Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Election Window Posters: How's your neighbourhood?

you wouldn't know there was an election on ...around my gaff

maybe everyone's too embarrassed at what's on offer

One Green and a good number of Labour round here - but then it is a Labour stronghold (and quite a Tory-free zone) so to be expected.

A fair few tory posters. Some houses have those huge billboards-the ones the size of a small family car

I am pleased however to report-my 6 year old daughter reported to me one was defaced. When I asked her what it said she replied 'Lots of the F word daddy sprayed all over it'

Drove past today and its been covered up with pictures of the candidate and sitting MP covering those words up.

The other side hasnt been done though. May pop up there one night :D

Cycled to Brighton yesterday, saw quite a few Tory ones coming out the bottom bit of South London where the houses get bigger. Even saw one of the vermin candidates campaigning out on the street next to posters of his face.

Drove past Theresa May's house this afternoon. Big Theresa May placard at the end of her street. NB she's not the candidate in that constituency. How cringeworthy is that?

Plenty of Tory posters in the leafy 'burbs. Sprinkles of Labour ones in amongst them.

Back in the terraces, another couple of Greens nothing else.

Just saw the first one in my area (inner city, northern) and it was unsurprisingly Labour.

Driving around my consituency in Wolves this morning I have seen an easy 50+ Labour posters. None for any other party

I live in the posh bit of Reading but there are a surprising number of Labour placards around. There is a few tory, including one on my road. We've got the street party coming up soon though, so that's someone who has flagged themselves up for an undercooked burger.

Reading East or Reading West?

For a 20k+ Tory majority constituency, I've only seen the odd Labour and LibDem poster. Obvs shy tories everywhere else.

I conducted a highly unscientific survey of the hyper marginal Gower constituency by going to the Mumbles for a wander and an ice cream yesterday.

In 2015 there were quite a few Labour and Tory signs up including a massive Tory placard by the road. 2017 - one lonely Labour placard.

A thought occurred to me as I strolled through Reading East...

Many of the Tory placards are on rented accomodation, many of which are HMOs.

So it's not likely to be the tenants putting them up, is it?

More likely BTL landlords.

...and the letting agents too. One near me has posters in its windows and has used it's "to let" boards outside houses to have Tory placards attached.

Figures.

Suddenly loads of posters up everywhere around where I live, they are all lib dems which is a bit weird as its a tory seat albeit on a slim majority. I've not seen one tory poster, its like they've given up on the seat or something.

Have spotted my only Welsh Green Party placard so far of the campaign in Grangetown in Cardiff. Possibly the candidate's house.

My God, I just got leafleted by Labour outside Dorking station. Dorking! Labour!
By the way, it was a leaflet all about railway renationalisation, mostly focusing on Southern. A few people were engaging enthusiastically with the cheerful leafleters. Nobody was arguing with them. This would have been unthinkable five years ago. It's almost impossible to understate just how much commuters now hate both Southern and SouthWestern trains.

Labour everywhere. I live in a very poor Brexit area that has Labour posters everywhere and my daughters live in a pretty middle-class neighbourhood that's mainly Labour with one (lol) Liberal poster. My sister and my parents live in really really rich areas and I haven't noticed any posters there, so probably Tory. My dad said he's voting Labour which I kind of presumed he did anyway but sounds like he has voted Tory at some point.

Back
Top Bottom