Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Election Window Posters: How's your neighbourhood?

I don't half get about, so here's what I've noticed:

Round where I live (Lewisham West c'tcy) mostly Labour - a neighbour has a Lib Dem up (first I've ever seen round here)

Loadsa of Tory ones in Croydon with Gavin Barwell writ large. Surprisingly, no Labour in this area but plenty of LD in response. In the way out to the M25, along the A23 only garden signs for Crispin Blunt.

Sunbury X; Kingston; Twickenham; Hanworth; Teddington - LD in full effect (Vince Cable in full effect).

Esher, Walton, Weybridge - obvs Tory

Saw a UKIP rally on Sunday in front of the Spitfires at Biggin Hill. Vomit inducing.

UKIP and Tory signs in fields all the way up through Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire.

Back in London - Crystal Palace; Streatham; Brixton; Stockwell; Kennington; Bermondsey; Wapping; Limehouse; Canning Town - almost exclusively Labour.

All of which tells us that in terms of signage, there's nothing new or nothing we couldn't have predicted....

In Winchester, Lib Dem posters are everywhere - possibly 20 to 1 tory I've seen. The moment you go out into the countryside, the farmers' fields have tory posters the size of the side of a transit at every junction. The constituency is a bit of a bugger - Winchester itself is Lib Dem - they win most city & county council wards, but the rural area around votes tory en bloc.

Irish election ones still have faces and names on them from what I've seen on t'web over the years. They all look like they are on the register

A scattering of Labour ones around the southern end of Islington, last weekend I also spotted quite a few Lib dem ones in gardens around Canonbury (diamonds on stakes) - I reckon some twat had been sticking them there without asking.

I've seen nothing but Labour posters in windows in Hove (mix of Peter Kyle and standard party ones, none with faces that I remember though) and Greens over in Brighton Pavilion (mostly "re-elect Caroline Lucas" with a few more general ones, again no faces).

From a friend: Lib Dem all over Frampton Cotterill, Coalpit Heath & Yate (Thornbury & Yate - Steve Webb looking to regain from Tories)

quite a few limp dem signs in back gardens along the railway line round the twickenham / richmond patch. one with an eu flag next to it...

Only seen Tory ones here, was up in the Dales at the weekend (Skipton) and saw a few Lid Dem and Labour ones.

Oh and a UKIP banner with a spelling mistake somewhere down the M1 :D

quite a few limp dem signs in back gardens along the railway line round the twickenham / richmond patch. one with an eu flag next to it...
I've got a flag -albeit it's not visible from the street :D , but I'm eschewing my local Lib Dem candidate's promise to water-down Brexit - along with legalising weed ...

halfmast.jpg

Last edited:
Saw a bunch of posters reading 'Vote Corbyn, despite Labour (including Paul Blomfield)' - which would make some sense, even if crap, except it wasn't in Blomfelds constituency, it was in Cleggs.

Came home from work to leaflets from the three main parties and reckon the Tory one (incumbent) is a bit ill-judged, "Standing with May" with her and Carmicheal on the front and then then inside fold has stuff about Corbyn might actually win presumably aimed at getting their vote out but maybe persuading a few waverers to jump on that bandwagon instead. Lib Dem one bland and pointless and not evening pretending 'only they can beat...'as it's patently not true, Labour decent, full of policies and mentioning Dave Drew's low expenses when he used to be MP etc.

Not a single Labour window poster ( or any other party poster) on my housing estate in Bromley by Bow and in surrounding area. Well, it is the (safe) constituency of Blairite Jim Fitzpatrick

More Lab posters in Black Country than last week. Nothing for the Tories as far as I can see. Aren't these the places they are supposed to be taking off Labour?

I dunno what its like anywhere else, but here in Reading the only new posters going up during the campaign have been Labour ones, and people have had to ask for them...

Back
Top Bottom