Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v Germany - Tuesday 29/06 - 17:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what happens next -

We beat the winner of Denmark v Czech Republic then we beat Belgium or Italy in the Final. Southgate is Knighted, gets given the west wing of Buck house and a ride down the Mall in the gold carriage.

Boris claims Brexit helped the win, and stays in charge for another decade. We build a rocket off the economic bounce and land Brits on Mars where the British Empire is rebooted. Jobe done.

So what happens next -

We beat the winner of Denmark v Czech Republic then we beat Belgium or Italy in the Final. Southgate is Knighted, gets given the west wing of Buck house and a ride down the Mall in the gold carriage.

Boris claims Brexit helped the win, and stays in charge for another decade. We build a rocket off the economic bounce and land Brits on Mars where the British Empire is rebooted. Jobe done.
We play the winner of Sweden - Ukraine next

True but he’s looked knackered all tournament. I think he’s head and shoulders the best English forward in the EPL by the way .
It's clearly a problem when certain players look knackered after a long season and I agree this is a thing with him. I still think that given his record of only needing a goal to start him on another scoring run and that there isn't that much wrong with his game just now that a goal won't put right, you keep him in. If your best goalscorer starts scoring in the knock outs after a dry spell, it's a very good thing

Presumably this will finally end all the shit and singling out Sterling has got since, well, since he made his debut for England. Doesn't reflect well on a lot of people, that.
He's been incredible. 15 goals in his last 20 matches for England - two against Spain, four against Czechia, one each against Croatia and Germany. Such a quality player.

He's been incredible. 15 goals in his last 20 matches for England - two against Spain, four against Czechia, one each against Croatia and Germany. Such a quality player.
there is something about him that comes across a little unpolished at times though - late with a pass, doesnt look up, that kind of thing... but those goals stats speak for themselves

So, England favourites to win it now? I mean Belgium and probably Spain beat England if they both get to the final, but at this point England's route to the final give's them less to do.

So, England favourites to win it now? I mean Belgium and probably Spain beat England if they both get to the final, but at this point England's route to the final give's them less to do.
No, I'd say Spain/Belgium are still favourites despite that. Obviously one goes before the final and both have trickier looking quarter finals than England. Even if England get through, Denmark/Czechs are a prospect in the order of Croatia in 2018 - good sides on a roll who can cause real problems at their peak.

There are no mugs at this stage though and England certainly do have a more than decent chance

All that said, I'm a little suspicious of teams that shed all their sparkle in the earlier games. It's hard to maintain over a tournament which is why peaking at just the right moments is so important. Slow and steady often wins the race

Back
Top Bottom