Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gladiators (2024 version)

stavros

It starts in about half an hour on BBC1, hosted by Bradley Walsh and his son. I think a lot of the old events are in there, although I'm not sure about the Atlaspheres.

As far as I know the only returnee from its original 90s ITV run is referee John Anderson.

That was worth watching out of nostalgia because it was so eerily unchanged. I don’t think that there were any TV formats from 1960 which could have been resurrected in 1992 like that.

Can’t imagine why anyone would want to see more than one episode, though.

I only ever watched American Gladiators, stoned, when it was on a 3am. Loved it.
But doubt I’ll watch this

Yeah, what Orang Utan said; I was referring to the new version, which is on BBC1. The two previous iterations were on ITV and Sky, which had ad breaks.

Well, apparently he was banged up for trying to bribe a bent copper in a drugs trial.
Well there you go. Not the only one who got banged up either - Shadow looks like he made a lot of mistakes and doesn’t look too healthy either :(

This is class again.

I often wondered who held the world record for pulling a 1.5 ton van for 24 hours. And now I know.

Bit disappointed with the quality of the Gladiators this time. They’re a bit shit (or the calibre of the contestants has improved) but I would like some more mock theatrics and revenge threats like Wolf used to do.

I say this as someone who started watching “American Gladiators” at 2am in the early 90s when I got back from the late shift and needed to wind down before bed. It’s always been kitsch and very silly 🙂

Back
Top Bottom