Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

France v Switzerland - Monday 28/06 - 20:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Christ, having said at 88 minutes "it would have been a big surprise if France lost tonight", Tyldesley has now just said this was "the first huge shock of the tournament". It's the hugest, but Netherlands going out was the first huge shock.

I know, it's genuinely not an easy job, but christ...
Actually, I'm with Tydesley. The fact is, no-one rated the Durch at all, coming into these finals, and it's years since they had a good team. They just played far better than anyone expected in the grooup stages.

Last edited:
I thought the Swiss were good, always looking for that forward pass.
The best teams don't concede 3 goals in one game.

Only England and Italy didn't concede in the groups and Italy only conceded 1 in their last game. We all know that's a rare slip.

I will be listening to Test Match Special tomorrow the last time I did just before the Euros started, one of the team, possibly Jonathan Agnew but not sure, had got Switzerland in their sweepstake and was moaning about it!!

The best teams don't concede 3 goals in one game.
Only England and Italy didn't concede in the groups and Italy only conceded 1 in their last game. We all know that's a rare slip.
you cant compare the knockout game scorelines with the league section of the tournament

Swiss were excellent - a tremendous team performance and much better than the French.

It looked like none of his team-mates went to Mbappe after the miss and he trudged off more or less alone, which I thought was telling..

Eh lads.
It's coming home.

Fucking England are going to win this shitting thing if they get through tomorrow
I suspect both your comments were tongue-in-cheek but regardless, given the performances of most of the supposedly minnow nations so far, I’m not so sure anyone should be too confident about playing smaller countries rather than marquee ones.

Blimey

Mbappe came into the tournament having scored 41 goals for club and country last season, including winning the French Cup with Paris St-Germain.

But his Euros campaign was a tournament to forget as he failed to score in any of the four games, with his 14 shots without netting is the most by any player to this point.

Back
Top Bottom