Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Election Window Posters: How's your neighbourhood?

Door steps are starting to warm up to labour and Corbyn, even when they state they “don’t like him” they like the policies and even the most vociferous Tories admit Johnstone is a mess a liability and untrustworthy

I’m canvassing in a 11k Tory majority but it doesn’t feel like it.

Lot of very angry working class northern immigrants

No Lib Dem’s whatso ever

Number one issue NHS hands down
No get Brexit done just people fed up of it

Strong environmental vibe in the town and all seem to be voting red including XR people

Really buoyed up by the support. Going out this afternoon and it’s howling

Just seen one Libdem poster around my way. I live in the middle of nowhere so you don't get many. Con/Libdem marginal here - only 312 votes in it last time.

Used to be a few Anti-EU/UKIP posters a few years back but they've died off now.

Barely anything here. Zac Goldsmith defending his majority of 45 votes over the libdems. Hopefully he’ll be finished this time.

Sadly there's one for 1980s Blair but some of the others are decent. Better than anything Labour are producing atm.
Greet the Dawn! - Labour Party Election Posters from the 20th Century - Flashbak

Maybe people can print their own.
Some absolutely bloody awful ones too

An-election-leaflet-from-Woolwich-for-the-UK-general-election-of-1929-768x461.jpg

Just seen one Libdem poster around my way. I live in the middle of nowhere so you don't get many. Con/Libdem marginal here - only 312 votes in it last time.

Used to be a few Anti-EU/UKIP posters a few years back but they've died off now.

You should have an influx of Labour canvassers for the marginal, are you seeing owt

I moved out of a solid south London Labour seat a couple of years ago and straight into a true blue Tory since the beginning of time Home Counties seat (not entirely my choice - it’s a long story).

The sitting MP is a defector and now independent Sam Gyimah. Not a peep out of him.
Same story here (recently moved from brixton to a place that sounds very similar to where you find yourself but here (sw herts) has david Gauke as the recently independent and long time mp and he is seriously going for it - i live very out of the way, fair drive from anywhere at all, and got one of his leaflets today, no others so far.

You should have an influx of Labour canvassers for the marginal, are you seeing owt
No. We never do out here though. I live in the middle of nowhere and I'd expect Labour canvassers to be targeting Camborne where it's tight between Con/Lab rather than here. Labour in with a chance there. St Ives would be wasting Labour canvassers time tbh - 7000 votes for Labour last time, 20,000+ for both the Cons and LibDems. Cons won by a mere 300 votes.

I'm in a safe labour seat so I reckon there is little canvassing going on here. Nothing through the letterbox from any of the parties. Some posters in windows for Labour but not many.

More Labour ones popping up. The complete absence of the usual Green ones shows some sort of tactical stand down from the Party and it's voters alike.

Pottered over the borough line to 'burby bit of the constituency. Fair few Labour and a couple of Tory ones outside the big Semis.

Pretty much like a diagram to illustrate this election, I have seen a few Labour posters in windows here in Plym city centre, (my bit is full of students) then as you drive up the A38 a farmer has a MAHOOSIVE Tory billboard in one of his fields.

Pretty much like a diagram to illustrate this election, I have seen a few Labour posters in windows here in Plym city centre, (my bit is full of students) then as you drive up the A38 a farmer has a MAHOOSIVE Tory billboard in one of his fields.
Wait until the vermin fail to compensate Mr Giles for his lost CAP £...then go up to his fields and watch him weep.

Wait until the vermin fail to compensate Mr Giles for his lost CAP £...then go up to his fields and watch him weep.
I wish that were the case but I work in this sector (sort of) and I know that one is very much in the pocket of the other. The BPS isn't going to go away. It might mean that the poorest city dwellers starve to support it but large landowners will still be fine under a Tory government (shock horror).

Farm payments if there’s a no-deal Brexit

I am, however, wondering whether he has planning permission for that billboard :hmm:

I saw two LibDem window posters today. They said 'Winning here'. Somewhat optimistic, or left over from previous elections, as they lost their deposit in the 2017 GE, and now don't have a single councillor. No leaflets from them yet. Tories did deliver a scrappy little leaflet last week. Nothing from the Greens.

Been around the North West a fair bit recently- noticed that Kendal is not as covered in Liberal posters as normal- only saw a couple but along the coast of the North West I only saw Labour posters, saw quite a few even in the Lake District- nada for anything else

One Green. A couple of Libdems, one Labour poster in a nearby house window and a placard in the garden of a house a couple of miles away. But these are all just drops in an ocean of depressing blue.

Back
Top Bottom