Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2023-24

slightly better week, but haven't cleared out the backlog of injured defenders

wonder how many of my squad will bugger off to saudi arabia this week or get injured on international duty (think i'll leave any transfers until nearer the time)

hmph

Eight goals scored by eight different players so I doubt it. Sadly I can see the Blades beating Derby County’s record lowest points total in the PL this season, we were fucking woeful today.

Well, I used my WC this week after a 30 point week (78% drop to 3.6m), wanting to get rid of Jackson, Jota, Martinelli, Chilwell and take opportunity to do some more tinkering.

What a disaster.

Before the Newcastle game I was on 50 points and looking at another 19% drop to 4.3m. Trippier and Botman got me 30 points and a 27% rise to 2.6m.

So, Newcastle players did me very well indeed today.

I'm having a hideous season in every respect other than team value. So when I saw that I had the opportunity to leverage every penny out of that value to achieve the following team with 0.0 spare, I couldnt help myself. It took a 16 point hit to get there, oops, more pain beckons as a result.

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 12.53.51.png

As it stands I am top in every League I've manually entered. Which shows how stupid this game is as I've not watched a single football match, or match of the day this season. I do watch Soccer Saturday though and read about football for some reason so that probably helps. I normally drop off once it starts getting complicated with the double game weeks as I can't keep track.

I'll take it for now and have been updating my partner on my UK position which she's delighted about.

i'm having a crap week so far.

and haven't (yet) done either wildcard or point deductions to get salah in my team, as he and liverpool have been a bit unpredictable so far.

:facepalm:

at this stage, there's a neat symmetry here,

1696783390527.png

but think (assuming the right players get the goals) i'd prefer 3-3 at full time...

I find it boring/ less interesting than it used to be. It's fair to say that i pay little attention to the premier and haven't watched motd for years as i don't have a telly. Not that has ever influenced or benefitted when playing fantasy. With the extra subs, tinkering managers and players not starting purely for tactical reasons i find it hard enough to field a team that will all play. Meh.

hmm

chelsea and liverpool / salah seem to be getting it together.

is it time to do the wildcard thing? most of my transfers so far have been to deal with the injury list.

of course salah will be off to the cup of nations in january...

hmm

chelsea and liverpool / salah seem to be getting it together.

is it time to do the wildcard thing? most of my transfers so far have been to deal with the injury list.

of course salah will be off to the cup of nations in january...

In the world of online fantasy football content creators, the main popular wildcard scenarios recommended were to do it for gameweek 8 (the one before the international break we just had) or to do it before next weeks games, or to save it for much later in the season. Mostly due to the idea that there is now enough data and that there are now some swings in which teams have the best fixtures in the weeks ahead. So far the ones who did it in gameweek 8 and used it to get Salah are very happy with the points they've got from him for two weeks running.

So doing the wildcard now will be rather popular, yes, and there are some good reasons why. I blew mine many weeks earlier than that, but then used a load of transfers to get my team into a position thats pretty similar to what people wildcarded into the other week or will be about to wildcard into now.

Back
Top Bottom