Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Election Window Posters: How's your neighbourhood?

A few labour ones on febces/in windows in my bit of South Bristol, nothing else anywhere I've seen.

Lots and lots of blue placards for someone called Gavin Williamson around the Perton(west of Wolverhampton) area. A few bigger billboards in the usual farmer's fields. A big blue placard appeared on the Ludlow bypass a few days ago. When I went by this morning, it looked like it had been kicked to pieces. A couple of Lib-dem lozenges in a house window in Hereford, a solitary Labour placard in a car window, a smattering of Green placards in Leominster and some twonk driving an Audi covered in butchers aprons and UKIP signs around Hereford.

Saw my first Carolyn Harris (Labour, pro-Corbyn/pro-left, Swansea East) poster the other day. In the window of the LBGT rights centre opposite the station :D :cool:

Nothing else yet .... I think we're going to have to get a poster ourselves, and put that up soon ... :oops:

Never see Tory ones by me... on Libdem and Labour.... don't think anyone is brave enough.... until you get to the countryside where the farmers have massive boards up....

Other edge of the constituency- big houses next door to one of Readings most deprived neighbourhoods - a row of Tory placards :(

Seen a few Labour posters go up in various bits of West Midlands for various MPs

Today's bristol east (laboour held semi-marginal) perambulation brought a labour victory 8-1 - including one specifically saying 'corbyn'.
I have two siblings in East - one at the top end, one at the bottom. Both of them surprised to find they were in East. It's a bloody silly constituency now they've taken Easton out

Not seen much round Stroud for the GE yet, far fewer so far than for the locals. Not been down to town much though to be fair.

I think it was going back in 2020 but obv not time to get that up and running for this election.
Oh really? Does that mean the Westbury-on-Trym ping pong between West and North West was set to continue as well?

Brislington & St Annes are both in East when certainly St Annes feels like it should be South

Anyway - Redland (Bristol West): Lib Dems. They've always been a bit weird round there mind

Oh really? Does that mean the Westbury-on-Trym ping pong between West and North West was set to continue as well?

Brislington & St Annes are both in East when certainly St Annes feels like it should be South
Actually, it looks like no changes proposed by the boundary commission for bristol west (the site is rather confusing) so scrub what i said about easton.

Plan for Stroud is to put the two other mainly Labour towns, Nailsworth and Dursley, into two other constituencies. Really smacks of gerrymandering as they're unequivocally part of Stroud district. We're not even that marginal any more as it is.

Plan for Stroud is to put the two other mainly Labour towns, Nailsworth and Dursley, into two other constituencies. Really smacks of gerrymandering as they're unequivocally part of Stroud district. We're not even that marginal any more as it is.
That's ridiculous. Stroud/Nailsworth/Dursley is one cohesive area. Where are they putting them - Cotswold? Yate/Thornbury?

Just looking at the boundaries now - the constituency has parts that are very nearly Gloucester (Hardwicke, Upton St Leonards) but it's Nailsworth coming out?

That's ridiculous. Stroud/Nailsworth/Dursley is one cohesive area. Where are they putting them - Cotswold? Yate/Thornbury?
Yeah, it's Minch and Nailsworth to Cotswold IIRC and Dursley into Thornbury I think it is, the South Glos one anyway.

Thornbury & Yate. Imagine that that one's slightly light due to it being a split (old Northavon seat, other half became Filton & Bradley Stoke).

So Minchinhampton & Nailsworth - despite being effectively Stroud suburbs - get chucked in with Moreton in Marsh, Stow on the Wold, Chipping Campden etc. Dursley is slightly more understandable but still silly

As with the locals - tory safe seat, so mainly blue placards in the fields and some have been well graffiti-ed. but also a smattering of other colours.
In N Wales it seems that Plaid show well. Cumbria seems rather lib-dem-ish.

As with the locals - tory safe seat, so mainly blue placards in the fields and some have been well graffiti-ed. but also a smattering of other colours.
In N Wales it seems that Plaid show well. Cumbria seems rather lib-dem-ish.
Actually, any signs of support for Mr Fishfinger in Cumbria?

Back
Top Bottom