Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Camomile

Yipchaa!
FPL 2021-22 is live!

Will edit (or ask a mod to edit) this opening post with league details as they come up. This year it looks like you can also create a 'League Cup' alongside a Classic league (not available for H2H, it looks like).

If anyone would like to join the new league they just need to PM me for the details.

Don't know what else new there is to discover, time to have a look around!

But before all that: fuck this game :mad: :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Incredible - usually mid-July isn't it. That's work fucked for today then :rolleyes:

Did we find agreement on limiting the league to U75 only i.e. make a new league, not restart the recurring one (unless there's a way to create a new code for the latter?)?

This year it looks like you can also create a 'League Cup' alongside a Classic league (not available for H2H, it looks like).

Here are the details on that:

Starting this season, you can create a League Cup for those who join your Invitational Classic Leagues. The League Cups will start in the second half of the season dependent on the size of your league and will conclude in Gameweek 38. There will also be Fan League Cups and Country Cups which you will automatically be entered into based on the team you support and your country of residence. All these Cups are in addition to the existing Overall Cup.

All managers will be entered into their cup competitions. The starting round will be determined by the number of teams in the cup competition. All finals will be contested in Gameweek 38.

The pricing isnt too bad this season, its not that hard to build a team. With a few exceptions.
That seems to be the initial reactions I've been seeing, aye.
Incredible - usually mid-July isn't it. That's work fucked for today then :rolleyes:

Did we find agreement on limiting the league to U75 only i.e. make a new league, not restart the recurring one (unless there's a way to create a new code for the latter?)?
I dont think we did. Any thoughts butchersapron ?
I'd be happy to receive PMs from people who wanted the codes (which don't yet exist, just to be clear), as I did for the Euros, but I do think butchers had something of a plan...?

I've renewed the normal league. And i believe i need to do the H2H one as winner. I'll keep both codes to myself for a bit until we decide what to do. Won't be here to take part in that conversation for a while yet though. A day or so.
Won't a renewed league have the same 'interlopers' as last year?

No rush either way, though, game doesn't start until bloody mid-August! :D

I knew I'd started a thread for the new season! :mad: :D

A thought has popped into my head that we could leave the existing league in place, catering for some random people but also those who were a real part of u75 but for various reasons arent very active here these days. But we could also create a new, additional league for the people that are active on this forum these days, and jut share the code via PMs for that one.

Any thoughts?

This sounds good to me. Would certainly be nice to have one that is definitely just urban-folk. What does everyone else think?

I knew I'd started a thread for the new season! :mad: :D

This sounds good to me. Would certainly be nice to have one that is definitely just urban-folk. What does everyone else think?
Yes , although my brother is in the urban league , so he is linked to U75

I've renewed the normal league. And i believe i need to do the H2H one as winner. I'll keep both codes to myself for a bit until we decide what to do. Won't be here to take part in that conversation for a while yet though. A day or so.
Are you gonna do the H2H one? Cheers :) And belated congratulations for winning it last season!

I dont mind if my season goes to shit for a bit at some stages because I rather enjoy the chase and am OK at it, especially in 2nd half of the season, although I always fall short in the end.

Ok, back. We need to have a talk then about how we want to go this year. As stands, i have activated league. Which means all the carpet baggers are in. So we can do that and pick them out somehow. Or we can do a new league and keep to ourselves. Or better option - all suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Ok, back. We need to have a talk then about how we want to go this year. As stands, i have activated league. Which means all the carpet baggers are in. So we can do that and pick them out somehow. Or we can do a new league and keep to ourselves. Or better option - all suggestions welcome.
Welcome back and cheers.

Lord Camomile already went ahead and created a new league as an experiment #13 . Because I had previously suggested that we run two in parallel, a new invite only one but also leave the old one in place to cater for those who arent so active round these parts these days.

The new league has 4 people in it currently, I think it requires some promotion including editing the initial post in this thread.

Are you going to create the H2H league?

Oh by the way Lord Camomile I believe there is an option in the leagures these days for the league to have its own cup tournament towards the end of the season (when it starts depends on league size) - have you activated that option for the new league?

Oh by the way Lord Camomile I believe there is an option in the leagures these days for the league to have its own cup tournament towards the end of the season (when it starts depends on league size) - have you activated that option for the new league?
I have :thumbs:

The new league has 4 people in it currently, I think it requires some promotion including editing the initial post in this thread.

Oh, bloody hell, and I meant to do this :facepalm: :oops:

E2A: ah, no, wait, I can't because it's past the "edit your post" deadline. Lazy Llama, when you have a mo could you possibly edit the OP to say that if anyone would like to join the new league they just need to PM me for the details (the old league has also been renewed).

Welcome back and cheers.

Lord Camomile already went ahead and created a new league as an experiment #13 . Because I had previously suggested that we run two in parallel, a new invite only one but also leave the old one in place to cater for those who arent so active round these parts these days.

Are you going to create the H2H league?

Thanks and well done LC, i will get H2H going later. I'm sorry i didn't catch up first. Will be on top of this now.

Happy to try anything, as long as we all agree.

Thanks and well done LC, i will get H2H going later. I'm sorry i didn't catch up first. Will be on top of this now.

Happy to try anything, as long as we all agree.
Nae bother, didn't want to impose but figured it best to have a fallback and could just delete it if people wanted to do summat else.

Aaaaaaanyway, definitely up for the H2H to, though lord knows why given my record :facepalm: :D

I did some pre-season scouting by watching a Leicester friendly on youtube yesterday. It was quite fun until Fofana suffered a really horrendous injury. It was on the clubs own youtube channel, and they initially didnt realise how serious the injury was until they'd shown an awful replay, for which they then apologised.

I did some pre-season scouting by watching a Leicester friendly on youtube yesterday. It was quite fun until Fofana suffered a really horrendous injury. It was on the clubs own youtube channel, and they initially didnt realise how serious the injury was until they'd shown an awful replay, for which they then apologised.
I read a description and felt queasy. Would bloody hate to have seen it, poor fella :(

8 teams in the league now...

Saw the BBC article, didn't sound good.

Obviously first thoughts are with Fofana and Leicester, but also gonna be a lot of FPL managers having a bit of a reshuffle with that news.

Nice one, cheers :thumbs:

And a reminder for anyone who wants to join the new Classic league - just PM me and I'll send you the details :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom