Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

Ordered a satchel :cool:

front-strap.jpg

It came, it fits like a glove and hides my spare tyre quite nicely :) My only gripe is that the cut of the armholes reveals my squidgy folds more than I'd like - you know, those bits that squidge out of the sides of bras no matter how much you hoik them back in.

I don't really care about wrinkles but the doughiness of age does get me down.

Any thoughts about how to accessorise?

It came, it fits like a glove and hides my spare tyre quite nicely :) My only gripe is that the cut of the armholes reveals my squidgy folds more than I'd like - you know, those bits that squidge out of the sides of bras no matter how much you hoik them back in.

I don't really care about wrinkles but the doughiness of age does get me down.

Any thoughts about how to accessorise?

Some kind of thin, floaty but wide scarf that you can drape over your shoulders and upper arms, hiding any bits you don't like. In black or red/orange (difficult to tell from the photo).

A shrug? Keep your upper arms down? I've somewhat had that problem since SF last winter, but can scoop the lot forwards and get all of it into the actual bra cup (going up one cup size if need be).

Apart from that, black or metallic gold would probably go well with it. A statement necklace, bracelet, or belt could go a long way to drawing the eye away from where you don't want people to look.

Some kind of thin, floaty but wide scarf that you can drape over your shoulders and upper arms, hiding any bits you don't like. In black or red/orange (difficult to tell from the photo).
The problem with scarves and stoles is that they don't stay covering the bit you want unless you clamp your arms to your sides, ime. I always end up either wearing them granny-style over my shoulders and up round my neck, or giving up.

I have black jersey shrug/boleros in a selection of sizes and sleeve lengths. They don't go across the front, but they cover my upper arms and my armpit cleavage.

In related news, when I lose weight the top of my boobs looks revolting (loose and crumpled) like the skin of a ninety year old. It makes me sad. All this sacrifice to become ashamed of my body. :(

The problem with scarves and stoles is that they don't stay covering the bit you want unless you clamp your arms to your sides, ime. I always end up either wearing them granny-style over my shoulders and up round my neck, or giving up.

I have black jersey shrug/boleros in a selection of sizes and sleeve lengths. They don't go across the front, but they cover my upper arms and my armpit cleavage.

In related news, when I lose weight the top of my boobs looks revolting (loose and crumpled) like the skin of a ninety year old. It makes me sad. All this sacrifice to become ashamed of my body. :(

When I am thinner my boobs are awful. Saggy like I have breastfed 20 children and yes, crapey like a 90 year old smoker. :(

:(

I have reached the stage in life where I'm keeping on a fair layer most of the time, but when I lose it, my eye bags are fucking shocking. I look proper gaunt.

I have mixed feeling about these shoes. They go with the long butterfly print dress of mine and the toe area is wide enough to feel stable, I can probably dance in them without them coming off my feet, and they were only £20. BTW the shiny bits are studs, not diamante.
blshsd.jpg blshfr.jpg

OTOH after wearing them to walk into Tulse Hill (a walk of 15-20 mins from here), the balls of my feet feel grated, and after 10 minutes of walking it felt as if bones in my feet were coming through the skin on the underside. Pads will definitely be needed. :(

When I am thinner my boobs are awful. Saggy like I have breastfed 20 children and yes, crapey like a 90 year old smoker. :(
Oil. Boo boo mummy (yes, I know, worst brand name in the history of the world) or mama mio- I have used both at various points as I do like a bit of sunshine on my cleavage and my skin goes crepey easily. Used them long before I got knocked up and while it isn't magic, it makes a difference

I have mixed feeling about these shoes. They go with the long butterfly print dress of mine and the toe area is wide enough to feel stable, I can probably dance in them without them coming off my feet, and they were only £20. BTW the shiny bits are studs, not diamante.
View attachment 39149 View attachment 39150

OTOH after wearing them to walk into Tulse Hill (a walk of 15-20 mins from here), the balls of my feet feel grated, and after 10 minutes of walking it felt as if bones in my feet were coming through the skin on the underside. Pads will definitely be needed. :(
Are they for the wedding?

Are they for the wedding?

The one with mandatory dancing? Yes. Think I may end up just taking the bloody things off after the main photos and doing everything else in bare feet. Shame, as they add about 3", which I sorely need.

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, but you're tall. When I take my heels off, I'm surrounded by a wall of armpits, or shoulders (if lucky).
I get to look at men's bald spots and down women's cleavage- swings and roundabouts :)

Seriously though, even the most comfy 3 inch heel isn't *that* comfy, it's just less hideously painful than the comparator. And dancing with some decent polish vodka inside you will feel better than schlepping up that hill on tarmac pavements anyway

Just got my dandilion necklace and it's a bit disappointing.
May return it as it's off white/ yellowy with tiny chips on the surface :(

View attachment 39149 View attachment 39150

I love them! Do you mind saying where they're from??
I have Zara flats with a similar toe and have worn them to death this summer, would love similar with a wedge heel

I love them! Do you mind saying where they're from??
I have Zara flats with a similar toe and have worn them to death this summer, would love similar with a wedge heel

They're from a women's shoe shop between Brixton tube and Nationwide, on that same side of the road. This time, I'm fairly sure of the name of the shop because it's on the carrier bag. Surprise. :)

BTW that style was also on display in black.

They're from a women's shoe shop between Brixton tube and Nationwide, on that same side of the road. This time, I'm fairly sure of the name of the shop because it's on the carrier bag. Surprise. :)

BTW that style was also on display in black.

Ah boo, will keep my eyes peeled for similar in Manchester! :)

:(

I have reached the stage in life where I'm keeping on a fair layer most of the time, but when I lose it, my eye bags are fucking shocking. I look proper gaunt.
I loved my flat chest and very feint mastectomy scar. Now it's gone flabby :( It's a bastard when even your flat chest sags :mad: Funny though :D

Back
Top Bottom