Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

Ok. If its wearable now, then you're not holding yourself to diet ransom. Fitted vs baggy might be something that feels better with practice. Fitted generally looks more slimming, unless it clings to fat rolls, iykwim.

yeah.. it does cling to fat rolls (but there's no getting around that) but I think it might not be *that* bad - i'm just accustomed to wearing baggy things and I know I have a tendency to wear clothes in too large a size in general. It does fit now, but I'm so afraid that when I go back to school i'll start piling on weight (which is what tends to happen). I should probably buy it now though right? It's a v. flattering dress and I bet if I wait till December there'll be none in the size/colour I want?

yeah.. it does cling to fat rolls (but there's no getting around that) but I think it might not be *that* bad - i'm just accustomed to wearing baggy things and I know I have a tendency to wear clothes in too large a size in general. It does fit now, but I'm so afraid that when I go back to school i'll start piling on weight (which is what tends to happen). I should probably buy it now though right? It's a v. flattering dress and I bet if I wait till December there'll be none in the size/colour I want?
Buy it now.

They hold their value pretty well on ebay. i've sold even fairly worn out collectif frocks for £20.

ok.. it's in my basket but now (of course) I want to get the mirdle patent bag in red (it's on sale) but when I add it it doesn't come up at sale price (£25) just normal price (£35). The black one is coming up as sale price but not the red - even though it says it's £25 on the site. Why does it have to be so difficult? Argh.. I noticed that the Dolores dresses are already running out, so a bit scared to leave it.. ffs #firstworldproblems

maybe I'll go back to the shop tomorrow and try and sort it out there.

ok.. it's in my basket but now (of course) I want to get the mirdle patent bag in red (it's on sale) but when I add it it doesn't come up at sale price (£25) just normal price (£35). The black one is coming up as sale price but not the red - even though it says it's £25 on the site. Why does it have to be so difficult? Argh.. I noticed that the Dolores dresses are already running out, so a bit scared to leave it.. ffs #firstworldproblems

maybe I'll go back to the shop tomorrow and try and sort it out there.
phone them in the morning. i think they're in the office from 10am. don't think they'll be able to do much instore - and sale prices are rarely the same instore.

phone them in the morning. i think they're in the office from 10am. don't think they'll be able to do much instore - and sale prices are rarely the same instore.

argh.. can't - will be on a course all day long. ARGH! Maybe I'll just wait till Wednesday afternoon and hope they haven't sold out ... :(

Oh that's good gaijingirl - I'm going tomorrow! I have a feeling my height is going to be a problem - if they're good lengths on you and spanglechick, they're going to be much too long on me. I'll give it a go though.

Buy it now.

They hold their value pretty well on ebay. i've sold even fairly worn out collectif frocks for £20.

I just flogged 3 Collectif dresses that were too big for me on ebay for between £25 and £40. All worn but in reasonable nick. I actually sold one for more than I bought it for (a Dolores Doll with seagull print). I got it for £35 in the sale and sold it for just shy of £40.

Are you at Birkbeck tomorrow GG? I'm going to the British Museum in the morning to see the Pompeii exhibition.

no - not Birkbeck but nearby. Classes all day long with swimming during lunch hour! Slightly mad set up for childcare involving both sets of grandparents and a local summer camp and boohoo

I ordered a Lug bag online. I've had such a challenging month that I took a day off and went shopping in Omaha, but didn't like the way the manager of one particular store was acting. She was following me around and checking everything I looked at. It was just easier to order it online and let the postman drop it on my porch.

lug-taxicab-full-tote-bag-[3]-1194-p.jpg

I did get some good shopping done at a charity shop. I found two pairs of pants for work, three tops, and three dressier jackets. One of the jackets is a linen mandarin-style one that looks really good, but I wonder how bad it will wrinkle.

It's funny, I tried to shop for shoes, but didn't come home with a single pair. I was looking for something like a Keen sandal, but a full shoe. I picked up something like that in a charity shop this Spring and liked them so much I wanted a pair in the different color. Something like this:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/j-...antLink&utm_campaign=AV0&codes-processed=true

That's my shopping done for the next few months.

Oh, what a shame. Are they easy to hem though d'you think? Cos they turn up don't they? I'd be worried about ruining them. They're sold out anyway but I'm wondering whether to bother in the future (no shops in Brum).

Oh, what a shame. Are they easy to hem though d'you think? Cos they turn up don't they? I'd be worried about ruining them. They're sold out anyway but I'm wondering whether to bother in the future (no shops in Brum).
depends how handy you are. I think you'd probably want to cut out a strip and then reattach the turn up. which is a pita.

I need to go to the Collectif shop too as I have no idea what size I am in their stuff. I keep looking at their site, especially when they have sales, but getting put off because I'd have to order several sizes. The Dolores Doll in particular seems to come up pretty big.

I need to go to the Collectif shop too as I have no idea what size I am in their stuff. I keep looking at their site, especially when they have sales, but getting put off because I'd have to order several sizes. The Dolores Doll in particular seems to come up pretty big.

It does. The seagull one I had was a tiny bit too big for me as a size 18 when I was 2 stone heavier than I am now. Do you fancy doing a trip at some stage cos I need to try some stuff on too as I want to get a dress for a wedding next month?

It does. The seagull one I had was a tiny bit too big for me as a size 18 when I was 2 stone heavier than I am now. Do you fancy doing a trip at some stage cos I need to try some stuff on too as I want to get a dress for a wedding next month?

Which is why I think I may need an 8 which just seems wrong so I can't bring myself to order it! Let's do it! I can do Monday next week but then that's it until the end of Sept!

Which is why I think I may need an 8 which just seems wrong so I can't bring myself to order it! Let's do it! I can do Monday next week but then that's it until the end of Sept!

I know - I reckon I might need a 14 which is veh odd :D It's bank holiday on Monday isn't it? I've got a feeling I may be promised elsewhere but I'll find out and drop you a PM :)

Back
Top Bottom