats and fuzzy production, reminds me of the Sleigh Bells debut with a bit of 21 Pilots and ska-punk thrown in:

Last edited:
The new album from Aussie shoegazers Flyying Colours is pretty good:

Listening now and this is really fun. Also good work for getting it at the top of the page so I kept seeing this post every time I read the most recent page - I scrolled past this without clicking about five times but have got around to it now, and glad I did.

Maruja seem to be the hot new band from Manchester. Not seen them yet but this EP is very promising. They're playing at The Windmill May 18th.

Anyone else feel like this year has been much better than 2022 so far? I think by the end of March last year I only had 1-2 albums I had really liked a lot, but this year there are 12 in the pile already!

Anyone else feel like this year has been much better than 2022 so far? I think by the end of March last year I only had 1-2 albums I had really liked a lot, but this year there are 12 in the pile already!
Quite the opposite for me. I'm not finding much to get excited about so far this year. Different tastes, obvs, but last year I was completely overwhelmed with good finds in the first half of the year.

ETA: That's sounds a bit gloomy. I've found some good stuff - it hasn't been a disaster- but nothing to shout about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom