Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

The far-right like Farage, Tice and other assorted cunts have been pretending to be plucky outsiders shaking up the system for decades, despite their wealth and establishment connections. GBN is just the latest phase of this AstroTurf bollocks.
Ahh, you mean it's deliberate? Wow, then they are doing an absolutely amazing job! :D

The far-right like Farage, Tice and other assorted cunts have been pretending to be plucky outsiders shaking up the system for decades, despite their wealth and establishment connections. GBN is just the latest phase of this AstroTurf bollocks.

aye i'm aware but that was when they had an establishment to fight against

once you are in power and can get this sort of news from the Sun, Torygraph, the fail, the express, skynews, itv and a nerfed BBC

its just odd

Funny as they are, it isn't as if this was ever about making some sort of channel that would stand or fall on the basis of its professionalism. It's a culture war vanity channel boosted by the government. It can be as shit as it likes (and will be) and still continue.
I wonder how much the backers are willing to pour into it?

They've just not hit the formula yet - didn't Murdoch give an instruction to Fox News that the women presenters had to have legs showing at all times?

seeming as my guilty tv crush is storm huntley and its the only reason i ever watch the vine show

don't be giving them ideas....

I wonder who will be sacked first.

Either Wootto for his unhinged anti science bollocks in the face of a third wave

or 'Dewbs' for being utterly incapable of both warmth and the ability to present

I'm sure Laurence Fox is chomping at the bit, waiting for his agent to give him the call

Turned it on to have a look.

Quite aside from content and quality, it just has this terrible depressing vibe to it.
It's so dark. The sound is terrible. All the furniture and every object on screen looks somehow wrong. No one looks like they want to be there.
The presenters seem to be trapped in a hell of their own choosing, and for some reason they want you to watch.

<shudders>

They seem to have a fair bit of support on platforms like FB and twitter. Some of the profiles on FB are a bit suss, though. Like, they haven't posted in several years and suddenly they are pro-GBN or they aren't based in the UK etc. Some of them are out and out trolls, of course.

Have bad feelings about this channel. Sometimes feel there's no going back from this, and the kind of polarising crazy shit we've observed in the US could transfer to the UK.

But. There is a fine tradition of twatting fascism and the far right, over the years. Hopefully this lot will be added to the list of right wing has beens, after all. And the UK is not the US, thankfully.

Turned it on to have a look.

Quite aside from content and quality, it just has this terrible depressing vibe to it.
It's so dark. The sound is terrible. All the furniture and every object on screen looks somehow wrong. No one looks like they want to be there.
The presenters seem to be trapped in a hell of their own choosing, and for some reason they want you to watch.

<shudders>
The set is fucking awful. It looks like a bunker.

Back
Top Bottom