Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2005

William of Walworth said:
Can I enthusiastically endorse Tort's link???

Best compact guide to Glastonbury that I've ever seen. I'm very impressed ...

:cool: :)

<adds link to general Festie thread on this music forum>

Why thankyou kind Sir. Wouldn't have been half as spectacular without the fine looking gentleman modelling the head torch in the Camping section. :D

PS - I double dare you to put a link on e-fests. ;) :D

who was it last year that posted up the direct link into the ticket server that allowed me to get a ticket at 10.30 the next morning after they went on sale with no problems what so ever?

Fuzzy said:
who was it last year that posted up the direct link into the ticket server that allowed me to get a ticket at 10.30 the next morning after they went on sale with no problems what so ever?

It was corporate whore, but I would NOT advise you to assume the same thing will be possible this year. Word is that all sorts of technical details to do with ticket sales have been changed.

Corporate whore should get a medal for putting that link up, I know at least two dozen people (including myself) who wouldn't have got to Glastonbury if it hadn't been posted up here.

William of Walworth said:
It was corporate whore, but I would NOT advise you to assume the same thing will be possible this year. Word is that all sorts of technical details to do with ticket sales have been changed.

wise words. would be very useful if it did work again though. i guess i'll just have to be ready with the refresh button.

Fuzzy said:
wise words. would be very useful if it did work again though. i guess i'll just have to be ready with the refresh button.

Unlike last year, we have broadband, and not one but two PCs :)

Will have to hope that helps ... :eek:

Here's to that special link, I got tickets in the middle of the night (unfortunately didn't find out until 9am the next morning!) but various friends got their tickets through the magic link. I await further developments.

Yossarian said:
Corporate whore should get a medal for putting that link up, I know at least two dozen people (including myself) who wouldn't have got to Glastonbury if it hadn't been posted up here.

Aw shucks... :oops:

Everyone I went with last year - about 15! - got tix through that link, that I found on efests just as I was giving up hope.

But like William sez, don't rely on it happening again. Especially as I'm not going..

Doubt I'll ever go again :( always enjoyed it to the full, mind :D and 10's enough for anyone ;)

Been meaning to have a looksie at yer FestThread, need to expand my festing this summer, and make up for no Glasto.

headliners

Couldn't they have found a group or artist more worthy of headlining than some 'singer' who mimes on TOTP? :(

i've written glastonbury off, all that security and £125 to get in. It all seems a lot of hassle just to have a bit of fun.

time to move on......................

£125??

babatong said:
i've written glastonbury off, all that security and £125 to get in. It all seems a lot of hassle just to have a bit of fun.

time to move on......................

£125? I guess it's kids from Brat Camp then who will be going...they the only ones with rich enough parents.
Glastonbury was good years ago tho'. Can't see the point in it now if they having people who mime to their records up on the main stage. Where are all the rockers?!

planet boy said:
£125? I guess it's kids from Brat Camp then who will be going...they the only ones with rich enough parents.
Glastonbury was good years ago tho'. Can't see the point in it now if they having people who mime to their records up on the main stage. Where are all the rockers?!

oh dear.

1) 125 for five solid days of fun, as opposed to 20 quid in some cases to see one act?

2) re: miming. the kylie thread is STILL elsewhere
3) what fucking rockers?

planet boy said:
I do agree. kylie is boring.
Not as boring as an obsessed lying fuckwit like you constsantly droning on and on and on about it.

You are the kylie-obsessed banned poster summerbreeze and I win the right to call you a COMPLETE CUNT.

Dubversion said:
nah, there was actually ANOTHER one. he was obsessed...

Why all this Kylie obsession? No one moaned this much when the Sugarbabes played the main stage :confused:

Just proves that Glastonbury caters for all tastes really....

Bump because it's exactly four months to go ... :D :)

Here are the editor's pictures from 2004 to get you in the mood

There'll be no mud this year though! <crosses fingers -- we're well overdue a properly hot and sunny one>

glasto016.jpg

Cheers to editor for the reminder!! :D

Back
Top Bottom