Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Douglas Murray is a skid mark

Douglas Murray: Enoch Powell was right.

He would be a right laugh if he posted here.

I wonder if he is some kind of of Real Life Troll?

Some conservative think tank, IIRC. He wrote a Christopher Hitchens style book as well.

About how right neo-conservatism is, or something.

I just watched Newsnight just now.

I noticed that Douglas Murray had some kind of tension in his wrists, he kept rubbing and holding them, clenching his fists and his eye movements were erratic, as was his style of speaking/ranting. Add to that his over-arrogance, methinks this guy is a cokehead.

All I'm guessing is how many lines this guy snorted up before going on the programme?

Nasty personality, I'll agree.

purves grundy said:
ladies and gentlemen ladies and gentlemen ladies and gentlemen

Yes. The reason for the addition of the large letters in my post above.

As well as this quote:

"not only should we not decrease the military budget, but we should spend ALL our money on it, 1930 blah blah islamic terrorists blah blah"

He seemed to get a very easy ride from the panel and the audience which surprised me. I can't believe no one got stuck in and challenged him on the vile bollocks he was coming out with.

Ahhhh, thought this thread would be resurrected. I abandoned QT a while back as it had threateed to turn into the Roy Hattersley/Melanie Philips show. Had to watch this episode online though when I realised Douglas Murray was on. He's been on three times now and each has proved more entertaining than all the episodes in between put together. It's rather refreshing to have someone speak their mind as opposed to offering vague centrist technocratic soundbites. His book's pretty good btw, there are problems with it and if you ar on the left/liberal side of things there's a good chance you won't finish it due to setting it on fire but it's very insightful. The young QT edition was undoubtedly his finest hour although Varsi and McCall are soft targets. I was impressed (and pleased) that the audience then seemed to warm to him and amused to see the frustratin on this site that people actually agree with him.

Douglas Murray-not a bad chap

Any elaboration? It must really upset you to see that someone dares think like he does. Personally I quite like the plurality which makes things a little more entertaining. Why do people like you get so incensed by these things? Seriously why?

No elaboration needed. The man is a fucking cunt. Its not about plurality of opinion.

What is a 'person like me', btw?

Try and elaborate, it will lend you more credibility. I imagine though your next move will be to defiantly state that you don't need any from me or Douglas Murray or anyone else.

People like you: people who undoubtedly have a strong ideological opposition to anything and everything mentioned by the new right and are clearly of such conviction for whatever opinions) they hold that they think invective alone is enough.

I think Murray's very entertaining, can't say I agree with everything he says, especially in his book on neoconservatism which has some black holes and unecessary spat time but I do like the fact that he's prepared to come up against the comfortable hegemony of opinion on certain subjects. His main problem, as far as I see it, is his background. He'd be better off being from a working class neighbourhood and have a regional accent. Oh and the suits are pretty sharp. I think he went to Eton too, so he's likely to be vilified before he even opens his mouth.

Try and elaborate, it will lend you more credibility. I imagine though your next move will be to defiantly state that you don't need any from me or Douglas Murray or anyone else.

People like you: people who undoubtedly have a strong ideological opposition to anything and everything mentioned by the new right and are clearly of such conviction for whatever opinions) they hold that they think invective alone is enough.

I think Muray's very entertaining, can't say I agree with everythin he says, especially in his book on neoconservatism which has some black holes and unecessary spat time but I do like the fact that he's prepared to come up against the comfortable hegemony of opinion on certain subjects. His main problem, as far as I see it, is his background. He'd be better off being from a working class neighbourhood and have a regional accent. Oh and the suits are pretty sharp. I think he went to Eton too, so he's likely to be vilified before he even opens his mouth.
5/10 - well written but overplayed. I advise splitting the ad hominem from the commentary, it's more believable, and only bringing up "class bias" at a later stage.

Back
Top Bottom