Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

:confused: You put on weight since last year then?

Just lately I have for some reason (probably too much bloody alcohol and lying around tbh). It's coming off a bit now. Didn't like the wobbly belly bit so much, tits were great ;)

But yeh, the skin in general is looking its age a bit now. I exercise regularly but there's a bit more 'give' in it each year. Collagen innit mate? 45 now - 46 in January. Cannae have taut skin all your life eh?

But yeh, the skin in general is looking its age a bit now. I exercise regularly but there's a bit more 'give' in it each year. Collagen innit mate? 45 now - 46 in January. Cannae have taut skin all your life eh?

Moisturise!! I'm hoping to keep it as long as possible :) Was just talking about crepey skin earlier!

I'm not convinced that you can do much about your skin. I moisturise every day (Nivea £2.99) when I've just put moisturiser on my skin looks good. When I get up next morning...... now that's another story :(

Moisturise!! I'm hoping to keep it as long as possible :) Was just talking about crepey skin earlier!

I do, every day, have done for years now. Still doesn't stop the ageing process :D

It's not crepey as such anyway, more of a flabbiness going on - looser. Not liking but there y'are, cannae stop it.

have you seen any of this stuff? http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/aug/07/mastectomy-tattoo-breast-cancer Apparently it's a 'thing' in the US which is becoming more common over here. Some of them are stunning e.g.
1000.jpg
I has no idea you could tattoo over scars. This opens up a whole world of opportunities for me

I has no idea you could tattoo over scars. This opens up a whole world of opportunities for me

It will heavily depend on the type of scar and the stage of healing. Keloid scars may be problematic for example.

That said, the woman in the photograph looks spectacular and if (heaven forbid) it happened to me I like to think I'd do the same.

I have bought anything yet but am trying to decide between two dresses for a wedding in late November. I haven't been to a wedding in years so I'm a bit :hmm: about what to wear. Keep in mind it will be in Sydney and I live in Melbourne so a) it will be really warm and b) it will need to go in a suitcase.

OK, it's between these two

82097_noir_1_320_530.jpg

Close up of print

82097_noir_3_320_530.jpg

The dress is cotton and cotton lined. It's $130 I think. I have tried it on and it looks pretty decent on me. Doesn't need any stupid shapewear underneath either :thumbs:

Was also considering this from ASOS

image1xl.jpg

Which is a lot cheaper. Maybe I should order the ASOS dress now it's on sale and send it back and get the other one if it looks bad on me? :hmm:
Bit confused at to what to do :oops:

The second one is more weddingy, but the first is nicer and I'd imagine you would wear it quite a lot afterwards. Maybe add colourful accessories to de-blackify it a bit.

That's a good idea. I think the first one could be worn in a lot more casual situations as well. Thanks for your help :)

Can I be honest and say the main thing I am concerned about is looking decent without showing too much boob? Being top heavy anything cut too high looks terrible but I was always taught that any amount of cleavage at a wedding is offence. I guess if the dress isn't too short and I'm not bursting out of my dress I should be OK.

mrsfran - thanks to you - got to the Collectif shop today and glad I did. I remember spanglechick saying that their dresses vary massively in size/fit. Anyway, I really really like the Dolores dress which, in a size 18 was too big - basically too big around my bust area as my boobs are much too small for the rest of my body :mad:, so it gaped there. But it was not very tight around my tummy area - which I like because that is too big for the rest of my body.. :mad: Anyway, the size 16 fits very well around the bust area and I suppose it fits ok on the tummy area - but it's fitted iykwim and I definitely prefer baggy.

The upshot is they didn't have a size 16 in blue in the store but they do online. However, I know they sell out quick because they've done a big mailshot saying "now back in stock" and the girls in the shop also said it runs out quick. I'd prefer to wait until Christmas and see if I'm either thinner or at least not fatter before spending £50 on a dress in a 16 - but I'm afraid if I do it will be gone. So do I just buy it and hope I can keep up the old 5:2?

I also really liked the Violet dress in black/red cherry which fit, but was also quite fitted... probably another 5lbs off and it would be more comfy.

I do not need a new dress btw.. this is why I'm thinking - Christmas/b'day dress...

mrsfran - thanks to you - got to the Collectif shop today and glad I did. I remember spanglechick saying that their dresses vary massively in size/fit. Anyway, I really really like the Dolores dress which, in a size 18 was too big - basically too big around my bust area as my boobs are much too small for the rest of my body :mad:, so it gaped there. But it was not very tight around my tummy area - which I like because that is too big for the rest of my body.. :mad: Anyway, the size 16 fits very well around the bust area and I suppose it fits ok on the tummy area - but it's fitted iykwim and I definitely prefer baggy.

The upshot is they didn't have a size 16 in blue in the store but they do online. However, I know they sell out quick because they've done a big mailshot saying "now back in stock" and the girls in the shop also said it runs out quick. I'd prefer to wait until Christmas and see if I'm either thinner or at least not fatter before spending £50 on a dress in a 16 - but I'm afraid if I do it will be gone. So do I just buy it and hope I can keep up the old 5:2?

I also really liked the Violet dress in black/red cherry which fit, but was also quite fitted... probably another 5lbs off and it would be more comfy.

I do not need a new dress btw.. this is why I'm thinking - Christmas/b'day dress...
Ok. If its wearable now, then you're not holding yourself to diet ransom. Fitted vs baggy might be something that feels better with practice. Fitted generally looks more slimming, unless it clings to fat rolls, iykwim.

Back
Top Bottom