Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

I also have really wide feet and have never been able to wear sandals that don't have a strap around the back of the foot and a really supportive footbed. I've had a pair of the classic Birkenstocks sandals, brown/2 straps/strap across back (they look very medical) for years until they fell apart - really really comfy (for me anyway). But last summer i bought a pair of these Birkenstock Gizeh ones - they're toe post sandals and they are leopard print and I'm delighted - no strap around the back, quite nice looking - not delicate but attractive - I'm not a delicate person anyway. I've just seen they have a whole colour range in the same ones - so hopefully I can finally have something vaguely nice on my feet over summer because basically all I wear is sandals in the summer and trainers in the winter (which is probably why I have such wide spread feet).

Where I suffer with many other sandals (see also ballet slippers) is that they have fuck all sole and really hurt if you walk any kind of distance.

Brilliant, cheers. They look nice, I might have a look about tomorrow.

Although, I now also want leopard print havaianas thanks to zenie. : D

Brilliant, cheers. They look nice, I might have a look about tomorrow.

Although, I now also want leopard print havaianas thanks to zenie. : D

they might not work for you though.. I can't wear havaianas/flip flops in general personally - same problem with them slipping off/not being able to walk any distance in them. I hope you find what you want either way.

Then get some :p

I might, I defo need some new 'thongs' :D

Nothing new, but it feels like it. I didn't like a velveteen leopard print pencil skirt I'd had for ages, because it was too pale. I threw it in a vat of Dylon Tulip Red and it's now fabulous!!

oooh does it still look leopardy? Pics!!!

they might not work for you though.. I can't wear havaianas/flip flops in general personally - same problem with them slipping off/not being able to walk any distance in them. I hope you find what you want either way.

I find them pretty comfy :) But they're nothing particularly special as flipflops go...

I find them pretty comfy :) But they're nothing particularly special as flipflops go...

to be fair, I've not tried those particular flip flops so maybe they're different, but I find when I walk in flip flops I either slip out/or trip over myself a lot... it could just be that I'm cack footed..:D

gg, what do you do for school shoes? I wear trainers and boots in winter and slip slops in summer and struggle with what to wear to school now the weather is good.

yeah - i'm stuck with ballet pumps in summer. we used to be allowed to wear sandals, but they're verboten under the 'corporate dress' code.

Sandals are also now forbidden for us, since last summer. I actually have some nice ones for school but now I have one pair of black closed shoes but they're boiling. Normal women's shoes are so uncomfortable, I generally get mine from Aldo but they're really not that supportive and I'm inbetween sizes for their fit. I find Nine West equally uncomfortable, too thin on the sole.

I spent £200 on DP online today as I got my summer wardrobe out the other day and since losing weight none of it fits. Only going to post what I keep though. Although I hope the panda face ballet pumps do!!!

I'll try some and see how they feel.

I love flip flops and havaianas are the comfiest I've ever had.

Sick of not having wedge heel sandals, as not yet found suitable in budget, but spotted these on sale online, so going for it and hoping they fit:

LC411B00D-912@1.1.jpg

Image comes in huge or tiny, but you get the idea!

yeah - i'm stuck with ballet pumps in summer. we used to be allowed to wear sandals, but they're verboten under the 'corporate dress' code.

You really wouldn't like to see what some of the women wear in my corporate environment then.

Somebody wears flipflops on a regular basis in the summer :facepalm:

I wear flip flops and jeans every day in the summer unless I have to go out and see a customer.

If they bring in a dress code I'm fucked.

I'm another flip flop wearer, they're just so comfortable. My heels are a bit manky though so I have to grate them occasionally.

I never wear ballet pumps. I don't know why, because I don't dislike them, but for some reason I have it in my head that they're not for me. My default summer footwear is ye olde Clarks mary janes, as per my earlier post.

gg, what do you do for school shoes? I wear trainers and boots in winter and slip slops in summer and struggle with what to wear to school now the weather is good.

I wear a pair of extremely sensible German shoes by Doctor someone or other... they are possibly the ugliest things on the planet but I'm on my feet the whole day and I am a wimp about sore feet. They are very comfy.

I have found a fairly non descript pair of pumps the least offensive thing to wear to work. They have to have a tiny heel, more like a raised sole than a heel or they're excruciating to wear. I see all those women with complete flats and wonder how there feet aren't falling off. I would never have bought a pair of pumps five years ago but when I entered teaching there was still some of the hippy 70s ethos left and you could wear jeans and black trainers to work as long as they were in good nick and you wore a relatively smart shirt. Now teaching's gone all corporate, you can't even wear the pretty sandals they wear in the real private workplace.

yeah... I have loads of pretty pumps that I have bought for school - when I've worn them the students have often asked me where I got them from etc.. but my feet are just so sore at the end of the day. It's probably down to my weight as well tbf.. I had less problems with them when I was 3 stone lighter.

yeah... I have loads of pretty pumps that I have bought for school - when I've worn them the students have often asked me where I got them from etc.. but my feet are just so sore at the end of the day.<snip>

Buy a wider pair then fit with running insoles? Probably too expensive to do right now, but the insoles can make a difference as long as there's enough room for them.

Back
Top Bottom