Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Happy ... er ... new year, it's the 2023 album recommendations thread!

Fucking sold out everywhere though :mad:
Oh, so they are. The Manchester date is in Yes basement and there doesn't look to be anything on the big room that day so you'd think the sensible thing to do might be to move it to the big room, but then if you don't live in/near Manchester that's probably not much help either way?

De Lux - Love is Hard Work

I don't know if this counts as an album or one 29 minute long track. Either way it's excellent. It sounds like a mini-mix of obscure synth-pop, electro-disco and new-wave from 1982 but is all new.

If you like fuzzy instrumental stoner psych then you'll be into this from Norwegian trio Kanaan...

Great stuff. Jams like a beast...

Last edited:
Don't think we've had this yet, Irish feminist post-punks M(h)aol have their first album out:

They're touring later this month as well.

Out today.

Just had my first listen.

Unsurprisingly it's brilliant - hypnotic and mesmerising from start to finish - with the possible highlight being this absolute stunner:

Will definitely feature in my AOTY list - the guy's a fucking genius :cool:

Got it on now.....and got a ticket to see the live show in a water mill near Leeds. 😎

Alison Goldfrapp - The Love Invention

The famous half of Goldfrapp releases her debut solo album, 29 years into her recording career. Working without Will Gregory she's drafted in Richard X to co-produce in an electropop style that sounds exactly like Goldfrapp. Is good.

Out today.

Just had my first listen.

Unsurprisingly it's brilliant - hypnotic and mesmerising from start to finish - with the possible highlight being this absolute stunner:

Will definitely feature in my AOTY list - the guy's a fucking genius :cool:

I'll give that a go. I like quite a lot of Leaf stuff.

Alison Goldfrapp - The Love Invention

The famous half of Goldfrapp releases her debut solo album, 29 years into her recording career. Working without Will Gregory she's drafted in Richard X to co-produce in an electropop style that sounds exactly like Goldfrapp. Is good.

I've listened to a couple of tracks and really want to like this, but can't get past it sounding like a skimmed milk version of Roisin Murphy.

King’s daughter & sons have put out a new single. It’s the first airing of new music for them since 2011 when they released their album ‘if then not when’

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom