Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Discussion: UK anti-vaxx 'freedom' morons, protests and QAnon idiots

If having concerns about the short/medium and long term effects of the vaccines is a conspiracy, then you live in a strange world.

Those concerns and impacts get addressed all over the place by the NHS, WHO, JCVI, etc. and all the similar organizations across the world.

But you think watching some stuff on YouTube makes you better qualified to know more than them?

Scared of an itty bitty needle

Some of my friends have gone down this "experimental untested vaccine" hole. Ironic when they used to hoover up lines of chang made in a bathtub in the jungle, gobble down pills with fuck knows what ingredients, smoke stuff smuggled in up someone's poop shoot.

Why do you keep posting stuff that's incorrect about vaccines, mask usage, covid restrictions, etc? You keep doing it, then ignore any corrections, then come back and do it again. And you do the classic 'just concerns about' but there's obviously something bigger underlying all

What do I post that's incorrect about vaccines? I have my own concerns as stated before, I'm hardly a rabid anti-vaxxer, yet having any kind of concerns makes me a nutter on here. :confused:

Bigger picture?

"But you think watching some stuff on Youtube..." Where does that come from?

Everything you say about them is unmitigated bullshit. And that's before we get into the loaded language and dubious implications you peddle.

You may not be a "rabid antivaxxer", but you certainly walk and quack like one...
Everything I say? Loaded language? Dubious implications I peddle (I actually like that one :D )

Wow!

There's some pretty good arguments against 'vaccine passports' etc. and I'm totally sympathetic to them and don't have a clear position for or against tbh.

Same here, although if the choice is between them and closing venues again, I know which option I would take.

I don't disagree with the cinema doing what it's done, I can avoid it, but it should be clear about it and its punters should mask up for their journey there and back home after. Super Spreader Cinema would be a good new name for it.

I said it doesn't stop you being infected or transmitting it.

I didn't use the word ineffective, you did.
Oh, you're that kind of idiot. You'll be reaching for dictionary definitions next :rolleyes:

What you said was "...based on having a jab that doesn't stop you getting it or transmitting it"

The implication of what you were saying was clear: the vaccine has no point as far as managing the disease is concerned. Which is not exactly the full picture, is it?

Why the willingness to accept the unmitigated presence in your body of an untested virus? That’s surely worse than a vaccine that is much, MUCH better understood than the virus is.

The choice isn’t really between having a vaccine or having nothing. It’s between having an unmitigated virus that is known to cause a cascade of immunological disasters, and having a mitigated virus whose effects are known to be heavily restricted post-vaccine.

I don't think this is the best way to talk someone round if you think they're mistaken guys.
Na. Medical apartheid pushed me over the edge. I mean Nelson Mandela did 27 years on Robben Island because he was too stubborn to update his app when he went to see the new Star Wars film and Steve Biko was offed because he refused to wear a mask down Asda.

You push these sorts of comparisons and expect to be called out as a cunt

There are definitely issues with vaccine passports and similar restrictions which need thinking through, and it should be possible to challenge them without being accused of conspiracy thinking.

I found this twitter thread by the guy who runs Cafe Oto a pretty worthwhile and thought provoking read. Lots of people called him some sort of conspiracist or covid denier for just having this discussion.

Na. Medical apartheid pushed me over the edge. I mean Nelson Mandela did 27 years on Robben Island because he was too stubborn to update his app when he went to see the new Star Wars film and Steve Biko was offed because he refused to wear a mask down Asda.

OK, I'm a cunt for not really wanting to show my vaccine status to go to the shops.

There, I admit it. Feel free to call me a cunt as much as you want. :)

It's a stretch, but there's also no denying that vaccine hesitancy is more prevalent in ethnic minority & immigrant communities, poor working class areas, etc.

Back
Top Bottom