Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

And every synagogue service in england far as I know has security people outside, from the community, manning the entrance, just in case, always has far as I can recall. This is seen as just normal though not any kind of alarming situation that people in general should worry about or offer to help with.
Yup, it is - gsv used to be on security rota. And he did witness some suspicious behaviour, including someone claiming to be Jewish, saying her son was interested in working in security (it's mostly volunteers) and seemingly trying to pump them for information about arrangement, which they didn't give anything away about.

I have not been to a DQST as it started after my kids were older, but all of the videos I've ever seen showing claiming to be a DQST containing something that might look 'inappropriate' have not actually been from a DQST and often there's not even any evidence of children present, but the people who share this shit know it's enough to post a video of a drag show for an adult audience and a comment saying 'I carnt belive they are showing this Filth to children' given people won't actually open the video and see there are no kids, before sharing with other people who will also share it without watching and make similarly outraged comments about the children.

Last edited:
And every synagogue service in england far as I know has security people outside, from the community, manning the entrance, just in case, always has far as I can recall. This is seen as just normal though not any kind of alarming situation that people in general should worry about or offer to help with.

Heard that. And its not in any way normal. Its shocking and the current resurgence of antisemitism online, (not to mention MAGA shites in the US) has a lot to answer for.

Its genuinley alarming to read folks casually dropping their canards into discourse, which is why am particularly enraged that a (thankfully small) handful of posters on urban have indulged in it. There's enough dangerous bigotry elsewhere without it being parroted here.

Yup, it is - gsv used to be on security rota.

:eek: that it's necessary

And he did witness some suspicious behaviour, including someone claiming to be Jewish, saying her son was interested in working in security (it's mostly volunteers) and seemingly trying to pump them for information about arrangement, which they didn't give anything away about.

:( and :mad: that it's necessary

🙋‍♀️ I’ve been to drag story time, just not one run/performed by the drag queen whose story times sparked all the protests. I follow them on other social media though.

Though I think I’m still under 10 posts on this thread so most of the 50 pages won’t have come from me ;)
And were you shocked, outraged, distressed or otherwise upset by the event ? Did you have loinfruit with you ? If so, were they shocked, outraged, distressed or otherwise upset ?

They sound like quite positive, fun events to me but then I'm not a parent and would feel really weird attending one 😃

Reactions: tim
And were you shocked, outraged, distressed or otherwise upset by the event ? Did you have loinfruit with you ? If so, were they shocked, outraged, distressed or otherwise upset ?

They sound like quite positive, fun events to me but then I'm not a parent and would feel really weird attending one 😃
I/they were not! They had a lovely time as I recall.

There were several stories (one being The Tiger Who Came to Tea), a group rendition of I’m A Little Teapot, a photo opportunity at the end, and the only thing that could possibly further the gay agenda was encouraging children to shout out the word “fabulous”.

, and the only thing that could possibly further the gay agenda was encouraging children to shout out the word “fabulous”.

images

:p

I saw some more footage of this on twitter last night and tbh it looks quite a shit event. It's just all wrong. It needs a dedicated performance space (what is that middle class thing about sitting on the floor in a circle, give people a seat and some soft play stuff for the kids). It needs lights, black out the windows, shine a couple of spots on a glitter ball and put up some drapes and you transform the room and that'll entertain the babies far more than someone dancing about. The performers didn't look to be enjoying it, for all the lurid speculation I bet they dread these events and they can't really do their thing with kids crawling under their feet. It just looks a bit odd and if they were planning to create a club/cabaret night in the daytime for parents it doesn't really come close.

That doesn't justify any of the outrage, I've been to loads of shit events and been involved in a couple and they never ended up in the Daily Mail. And I don't think anything they could have done would have made any difference to some people's response but if you're going get turned over for having a party you might as well make it a good one.

Disclaimer - to be fair to the organisers, sometimes stuff goes wrong, kit doesn't turn up, venues turn out to be uptight bastards and you end up not being able to do what you planned to do and bodging your way through it. A bit of video footage from what might be an off night isn't really enough to judge overall. Also if people enjoyed it then who the fuck am I to criticise.

I saw some more footage of this on twitter last night and tbh it looks quite a shit event. It's just all wrong. It needs a dedicated performance space (what is that middle class thing about sitting on the floor in a circle, give people a seat and some soft play stuff for the kids). It needs lights, black out the windows, shine a couple of spots on a glitter ball and put up some drapes and you transform the room and that'll entertain the babies far more than someone dancing about. The performers didn't look to be enjoying it, for all the lurid speculation I bet they dread these events and they can't really do their thing with kids crawling under their feet. It just looks a bit odd and if they were planning to create a club/cabaret night in the daytime for parents it doesn't really come close.

That doesn't justify any of the outrage, I've been to loads of shit events and been involved in a couple and they never ended up in the Daily Mail. And I don't think anything they could have done would have made any difference to some people's response but if you're going get turned over for having a party you might as well make it a good one.

Disclaimer - to be fair to the organisers, sometimes stuff goes wrong, kit doesn't turn up, venues turn out to be uptight bastards and you end up not being able to do what you planned to do and bodging your way through it. A bit of video footage from what might be an off night isn't really enough to judge overall. Also if people enjoyed it then who the fuck am I to criticise.
The thread is somewhat confusing now as people are now responding to two separate events simultaneously as if they are the same. I'm willing to accept they ARE the same to a certain degree in terms of politics, albeit different optics.
For me I shrug at Storytime. No different whatsoever to panto with kids or whatever. I'd concede that Babacabawhatever isn't harmful in any way but it's a definite entry into the culture war and I'd be surprised if those involved weren't trying to invoke a reaction, or at least aware of the possibility. Whether that works out well or not I guess we'll wait and see.

The thread is somewhat confusing now as people are now responding to two separate events simultaneously as if they are the same. I'm willing to accept they ARE the same to a certain degree in terms of politics, albeit different optics.
For me I shrug at Storytime. No different whatsoever to panto with kids or whatever. I'd concede that Babacabawhatever isn't harmful in any way but it's a definite entry into the culture war and I'd be surprised if those involved weren't trying to invoke a reaction, or at least aware of the possibility. Whether that works out well or not I guess we'll wait and see.

I was talking about the baby cabaret thing. And I doubt they were, drag is huge at the moment, loads of people are into it, they were probably just trying to put on an event they'd like to go to like most event organisers do. I'm not sure assumptions of hidden motivations get us very far, people aren't generally like that, if someone's trying to make a point it's usually pretty obvious. It it had been some big anarcho-queer event maybe, but it all looked a bit dreary and middle class and not the type of people to go looking for trouble.

I was talking about the baby cabaret thing. And I doubt they were, drag is huge at the moment, loads of people are into it, they were probably just trying to put on an event they'd like to go to like most event organisers do. I'm not sure assumptions of hidden motivations get us very far, people aren't generally like that, if someone's trying to make a point it's usually pretty obvious. It it had been some big anarcho-queer event maybe, but it all looked a bit dreary and middle class and not the type of people to go looking for trouble.
I completely agree. But on wedge issues like this it isn't me who fascists are trying to convince.

Last edited:

If people were less quick to judge and accuse they would understand what the parents go for. As you say it's popular. Just a good time for many, essentially comedy.

To be honest the Christian Hard Right need to look a bit closer to home if they are worried about children. But they're not, are they?

Quite. Telling kids to always trust, respect and obey a priest/vicar/worship leader is far riskier "grooming" than being shown than a person reading a story while dressed as the opposite sex.
What is unknown doesn't happen? Except it's breaking all over in the reports but no one gets any purchase on the truth because they're so fucking servile to the shitcunts that were buried last time they tried it in the 1940s. Whilst the rich boost the QAnon wankers all day every day. It's a sick joke.

Sorry bit ranty. More sober reflection coming hopefully.

Last edited:
What is unknown doesn't happen? Except it's breaking all over in the reports but no one gets any purchase on the truth because they're so fucking servile to the shitcunts that were buried last time they tried it in the 1940s. Whilst the rich boost the QAnon wankers all day every day. It's a sick joke.

Sorry bit ranty. More sober reflection coming hopefully.
One also suspects that these 'gay groomers!' types will be the types not to believe their kids if they were to disclose abuse by a heterosexual (or believed to be heterosexual) authority figure.

Back
Top Bottom