Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Election Window Posters: How's your neighbourhood?

I live in a pretty solidly Tory area, (Stubbington is about as blue rinse as it gets) but whilst walking down Gosport Road I nearly shat myself in shock when I saw an 'I'm voting Labour' poster on one of the houses.

What the fucking hell is going on?

Was in Cambridge over the weekend. I can report that Daniel Zeichner (Labour candidate, his majority last time over Lib Dems was about 600) has an overwhelming majority of posters (lots) in the Mill Road/Romsey Town areas. Admittedly these are among the most left wing areas of Cambridge, but Labour posters on a rough count outnumbered Lib Dem ones by 6-1 or more.

I only found out there was locals when I got a card through the door..... Plus the tories are suddenly all over facebook community groups.

Some sort of local elections going on here. An LDP candidate rocked up to the doorstep last week and laughed when I answered the door. I wanted to tell him that I'd vote for the JCP, if I had the vote. But I don't. And I don't have the language, either. :(

Live in an area with varying, but usually large, tory majority over many past elections.
A few, small, pockets of Labour / Greens / LibDems show up sometimes.

Haven't seen anything up yet but there were two leaflets each from Labour and the Greens awaiting me when I got home from holidays yesterday...

I've had one leaflet that was actually to do with the constituency, from Labour, which is pretty standard. Nobody else ever bothers to do any serious campaigning or say anything that gives an impression they give a shit about the area and the people in it or even know where it is, which is why this is a safe Labour seat.

The only electoral literature to come through my letterbox so far has been the yellow vermin's glossy mag telling me that La Swineson is the Britain's next prime Minister.

upload_2019-11-5_20-38-21.png

Suppose that's what comes with living in the 'Golden crescent' of Liberal SW GL.

The only electoral literature to come through my letterbox so far has been the yellow vermin's glossy mag telling me that La Swineson is the Britain's next prime Minister.

View attachment 189150

Suppose that's what comes with living in the 'Golden crescent' of Liberal SW GL.

If there's one thing I hate more than the Tories it's the Liberal Democrats

Back
Top Bottom