Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drag Queen Story Times picketed by protestors who claim that it grooms children and promotes paedophilia

The nature of social media is that anything can end up in anyone's feed. The Daily Mail are cunts, but if they have evidence of something that's genuinely concerning, then you have to take that seriously, maybe while muttering 'I still hate these cunts and the way they exploit this for their culture war' under your breath.
who decides what's genuinely concerning? you seem to have handed that particular baton to the dm

Has anyone else been aware of the tabloid frenzy about Kayla Lemieux? Just been put on leave as a result of ‘concerned parents’ and media attention, It’s been fought along these battle lines, protect the kids and daily mail outrage and so on. But I reckon (it’s just a guess really) they may have been “trolling the left” the whole time.

Has anyone else been aware of the tabloid frenzy about Kayla Lemieux? Just been put on leave as a result of ‘concerned parents’ and media attention, It’s been fought along these battle lines, protect the kids and daily mail outrage and so on. But I reckon (it’s just a guess really) they may have been “trolling the left” the whole time.

Had to Google who it was. Ridiculous person.

It’s difficult but we need to challenge it

Ok, well that sounds shit.

opinion was divided in the 30s as to whether to oppose mosely's version of fascism or whether to ignore them in the hope they would go away. and again in the 70s with the national front's version and so on

and whether people in whichever minority should be 'good whatever' and not give [minority] a bad name...

The nature of social media is that anything can end up in anyone's feed. The Daily Mail are cunts, but if they have evidence of something that's genuinely concerning, then you have to take that seriously, maybe while muttering 'I still hate these cunts and the way they exploit this for their culture war' under your breath.
Nah. You just swallowed DM shit hook, line and sinker.

Had to Google who it was. Ridiculous person.
If i'm right in my suspicion that they were trolling the whole time then, from their own perspective, they did a good job. Worldwide media coverage and six months of the school being trapped in an apparently no-win situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ax^
On the first point: yeah, that's why we need to turn social media off and start again imo. On the second: I think perhaps we have different standards for evidence on this matter?

just depressing the US can at least say that most of its population is very religious for some of the extremes that happen in that country

but over it was just "think of the children" and people are falling for this sort of culture war sort of ballocks

saw it during covid when the Antivaxx were getting dragged into the right wing Sphere of influence but its appears its getting worse as we go along

just depressing the US can at least say that most of its population is very religious for some of the extremes that happen in that country

but over it was just "think of the children" and people are falling for this sort of culture war sort of ballocks

saw it during covid when the Antivaxx were getting dragged into the right wing Sphere of influence but its appears its getting worse as we go along

Nothing wrong with having faith, everything wrong with trying to impose your beliefs on others.

Question: Why do the more critical folks think these two mums organised the acts? They did say outright in their promo, but just as an exercise in placing yourself in someone else's head.
I'm not sure if anyone had a go at answering this one, but I would be interested in Santino's response to it?

agreed catholic so lapsed but you cannie get away from it

just weird for a country like the UK which is pretty much not religious for most of its population getting dragged into propaganda spread by evangelistic head bangers

fucking facebook shite

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with having faith, everything wrong with trying to impose your beliefs on others.
By faith, do you believing in something that there's no evidence for and, in fact, isn't really there... and then vilifying and making laws against anyone who doesn't also believe in that that thing that isn't there?

Agree, that’s what I meant about how “if you don’t like it don’t go” isn’t actually the end of it.
So if arguing that they’re ‘good’ is a trap what then?

If it comes to physically protecting the mosque or the story hour from a fascist mob and you’re ready to fight then it’s clear what to do but, outside of that, would you approach the mosque’s locals who say they’re worried about immigration / sharia or whatever by ridiculing them & lampooning their ignorance or would you try to think of something else. Idk.

I guess that's where the mosque analogy breaks down. This isn't the far right going into an area in an attempt to stir up or exploit existing community tensions. In terms of those taking action it's more a coalition of committed and cynical culture warriors, religious conservatives who think LGBTQ lifestyles are sinful and people who've bought into conspiracy theories about Queers plotting to normalise paedophilia. I'd say it's more akin to the anti-vax movement than to what the far right are attempting to do with refugee hotels, and in my experience there's not a lot of point trying to get into a discussion with groups like that.

There's always been moaning and arguments about what is and isn't suitable for kids and no doubt always will be, but in the main that is a decision that is left to parents. So I'm not so worried about people whinging online although I think it's worth pointing out hypocrisy if they don't apply the same standards to more heterosexual themed entertainment. But if people are calling for bans, or attending protests trying to get things shut down then I think the response we've just seen in Honour Oak is the best bet.

hmm i'd say the anti-vax movement was infiltrated early but Right wing culture warriors

just look at who was hanging around their events in London and beyond

its a rabbit hole people go down without think about who view points they are siding with

all one big picture

opinion was divided in the 30s as to whether to oppose mosely's version of fascism or whether to ignore them in the hope they would go away. and again in the 70s with the national front's version and so on

and whether people in whichever minority should be 'good whatever' and not give [minority] a bad name...
I have the battle of cable street mural as my screensaver, no passaran.

People nowadays seem so oblivious to the past lived experience.

Last edited:
hmm i'd say the anti-vax movement was infiltrated early but Right wing culture warriors

just look at who was hanging around their events in London and beyond

its a rabbit hole people go down without think about who view points they are siding with

all one big picture
There's always been a link between natural remedy types and the alt right. Have you ever read Natural News?

no but i have a brother in law who lost his mother to MS

and when down that rabbit hole to a Qanon hatstand over the last 12 years if that helps

If i'm right in my suspicion that they were trolling the whole time then, from their own perspective, they did a good job. Worldwide media coverage and six months of the school being trapped in an apparently no-win situation.
Do you mean that they are someone who is not trans who dressed like that to make a point?

and always been plenty of hippy drug burn outs who end up right wing zealots

amazing the internet was supposed to give everyone all the information they could ever want

but here we are 25 years later

Back
Top Bottom