Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Discussion: UK anti-vaxx 'freedom' morons, protests and QAnon idiots

Fucking hell, the sheer number of them.. :(

To try and be not just full of despair.... some will be there with legitimate issues from the last 2 years; lost work, businesses fucked up, not enough financal support, poor response by government, deaths in care homes, anger at unfairness in various areas, etc.

But the mix of those with the far right, outright loons, covid deniers, conspiracy types, etc. and the way they'll pick up each others ideas, or at least magnify them, is worrying.

They are a small fraction of the population that receive undue quantities of attention. I suppose I have to take them slightly more seriously the longer the pandemic goes on, but still not much.
what does take them seriously mean? We can pontificate and do PHDs about what causes them to exist and all that, we can lament / rage about the fact that they are having real world impacts on the situation in hospitals, none of that involves taking them seriously, people like Piers i mean.

To try and be not just full of despair.... some will be there with legitimate issues from the last 2 years; lost work, businesses fucked up, not enough financal support, poor response by government, deaths in care homes, anger at unfairness in various areas, etc.

Sure, there will be people with legitimate issues. I have legitimate issues. Hard to understand protesting with that particular lot on that count, though.

Sure, there will be people with legitimate issues. I have legitimate issues. Hard to understand protesting with that particular lot on that count, though.

Yeah, I think one of the reasons why it's probably got a bit more to it now is exactly because people are a bit lost and isolated, and this gives them an excuse to connect with others that feel the same maybe? People are finding each other, and the also feeling like they're doing something that's 'real' and 'justified' or something.

cant really blame them for going on a march (football was on today, etc), but as i've probably made clear lol not too keen on the content

It's not often I agree with Priti Patel.

'Corbyn appears to tell a crowd in the video: “You’ve got to get a list of them … and if your MP is one of them, go to their offices and, well, I would recommend burning them down, OK. But I can’t say that on air. I hope we’re not on air.”'

😐

Back
Top Bottom