Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DUP and Tory f*ck up thread

Question: Do DUP leaders generally attend marches as a matter of course? Enormous potential for mischief in marching season if so.

Of course they do ..they have to pretty much. They even turn up and light some of these bonfires / hate pyres. Here's DUP minister Paul Givan doing exactly that just last year .

233503555-e2fe9a3b-ee3f-4ead-a37a-e22e35141387.jpg

This is actually an offence . Reminds me of the fucking ku klux klan that pic .

Eta

A few more of them

Criticism after DUP minister lights Eleventh Night bonfire

Best one was Kinahan..a UU minister claiming the Irish flag was on top of the bonfire he attended as a tribute to inclusivity or some such shit . They're fucking unreal.

Last edited:
Actually now I've just realised...just had a " ddoh " moment.

That's why they don't believe in global warming and climate change. It's because of their massive fucking bonfires !!

Can't believe I never picked up on that before .

its always been weird how such a heavily policed and often contentious- to the point of shots and burning cars- season just passes by as normal and gets a litle mention as third item on the beeb. If it was a city in the rest of the union there would be headlines in the boldest of fonts

Yes, another complete failing of the media in this country.

Actually it never used to be this bad, Northern Ireland was covered pretty extensively in the early 2000s.

There's no polish flags on it so it's either old or they're just not trying hard enough to offend everyone .

Here we have the poles lumped in with the Palestinians

bbe70e772995a02c83876b376cf28066.jpg

And let's not forget the Chinese either. A great bunch of lads .
Is that an upside down Polish flag, is so, WTF? If not what flag is it?

Sorry, I really am pretty ignorant about this stuff. Just to be clear, for marching season, they build these big bonfires and place the flags of places and people they don't like on them to be burned?

And DUP types all join in with this stuff enthusiastically, and will be doing so in just a few weeks' time with the whole of the UK media present to witness it?

Sorry, I really am pretty ignorant about this stuff. Just to be clear, for marching season, they build these big bonfires and place the flags of places and people they don't like on them to be burned?

And DUP types all join in with this stuff enthusiastically, and will be doing so in just a few weeks' time with the whole of the UK media present to witness it?

Yup

It is a very sad reflection that few in England have any idea of Loyalism in the six counties and the bigotry, racism, hatred of the Irish and Irish language, Catholics, Muslims(religion of the Devil - no less) & have no idea why those bonfires are lit on the eve of the 12th. Many Eastern europeans have been burnt out of their homes in East & North Belfast. The hatred is not reserved for only the above, they also are currently going through an internal feud resulting in the killings of two of "their own" .

It is a very sad reflection that few in England have any idea of Loyalism in the six counties and the bigotry, racism, hatred of the Irish and Irish language, Catholics, Muslims(religion of the Devil - no less) & have no idea why those bonfires are lit on the eve of the 12th. Many Eastern europeans have been burnt out of their homes in East & North Belfast. The hatred is not reserved for only the above, they also are currently going through an internal feud resulting in the killings of two of "their own" .
Sorry, I'm not proud of my ignorance here, but I didn't even know about the bonfires on the eve of the 12th let alone what they were about. You're right though that more people should know. More people are about to...

This makes them seem no worse than Lewis Bonfire Societies. Ian Paisley, the party's founder, played a major role in stoking up sectarian tension before 'the troubles' started. Taking a mob into the Catholic ghetto to rip down tricolours from the nationalist party's offices and similar theatrics. Throughout the conflict the party maintained and ambiguous relationship to loyalist paramilitaries, who began the cycle of violence: sometimes maintaining a plausibly deniable distance while getting very cosy with them when it suited both their purposes. The sectarian pageantry has some claims to date back to the late 18th century, but has been reinvented periodically since the late 19th century - when the protestant ascendancy began to play 'the orange card'* in response to the threat of home rule.

* Randolph Churchill - This is far from uncharted territory for the Conservative and Unionist Party

This makes them seem no worse than Lewis Bonfire Societies. Ian Paisley, the party's founder, played a major role in stoking up sectarian tension before 'the troubles' started. Taking a mob into the Catholic ghetto to rip down tricolours from the nationalist parties offices and similar theatrics. Throughout the conflict the party maintained and ambiguous relationship to loyalist paramilitaries, who began the cycle of violence: sometimes maintaining a plausibly deniable distance while getting very cosy with them when it suited both their purposes. The sectarian pageantry has some claims to date back to the late 18th century, but has been reinvented periodically since the late 19th century - when the protestant ascendancy began to play 'the orange card'* in response to the threat of home rule.

* Randolph Churchill - This is far from uncharted territory for the Conservative and Unionist Party
Yes, I didn't intend to make light of it.

Pretty much.

Trying to get my head around the EVEL legislation passed by the Tories to stop a SNP/Labour coalition in 2015. So the DUP can't vote on English laws ,nor can Scottish and Welsh Tories or the SNP , PC , Scottish and Welsh Lib dem and Labour. :facepalm:
Shit, did they actually legislate? I thought it had just been agreed on as convention.

Listening to mayhems speech right now , its crazy she is so in denial , hunt and gove ffs , again she is throwing everything away again

They may well be but they've been prebought by Aaron Banks who is probably pissing himself laughing right now.

The impression I'm getting is that the DUP are pretty flexible where large amounts of cash are concerned (while remaining resolutely opposed to science and civilised behaviour)

Back
Top Bottom