Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Election Window Posters: How's your neighbourhood?

A few Labour and SNP posters, one Green Party poster. We're in a marginal seat so have already had loads of through the letterbox bumf from all four big parties.

Went past a house today with full on billboards, two huge fuckers like the ones farmers have in fields but a normal house. Albeit one with reduced sunlight.

Not seen jack shit round where I live, i know we're in a rock solid Tory seat but the sole local sign of an election is the polling cards have been delivered

Total apathy where I live which is quite surprising as it's a marginal seat. No posters seen. One leaflet from SNP and one for Tory which was rage-shredded.

We'll see what happens; should be an SNP gain.

There was next to nothing yesterday.

...and still nothing from any of the others. The Greens are usually very noticeable, but they've clearly not campaigned here this time.

Around here (posh liberal elite bit of Bristol West) there’s quite a few Green Party signs and a few labour, nothing else. Fairly safe labour seat that used to be Tory before boundary changes in the 90s took out all the non-liberal posh bits like Henleaze. Did get quite a few leaflets from Swinson’s lot at the beginning of the campaign but they’ve probably backed off now to pick a more winnable battle.

Round here there's still far fewer placards than in 2017, and of them 90% are Labour. I've seen three, possibly four, Plaid which confirms to me that the local party have not recovered from the McEvoy implosion. Had two leaflets, from Labour and Plaid.

In the marginal up the road I've seen loads of Labour, one Tory, but I'm never really in the true blue bits of the constituency. Yet to see a Lib Dem or Green placard.

Haven't seen a single poster or sign. You can usually rely on my road for a couple of Labour ones but not this time. I go past a recently elected Green councillor's house every day on my way to work and she hasn't even got anything up for her own party, just a poster for a local NIMBY campaign. Weird.

Should also add that we've had the incumbent Labour MP round last week, a Labour leaflet today, but nothing else through the door from any of the other parties.

Last edited:
I'm on a boat in London. Seen a few labour signs in windows, more XR logo's tbh.

Working in Islington today and saw quite a few squirrelsbane posters (including in the house I was working in) and one or two Labour.

We are the only people in our street with a Labour poster in the window :( And some stupid cunt still put a Brexit Party flyer through the door.

St Helens, to be clear, which is usually strong Labour.

Total apathy where I live which is quite surprising as it's a marginal seat. No posters seen. One leaflet from SNP and one for Tory which was rage-shredded.

We'll see what happens; should be an SNP gain.

Marginal seat here too (Soubry's), not seen a poster yet.

Just seen a LibDem "winning here" poster here in Tottenham.

Very optimistic given that Labour got 80%+ of the vote last time, but who knows...

A vote-beggar tried the "winning in Streatham" line on me, to which I replied "only based on your spurious small-sample survey. The reality is that Labour will drown you in this constituency, however much you lie to constituents". It was fun to watch his lower lip tremble.

My neighbour has taken phots of my van with Labour posters and saying got to be a labour wanker owning sick a shit van. And I have to have it parked in front of my house what’s shit tip

Put it in his facebook

Round here there's still far fewer placards than in 2017, and of them 90% are Labour. I've seen three, possibly four, Plaid which confirms to me that the local party have not recovered from the McEvoy implosion. Had two leaflets, from Labour and Plaid.

In the marginal up the road I've seen loads of Labour, one Tory, but I'm never really in the true blue bits of the constituency. Yet to see a Lib Dem or Green placard.
Cardiff west I take it? Had a look around cardiff, central seems lively with lots of jo stevens branded labour stuff and a fair amount of libdem, north is just labour stuff which is odd, south & penarth has a fair bit of red and blue

Cardiff west I take it? Had a look around cardiff, central seems lively with lots of jo stevens branded labour stuff and a fair amount of libdem, north is just labour stuff which is odd, south & penarth has a fair bit of red and blue

Yes, the dullest bit of the city, election wise. I'm kind of curious why Labour are so quiet round here, but I think everything's being thrown at North and the Vale.

Still only the 2 Brexit posters on my street and the only election leaflets received so far are 2 lots of Brexit and a Conservative one. Nothing from anyone else.
Dennis is taking a gamble with no canvassing or leafleting given the feelings regarding Brexit in the constituency.

I moved out of a solid south London Labour seat a couple of years ago and straight into a true blue Tory since the beginning of time Home Counties seat (not entirely my choice - it’s a long story).

The sitting MP is a defector and now independent Sam Gyimah. Not a peep out of him.

Anyway, I haven’t seen one poster, for any candidate, here (Lingfield). Driving to Tonbridge today, Lib Dems outnumber any other party. Saw as many Labour posters as Tory and even a few Green Party.

I’m one of those currently buying into the theory that the electoral landscape will (might?) radically change with this election - Labour surrendering its heartlands to Tories and other parties (& tactical voting) ousting Tories in affluent areas of London and the Home Counties..

The sitting MP is a defector and now independent Sam Gyimah. Not a peep out of him.

That's surely because Sam Gyimah is now the Libscum candidate in Kensington, no?

If Emma Dent-Coad** (Lab) fails to get back in in Kensington, I'll be pissed off ... :( :mad:

**Many years ago Emma D-C was a researcher where I worked. She was very nice in my library-based dealings with her :)

I moved out of a solid south London Labour seat a couple of years ago and straight into a true blue Tory since the beginning of time Home Counties seat (not entirely my choice - it’s a long story).

Anyway, I haven’t seen one poster, for any candidate, here (Lingfield). Driving to Tonbridge today, Lib Dems outnumber any other party. Saw as many Labour posters as Tory and even a few Green Party.

I’m one of those currently buying into the theory that the electoral landscape will (might?) radically change with this election - Labour surrendering its heartlands to Tories and other parties (& tactical voting) ousting Tories in affluent areas of London and the Home Counties..
Belated welcome the land of green belt and trees! :D

I haven't seen any posters in my bit either (Caterham). I think Sam's expulsion and move to the LibDems might have caused problems in the local Tory and LibDem party machines which might explain, in part, why they've both been slow to get their campaigning under way. The Tories have parachuted in another candidate, Claire Coutinho and I think the local LibDems were relieved that Sam didn't want to stand here but they did have to find a candidate at the last minute. My bit of the district is a bit LibDemy so there's usually some posters about but nothing at all so far. I've not even had any leaflets.

I suspect that whatever campaigning is done here we'll still end up with a Tory who won't give a toss about the constituency.

Back
Top Bottom