Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

The disappointing thing about GBN is the shit tier level of talent they'd hitched their wagon to, in particular, Dan Wootton who is fucking awful and Michelle Dewberry who despite being quite a good presenter spends most of her trying to convince us she's a struggling mum just like you.

I knew it was going to be right-wing, but like most people, I'm able to watch something I don't agree with and either turn it off or just think they are silly. I was hoping that they'd have interesting presenters and a different range of guests, they do have some good presenters (Neil, Wright, Brazier, DePier & Muroki) but it's overwhelmed awfulness of the rest of it.

I suspect they'll be culling like mad soon.

The disappointing thing about GBN is the shit tier level of talent they'd hitched their wagon to, in particular, Dan Wootton who is fucking awful and Michelle Dewberry who despite being quite a good presenter spends most of her trying to convince us she's a struggling mum just like you.

I knew it was going to be right-wing, but like most people, I'm able to watch something I don't agree with and either turn it off or just think they are silly. I was hoping that they'd have interesting presenters and a different range of guests, they do have some good presenters (Neil, Wright, Brazier, DePier & Muroki) but it's overwhelmed awfulness of the rest of it.

Maybe that’s the strategy. Kind of a presenter Battle Royale.

not sure what they were thinking really lets hire loads of people from the brexit party
that turned out so well

it really is a shit version the jeremy vine show but 24 hours half the presenter have been guest on that show

not sure what they were thinking really lets hire loads of people from the brexit party
that turned out so well

it really is a shit version the jeremy vine show but 24 hours half the presenter have been guest on that show
Wootton in particular parrots whatever the gammon wing of Twitter is saying that week.

Genuine question, what makes you think she's a good presenter?

I've never seen her presenting anything before, and she's seriously out of her league on GBN, she hasn't a clue what she's doing.

I think if you’ve only seen someone on GBN it’s not really possible to make a good assessment of their skills. It’s garbage in, garbage out.

I think if you’ve only seen someone on GBN it’s not really possible to make a good assessment of their skills.

But, to my knowledge & her wiki page, she's never presented before, so how can anyone say she's good at it?

It’s garbage in, garbage out.

But, known good presenters, are still coming across as fairly professional, despite the shit they have been served.

She's very obvious about it as well, they really should have had a separate camera behind the guest they could cut too but probably don't have the budget for a second camera. Not sure they have the budget for one tbh, that looks like it was filmed on an iPhone

Genuine question, what makes you think she's a good presenter?

I've never seen her presenting anything before, and she's seriously out of her league on GBN, she hasn't a clue what she's doing.
She's been a panellist on Sky for a while, I don't think she's good enough to hold up a three-hour prime time show - but from what I've seen she's good on panel shows. I think her problem is that to hold up a three-hour prime time show you need quite a lot of either a super engaging personality or experience in hosting shows and she has neither. Her 'I was born in a council house, don't you know' bit wore thin on me very fast.

This is fairly typical of her performance, she can't even decide if she should be looking at the interviewee or into the camera, for some strange reason.

I do wonder why they didn't give Rosie Wright that gig, she's far superior in front of the camera than pretty much the rest of them and she comes across as nice - which once again quote a few of them don't.

The breakfast show really needs culling in terms of the number of numpties they have on it - she'd be good on that.

Liked for the first bit, 3 and sometimes 4 at that breakfast bar is a joke.

I doubt she would be that good on it, I am not even convinced she's up to standards as a co-host, but then nor are most of the co-hosts.

I just tried to watch a bit online but it seems to need more bandwidth than I have, odd though I have no problem watching BBC online.

Funny as they are, it isn't as if this was ever about making some sort of channel that would stand or fall on the basis of its professionalism. It's a culture war vanity channel boosted by the government. It can be as shit as it likes (and will be) and still continue.
I think there is a lower level of shitness, though. I think you're right as far as the True Believers are concerned, but presumably this is part of some attempt to bring gammonhood to the mainstream, and that does need to be at least within reach of the level of slickness and professionalism of mainstream broadcast TV.

the thing is Gammonhood is mainstream

I'm pondering wtf this channel is suppose to be about

Tory Goverment in a nice position, Gobshite general in charge Boris

the people who own this new channel have stakes in ITV

but trying to convince people they are not main stream

its very odd

when the PM spends 75 k on peeling wallpaper not sure why we need a fox news channel in the united kingdom

They've just not hit the formula yet - didn't Murdoch give an instruction to Fox News that the women presenters had to have legs showing at all times?

Back
Top Bottom