Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England v Germany - Tuesday 29/06 - 17:00

Predictions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Over 10 years ago now I stood in the away end at Huddersfield Town and watched them give my Rovers a fearful pasting without ever actually managing to score. Injury time came with the score still 0-0 and up popped Will Hoskins to score and give us one of the greatest smash and grab wins I've had the pleasure of witnessing. On the way out with the rest of the delighted travelling army, I remember seeing a small boy (can't have been more than seven or eight) in floods of tears with his dad.

I can't say I was particularly moved but given I went on to see my lot relegated out of the Football League and he spent some of his teenage years watching Huddersfield in the Prem, it's probably fair to say he had the last laugh

I cried quite a few times as a kid at football. When Everton stormed the pitch in the cup around 94/5 and also when the lights went out Vs Liverpool but I was quite young then. Also for some weird reason Vs Millwall in the early 2000's. It was such a tense and exciting game under the lights and we scored a last minute equaliser/winner iirc. The atmosphere and tension was electric. Just got carried away in it all which is probably a bit embarrassing looking back. :D

I cried when we lost the play off semi to Northampton in 98 and was at work trying to dispatch ambulances when we lost our league place in 2014 - I had to go and take a moment to myself then.

Never cried over England, that would be daft - hardly in the same league as Bristol Rovers :rolleyes:

I cried when Liverpool won the league last year. I think I shed a few tears at the end of Euro 96 when they put "Walk Away" by Cast over the end credits, and possibly after we lost to Argentina two years later.
Cast make me cry too

Grealish seems to be getting better every time he sits on the bench... His contribution seems to be overstated, not least compared to Sterling, Kane, Shaw, Philips, Maguire, Rice etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom