Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GB News: a thread so you never have to watch it

Hopefully not. But it's difficult to predict the unpredictable, esp in this age.
It's either headed straight for the dustbin, or it will get some sort of reboot in a few months' time when someone who knows what they're doing is brought in. Then we can start to organise safe houses and escape networks.

Last edited:
Well they seem to have a good few advertisers, I wonder what rates they are charging compared to other stations?
That would be very interesting. I remember when I was working at sky's computer channel back in the late 90s I found out at one point that I could easily afford to buy my own advertising slots . . . And that was on crappy computer channel pay. I'm not sure how it ever survived. Funding wise, all our computers and tech in the office were blags, and all our content, locations, transport were all provided by software and tech companies.

I don't know how much it costs to buy channel space, but all the other GBbeebies content could potentially paid for by donors. If they were smart, there are cheaper ways of creating a slick production without a high budget, but from what I have seen of it, it's an old school approach done cheaply and unprofessionally. They have cut corners/budgets in the wrong places.

Almost like an apocalypse, emergency broadcast🤷‍♂️
12927_1.jpg

I wonder who will be sacked first.

Either Wootto for his unhinged anti science bollocks in the face of a third wave

or 'Dewbs' for being utterly incapable of both warmth and the ability to present

I'm sure Laurence Fox is chomping at the bit, waiting for his agent to give him the call
Darren Grimes is desperate for a gig there.

Nah fuck it, let it wither unnoticed
Yeah, there was a coming a point (if that's even English) where 'look at these cunts, they're useless!', would become very stale.

For all the jokes, and the joyous sense of that German word I can't say or spell but means taking pleasure from other people's misfortune, I'm glad that GB News is likely to be a oddity (albeit a dodgy one) along the same lines as RT.

Back
Top Bottom