Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Discussion: UK anti-vaxx 'freedom' morons, protests and QAnon idiots

£17K and counting:

View attachment 240256

£27k now. :D

Seems that its a council thing rather than a police thing so I wonder where it goes from here?

Tbh I am uncomfortable with councils just adding on massive fines as long as they see fit. At some point the courts have to get involved so that it's on some sort of proper basis.
They will when enough time has passed for her to have formally missed payments. Then there'll be a summons and a magistrate will decide whether she should pay the full amount and then there'll be the appeal afterwards. She probably won't pay all of it. But every time she proclaims fotler bullshit she'll be paying another 10% I reckon.

Tbh I am uncomfortable with councils just adding on massive fines as long as they see fit. At some point the courts have to get involved so that it's on some sort of proper basis.
I'm not sure exactly how it works in terms of procedure, but if she is staying open taking income, the fines surely need to keep up with her to be a deterrent (in principle, although I'm guessing £27K is probably overkill for three weeks).

When the covid fixed penalty fines were introduced, they were made available for councils to use, so I can't see a problem.

She's breaking the law, she knows what the penalties are, so fuck her TBH.

When the covid fixed penalty fines were introduced, they were made available for councils to use, so I can't see a problem.

She's breaking the law, she knows what the penalties are, so fuck her TBH.

She clearly thinks she's not guilty so she should really get her chance to argue that in a court or something. The constant adding of fines without any recourse to a defence does seems a bit dodgy regardless of how much of a knob she is.

She clearly thinks she's not guilty so she should really get her chance to argue that in a court or something. The constant adding of fines without any recourse to a defence does seems a bit dodgy regardless of how much of a knob she is.

Err, we're in the middle of a pandemic, strict laws are in place, backed by strict fines, she knows that, but thinks the law doesn't apply to her because she got legal advice from some fucking facebook post she's read, she's a fucking idiot.

To stop the fines being issued all she has to do is close the business, it's all very simple. Or, go to court to get a ruling to overturn the law, which of course wouldn't happen,

Otherwise, she'll get her time in court when she's summoned for non-payment of fines, whereupon I hope they bankrupt the twat.

Personally I think they should have included a clause in the law to allow the authorities to get a High Court writ to closedown these twats, break that & they would be arrested for contempt of court, and heading to prison if they continued with their fuckwitty.

Other counties haven't pussyfooted around like the UK, when it comes to enforcement of covid laws.

Err, we're in the middle of a pandemic, strict laws are in place, backed by strict fines, she knows that, but thinks the law doesn't apply to her because she got legal advice from some fucking facebook post she's read, she's a fucking idiot.

To stop the fines being issued all she has to do is close the business, it's all very simple. Or, go to court to get a ruling to overturn the law, which of course wouldn't happen,

Otherwise, she'll get her time in court when she's summoned for non-payment of fines, whereupon I hope they bankrupt the twat.

Personally I think they should have included a clause in the law to allow the authorities to get a High Court writ to closedown these twats, break that & they would be arrested for contempt of court, and heading to prison if they continued with their fuckwitty.

Other counties haven't pussyfooted around like the UK, when it comes to enforcement of covid laws.

Sure, she's a toxic prick. That doesn't change the fact that just piling up the level of fine doesn't seem to be doing anything. You yourself made a post about the £10k fines not working. Just adding more and more to the debt without getting her into a court where she can argue her case and lose doesn't seem like the best way to go about things.

Sure, she's a toxic prick. That doesn't change the fact that just piling up the level of fine doesn't seem to be doing anything. You yourself made a post about the £10k fines not working. Just adding more and more to the debt without getting her into a court where she can argue her case and lose doesn't seem like the best way to go about things.

As I said, the failure has been not turning it into an arrestable offence for contempt of court, the council can only play the cards they have been given.

Looks like local councils will be given powers to forcibly close businesses that don't comply:

Local Authorities will be given streamlined powers to issue improvement and restriction notices to businesses that are breaching COVID-secure rules, with the ability to compel the immediate closure of a premise that is not complying with COVID-Secure regulations.

COVID-19 Winter Plan - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Should be interesting.

A fixed penalty notice is not a fine it’s an opportunity to pay a fixed amount (reduced if paid promptly), and thus avoid going to court and receiving a criminal record, costs and probably an increased amount to pay as a fine. If she thinks she has a case, although it seems pretty cut and dry to me, it’s her prerogative to do so. If the courts rule in her favour she won’t have to pay the FPN and I’d it was incorrectly issued she’d be able to claim back costs. The council officers down this way seem to be issuing them as a last resort after educating the person first so they have ample opportunity not to stop being antisocial arseholes before any FPN is issued as a last resort

that's not pedantry, pedantry is excessive attention to detail.

Is it though? I think certainly some examples of excessive attention to detail would qualify as pedantry, not all would - and additionally there are plenty of examples of pedantry that aren’t focussed on detail but rather precision (which can be at a description level significantly higher than detail). I’m not sure the above definitional criterion is either necessary or sufficient on its own.

Well well, there's a fucking surprise
wtf. That's a surprisingly err.. traditional choice of adornment isn't it.
Does anyone know what crime he's accused of when it says 'faces seven charges of publishing, distributing and possessing anti-Semitic coronavirus hoax material on the Internet.'?

Presumably incitement to racial hatred - it does say "accused of stirring up racial hatred" in the title.
This offence refers to:

• deliberately provoking hatred of a racial group
  • distributing racist material to the public
  • making inflammatory public speeches
  • creating racist websites on the Internet
  • inciting inflammatory rumours about an individual or an ethnic group, for the purpose of spreading racial discontent.

Back
Top Bottom