Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

That seems to be the leading theory according to some sources I’ve read.
Didnt know that, thought i was being clever all by myself.
If it's true then its a culture wars win for the troll isn't it, though i don't know if people rallied much to defend them or if it was just legal protections that made the drama go on for months.

Last edited:
That's quite convoluted as a theory though?

It seems like one of the simpler theories if it turns out to be true that said individual only wore the massive prosthetics while at the school (and presumably travelling back and forth.)

I can see the far right joining in with glee, pretending to be gender critical and trans people to spread arguments and throw around some death threats.

Reactions: Ax^
i'd never suggest anyone watch GB news or Talk TV

but if you do surprisingly the fuckbags spend a lot of time on this topic

I don't know, is it? What are the other theories?
the other theory is, if someone says that they are a trans woman then that is what they are, sudden onset intermittent humungous boob syndrome neither here nor there. I'm pretty sure this was trolling, of the school or of "the left" idk.

One thing I do think is worth emphasising (so I'll say it again even though I've said it before) is that whenever someone frames this as a safeguarding issue then they've already slipped into homophobic territory imo. Unless there is evidence of children being abused at these events then this is a discussion about what is appropriate censorship, not safeguarding, and people shouldn't be scared to be frank about that if they have strong feelings on this. There have been lots of similar debates which have been resolved with hard/soft censorships methods - age classification of violent video games and stickers on album covers warning of explicit lyrics spring to mind.

And when looked at through that lens it does kind of fall apart. Are we really saying parents with babies should be banned from attending any kind of event where they might see someone in a thong or witness sexy dancing, or a fetishy themed outfit? I think most people would agree it's down to parents to make those calls. If you don't like it don't go, but if your concerns run deeper than that then how do you propose a censorship system that is universal and doesn't just apply to LGBTQ people might work?

and always been plenty of hippy drug burn outs who end up right wing zealots

amazing the internet was supposed to give everyone all the information they could ever want

but here we are 25 years later
Oh lots to unpack here
plenty hippy drug burn outs
right wing zealots
on this thread are you part of the problem or are you the solution?

Oh lots to unpack here
plenty hippy drug burn outs
right wing zealots
on this thread are you part of the problem or are you the solution?

it was a remark on groups that can be easy prey for the right

as can be seen by looking at the main figures from the antivax movement and the hangers on

was Tommy Robinson not suddenly worried about the children

One thing I do think is worth emphasising (so I'll say it again even though I've said it before) is that whenever someone frames this as a safeguarding issue then they've already slipped into homophobic territory imo. Unless there is evidence of children being abused at these events then this is a discussion about what is appropriate censorship, not safeguarding, and people shouldn't be scared to be frank about that if they have strong feelings on this. There have been lots of similar debates which have been resolved with hard/soft censorships methods - age classification of violent video games and stickers on album covers warning of explicit lyrics spring to mind.

And when looked at through that lens it does kind of fall apart. Are we really saying parents with babies should be banned from attending any kind of event where they might see someone in a thong or witness sexy dancing, or a fetishy themed outfit? I think most people would agree it's down to parents to make those calls. If you don't like it don't go, but if your concerns run deeper than that then how do you propose a censorship system that is universal and doesn't just apply to LGBTQ people might work?

Agree, though I think the event involving children with babies was mostly thrown into the whole shebang because someone had dug up some pictures to frighten parents with.

DQSH on the other hand, seems to involve certain elements preying on people’s fears that there is a conspiracy to estrange their children from them by means of sowing general gender chaos.

Agree, though I think the event involving children with babies was mostly thrown into the whole shebang because someone had dug up some pictures to frighten parents with.
tbh the people i got a bad vibe off in those photos were the delighted customers in the promotional pics, those laughing ladies with their sunglasses propped on their heads indoors.

And
You're going to be part of the problem if you're just going to post ruddy yurts lyrics
I just cannot get over the fact that there is best part of 50 pages opining on something that no one has any direct experience of. it remind me of when life of brian was such a problem to those who had never seen it. Good or bad, that doesnt seem to matter any more just wind up urban and let it run

would you approach the mosque’s locals who say they’re worried about immigration / sharia or whatever by ridiculing them & lampooning their ignorance or would you try to think of something else. Idk.
Ultimately whichever side of the street people are on and whatever their placards say everyone is worried about and affected by the same issues in society. The only difference is who they decide is to blame.

Housing
Health
Education
Wealth
Cost of living
Heating and eating bills
Their children
The future
I’m-representative political systems
Jobs etc

My mortgage wasn’t doubled by refugees, my GP isn’t overwhelmed by trans teens taking up
Scarce medical resources etc

you catch more bees with honey but engaging with people with ludicrous entrenched “do you own research” positions and social
Media saturated messages is hard fucking work as it’s so easy to ask them a few questions and end at a point where their theories just collapse and they get insanely defensive

I watched Stewart Lee's latest show on iPlayer the other day. I left the computer on as I was doing stuff while listening, and for some strange reason its algorithm decided I might want to watch The Apprentice next. I've never watched The Apprentice or any other reality type tv show. Not interested. But I watched the first few minutes as 16 people were herded into a boardroom. They were 16 clones. Eight men, eight women, segregated, all dressed identically. The men in flash-looking suits, short hair, neat grooming. The women in fitted business dresses, heels, make up, coiffured long hair. All of them clones of the 'mentor' types who judge the thing who were sat opposite them.

It was as frightening an illustration of the social enforcement of gender stereotypes as I've seen. Far more damaging to young eyes than any subversive, world-upside-down drag show. All on BBC primetime.

And

I just cannot get over the fact that there is best part of 50 pages opining on something that no one has any direct experience of. it remind me of when life of brian was such a problem to those who had never seen it. Good or bad, that doesnt seem to matter any more just wind up urban and let it run
I think you're missing the point here. It's not a matter of whether or not we'd take our kids to these events. It's about encouraging hatred of the "other" or anything different or remotely "transgressive". It could be Gypsies or Jews one day, LGB people (without Trans) the next. Current bugbears of conservative, reactionary twats are asylum seekers and trans people. As bellaozzydog says, it's about finding anyone to blame, scapegoating anyone other than the real fuckers in the boss class and the assorted political scum.

Anyone who's banging on with the tedious "think of the children" shite on here needs to wise up because you've been had. Our real enemies are making a mug of you.

And

Have you actually read any of those fifty pages before jumping onboard to preach about what you are sure is happening? The topic has tangentially changed from the OP for instance.

Reactions: Ax^
I dare say it is an inconvenience that we must frame all of our posts within the Drag time story queen or whatever the fuck it is called, but if we could chat whatever we wanted without reference to the thread title then surely this way madness lies. People could say just about anything without reference to the original discussion topic. In fact I have seen the original discussion move about as far away from it as you can get.

Have you actually read any of those fifty pages before jumping onboard to preach about what you are sure is happening? The topic has tangentially changed from the OP for instance.
Yes I have
I have read this thread from the beginning and am still waiting for some one with direct experience to join.

I’m sorry to say that reading your posts is as interesting as watching a light drizzle falling on a half empty tescos car park and also may I suggest you edit yr tagline, henry.

Back
Top Bottom