Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Election Window Posters: How's your neighbourhood?

On my walk from my house to the bus stop a few streets away the only posters are two labour ones - one at my place and one at another urban household;)

Canvassing yesterday in another part of the borough but different constituency, there were quite a lot of labour posters - think there was one conservative

seen one lib dem in the locality , no green

Quite a lot of Yellowy-orange in East Anglia. I had a chat with one of their activists on a stall, talked to him about how they'd gained a load of Iraq war disenfranchised Labour voters, who they then betrayed in the vilest way possible by hopping into bed with the tories - and would therefore never vote for them ever again. After a very half-hearted attempt to talk about tuition fees or whatever, he conceded they'd done nothing but prop up a minority government, nodded, stared down at his shoes and looked sad. :D
:D more sense then most LDs

Was visiting some friends in Derbyshire this weekend. They've a Tory MP with a large majority. Big Tory signs outside a big posh house, one Lib Dem and two Labour posters elsewhere, one of them being in my friends' window.

First time they've ever had a poster up though suspect one of them has always voted Labour very quietly and the other Green. This time though they're very vocally Labour -- it's the cuts to schools and other local services that have completely swung it for them.

The odd front garden Labour placard round here, though one road has half a dozen, only Labour window posters have been in the windows of houses with the garden placards, which are presumably LP members. I've only seen two small window LibDem posters.
No signs of Conservatives, Greens or UKIP. I haven't received any campaign literature from anyone except Labour as yet.
LibDems used to have lots of window posters and garden placards but have collapsed since they went into coalition from 25,000+ votes to 3,900 in 2015. Their last councillor left them last month to become an Independent.

Brecon &Radnor: plenty of Tory ones in farmers fields. A village full of Lib Dems. Nothing much else. (Didn't go into towns though)

Hereford City has a fair spread across the 5 candidates - even some for the independent bloke. Absolutely loads of posters and some bigger types of signs too. Favourite one was a lib dem one in a window with a piece of paper underneath saying TACTICAL VOTE, considering as far as I'm aware the Lib Dems are in no way a tactical vote in this area. Current MP is Conservative.

Masses of Labour ones appearing along my route to work (Bristol East and West) including some of these :-

junemay.png

Those hideous attack ads have persuaded me to definitely vote Labour and possibly even stick a small poster in my window.

Masses of Labour ones appearing along my route to work (Bristol East and West) including some of these :-

View attachment 108046

Those hideous attack ads have persuaded me to definitely vote Labour and possibly even stick a small poster in my window.
Not seen the ads but I do wonder if they'll be counterproductive. Tory campaign seems a lot more negative and nasty. People pick up on that

My enjoyment of Youtube has been seriously compromised for days now - I'm almost ready to email the Tories and tell them to F off.

Bristol North West: A couple more Lib Dems and a Labour (Henleaze), a couple of Labour and some anti-May flyposters (Southmead).

Is Westbury in Bristol NW? I'm wanting around there at the moment and seeing nothing from anybody :D
It is these days yeah. Has bounced between West and North West a few times over the last 20 years. It's true blue solid Tory (even when the Tories went down to about four councillors here, Westbury provided two of them). Think Labour have done street stalls on weekends there last couple of weeks, good idea as it's a local shopping centre so lots of people from Henbury/Sea Mills/Southmead popping in there

It is these days yeah. Has bounced between West and North West a few times over the last 20 years. It's true blue solid Tory (even when the Tories went down to about four councillors here, Westbury provided two of them). Think Labour have done street stalls on weekends there last couple of weeks, good idea as it's a local shopping centre so lots of people from Henbury/Sea Mills/Southmead popping in there

Just spotted a Labour placard on the hill

One thing that strikes me about the signs and posters these days is that they nearly always just from reference the party rather then the candidate. Years ago it was always the candidate and often a big picture of them.

I guess this is more to do with re-using them and moving them around constituencies.

One thing that strikes me about the signs and posters these days is that they nearly always just from reference the party rather then the candidate. Years ago it was always the candidate and often a big picture of them.

I guess this is more to do with re-using them and moving them around constituencies.

Most of the Tory ones I've seen are candidate specific.

We had Karen Smyth (Bristol South) on ours but we're not huge fans so changed it to candidate-free Labour/SaveOurNHS/etc at the first opportunity.

it's budget more than anything I think (maybe party posters can be charged nationally and named ones have to go on local expenses too perhaps?)

I've seen some massive Tory ones in the southern suburbs the last two weekends (cycling to Brighton) which have the candidate's head on - look a bit like those shit American realtor signs. Have 'Standing with Teresa May' on all of them - something they might regret.

Back
Top Bottom