Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2012 - it should have happened

I was just thinking this the other day, typical glasto weather. Tbh this is possibly shaping up to be a shocking year (weather wise) for festivals, the outlook for the rest of the month is far from positive.

Aha, Ive been thinking myself that the best thing about this rain is that at least we would'nt have missed a scorchio Glasto.

Anyone else seen the shamble which is developing at the Isle of Wight festival? It looks like a complete mess, that'll be the curse of glasto striking it down for using it's weekend.

Funny thing about festivals on the IOW is that they have by far and away the biggest and most aggresive police presence of any area at the gates but whenever anything goes wrong they are nowhere to be seen. People have spent the night in their cars with no food or water or access to toilets, good work IOW Police.

Could have done with rain in 2010. We got properly roasted.

Nonsense! 2010 was cracking,. No negatives for me then, because you can shelter from the heat, but you can't from the mud and rain!

The Glasto-cursing deities got it wrong for this year, miscalculated when the gap year would be -- Michael had cunningly delayed the whole shebang for a year.

Everything will be absolutely lovely down Pilton way -- 1994 and 1995 and 2003 and 2010 like -- for the comeback in 2013**

**Remember the value of your forecast can go up as well as down folks!

(We were 15 miles away at Sunrise the weekend just gone. A shocker for mud and rain, but only a tenth or so the size so less footfall/ground damage (and chalk soil not clay soil as at Glastonbury). But with far more incompetent organisers to compensate for that. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom