Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

Got some black leggings with lace around the bottoms of the legs, to wear with black ankle boots/DMs.
I feel bad that I got the idea from a girl wearing them in the G8 protests, being knelt on by a policeman. :( You have to take fashion tips where you can get them, though.

Attempting to do this without making any purchases... I've got a thing to go to on Pride weekend where you have to go as either a butch or femme lesbian from the 50s, 60s or 70s. Since I have a large collection of 50s style frocks the choice is fairly obvious, but not sure about hair/head. I have three lovely little 50s hats, one black, one pink and one brown... all my suitable dresses are of course blue :mad: This is the front runner dresswise, although it was a bit tight even when made and is now even tighter :oops:

2011-05-27 17.33.08.jpg

Love the print and the cut. AFAIK that type of dress is supposed to be very close fitting on the bodice anyway.

As for your hair, what about a broad alice band, a high ponytail, or a french pleat?

You're not thinking big enough there btw. It's Pride. I wouldn't be overdressed if I went as Carmen Miranda with a bowl of dildos on my head.

Ooookay - in that case, you could theme the hair accessories - a couple of large linked female symbols fixed onto combs? Or some of these, supersized and with the handle stuck in like hair sticks?
images

You're not thinking big enough there btw. It's Pride. I wouldn't be overdressed if I went as Carmen Miranda with a bowl of dildos on my head.

I would do that then ;) make something out of plastic fruit or fake flowers from the market shops?

I got a 70s ultra high waisted cord maxi skirt from eBay to wear with cowboy boots. Not sure what top to wear....:hmm:

You could knock one of those headdress things up out of knitted/crocheted flowers and a bit of net, I'm sure.

Or totally go with the dildos.

Got passionfruit body butter from Body Shop. Haven't bought anything there in years, but they had a special offer when the body butters were all a fiver instead of £13, and I needed some more body lotion. Smells gorge!

Just bought great Retro Slag Shoes on eBay. Ironically, I wanted them in red, but they didn't have in my size, so I bought the fuschia, but can only find a pic I can use in the red, so it's this, but fuschia:

images

I got a lovely black/grey roses dress at a clothes swap, my only reservation being it could look a tad staid, so I felt it needed some good retro tart red peep toe shoes, but I couldn't find what I was after until this one. Basically, it had to be block heeled so I could stick on another layer of sole for my short leg, and ideally, like these ones, dirt cheap (tenner) so it didn't matter much anyway. Quite chuffed with them, especially as I plan to wear them to Glyndebourne. And then probably some naughty parties.

Fuck knows if I'll be able to walk in them, even accounting for platform I'm sure they're higher than anything else I've ever owned.

Ooookay - in that case, you could theme the hair accessories - a couple of large linked female symbols fixed onto combs? Or some of these, supersized and with the handle stuck in like hair sticks?
images

Oddly, nobody uses any of those symbols at all any more. I don't know why.

Anyway, I made a hat. Now just got to decide which of the three blue 50s style dresses I own to wear with it. I also have pale yellow gloves, and a pale yellow handbag coming from ebay, and pale yellow shoes (I'm aiming for ladylike and a bit repressed).

I never come in here!

But I actually bought some new things! :D I got a floaty white and pale patterned blue smocky type blousey thing for work, and a blue checked shirt for not-work, 2 sets of knickers (patterned ones - with bows :eek:), 3 new bras (patterned ones again - am fucking sick to the back teeth of black or white underwear, so got a white one with a blue bow and blue straps, a pale green one with white polka dots, and a pale blue one with some kind of pattern on it), a long turquoisey beaded necklace that I can wrap around to make it like a choker, and 3 differently-coloured turquoise racer back vests :cool:

Feels so strange to buy new shit :D

I never come in here!

But I actually bought some new things! :D I got a floaty white and pale patterned blue smocky type blousey thing for work, and a blue checked shirt for not-work, 2 sets of knickers (patterned ones - with bows :eek:), 3 new bras (patterned ones again - am fucking sick to the back teeth of black or white underwear, so got a white one with a blue bow and blue straps, a pale green one with white polka dots, and a pale blue one with some kind of pattern on it), a long turquoisey beaded necklace that I can wrap around to make it like a choker, and 3 differently-coloured turquoise racer back vests :cool:

Feels so strange to buy new shit :D
You've been and gone all girly :D Floaty white smocky type blouse, bras with bows and polka dots and a beaded necklace. Can't wait to see you next week, will ya be wearing stillies? :D
I bet you look lovely and we'll probably see the undies at some point :)

I also bought some new shit at the weekend, after three soul destroying hours trying stuff on in Debenhams. THREE HOURS, three long hours of self-loathing and rage at the outside world. Came out with a Mantaray print tshirt, a red sleeveless top with a black lace collar and a peephole on the back that exactly lets my flaming goddess tattoo face peek out, and a white vest with all flaars along the bottom.

I so hate shopping, I'm too impatient. Thankfully, having worked in retail for over 10 yrs, I can usually judge if something will suit me within seconds. Judging sizes is still a pain as I'm an awkward shape... I should learn to sew...

One plain black racerback Slazenger swimsuit, size 14. You have my full permission to laugh if I fail to be able to just about get into it by the end of summer.

You've been and gone all girly :D Floaty white smocky type blouse, bras with bows and polka dots and a beaded necklace. Can't wait to see you next week, will ya be wearing stillies? :D
I bet you look lovely and we'll probably see the undies at some point :)

Haha - no, no stillies :p:D I know - does feel very strange, but kinda nice :) I've worn black or white underwear for absolutely years now, and it's a weird but nice feeling to wear other stuff :) Plus the fella's eyes drop out of his head when he sees them haha - makes me laugh :D

Jesus, she'll be wearing frocks and lippy next, like a big girl's blouse. :D

I wear lippy for work so shut it. Never frocks though. Not outside, anyway.
I don't want to see them knickers.

Liar :p

sojourner, I'm another black or white (mainly white) undies gal. I have also got really bored with my endless supply of mainly white sloggi cotton knickers. My problem with changing to something else is that they are just so bloody comfy :(
:rolleyes: @ me and my comfy cotton knickers :D

sojourner, I'm another black or white (mainly white) undies gal. I have also got really bored with my endless supply of mainly white sloggi cotton knickers. My problem with changing to something else is that they are just so bloody comfy :(
:rolleyes: @ me and my comfy cotton knickers :D

:D Hey - these are still cotton knickers mate! Bikini type ones. I did buy some of those little mini-shorts things some months ago - great for sex, CRAP for wearing during the day! They just constantly go up your crack :mad:

I got these

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pack...rs/dp/B004MCUT3U?_encoding=UTF8&mnSBrand=core

and these
http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pack...rs/dp/B002F6LUC4?_encoding=UTF8&mnSBrand=core

Pretty damned boring for most people maybe, but rather exciting for me! :D

<snip>:rolleyes: @ me and my comfy cotton knickers :D
Dye some of the white ones? If there's any lycra or non cotton in there, they'll either come out colour + white stitching, or pastel, but at least they'd be a different shade to what you've already got. Still comfy too.

Back
Top Bottom