Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

Pastor guilty of child sex offences not a rarity drag queens covering up child sex abuse isn’t a fact.
Unlike the Catholic Church the Church of England the evangelical alliance various mosques Buddhists,Mormons etc.

Pastor guilty of child sex offences not a rarity drag queens covering up child sex abuse isn’t a fact.
Unlike the Catholic Church the Church of England the evangelical alliance various mosques Buddhists,Mormons etc.

I’ll wait for the third draft, cheers. :thumbs:

Impressive in a grim way for a handful of people to just turn up at someplace where the thing they're upset about isn't happening, and get news coverage anyway.

Yeah I can see that. But I was referring to the debate about the baby rave where similar arguments were used.
The baby rave is play sexual. Specifically, it is mostly straight adult women having a laugh with mostly gay adult men dressed as caricatures of women and playing at being sexual in a way that doesn't bother the babies present who don't have a single clue what is going on.

Whatever your opinions of drag, its power dynamics are nothing like the power dynamics on display in something like a cheerleader dance and the examples those set of stereotyped gender presentation and roles. The 'sexuality' on display in those baby raves is very much of a playful, tongue-in-cheek, ironic variety.

Reactions: tim
First of all it was "it's not happening". Now it's "they're only playing". Next it will be "actually its happening and its a good thing".

The baby rave is play sexual. Specifically, it is mostly straight adult women having a laugh with mostly gay adult men dressed as caricatures of women and playing at being sexual in a way that doesn't bother the babies present who don't have a single clue what is going on.

Whatever your opinions of drag, its power dynamics are nothing like the power dynamics on display in something like a cheerleader dance and the examples those set of stereotyped gender presentation and roles. The 'sexuality' on display in those baby raves is very much of a playful, tongue-in-cheek, ironic variety.
I don’t disagree tbh. But it’s not me that needs convincing. I think own goals that bolsters the arguments of fascists aren’t great manoeuvres tbh.

Are you getting the baby raves and drag queen story hour mixed up again? :hmm:

They're part of the same movement. One is just tailored to seem more innocuous. The other, however, does the job of shifting the window of acceptability. The separation of the two is deliberate to introduce a bit of plausible deniability.

They're part of the same movement. One is just tailored to seem more innocuous. The other, however, does the job of shifting the window of acceptability. The separation of the two is deliberate to introduce a bit of plausible deniability.
They sacrifice the babies at the end of the rave and drink their blood. Really, this stuff shouldn't be allowed. :(

Back
Top Bottom