Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

My god, I bought something! One pair of eminently sensible black Clarks shoes, to replace my previous pair of eminently sensible black Clarks shoes:

20333909_F_p.jpg

I bought something too! A pair of John Rocha bootcut jeans from Debenhams which are *almost* a perfect fit. More importantly they are not low rise so my belly doesn't hang over the top of them when I sit down.

Got sum Jack jones half shoe half boot<<< if thats the right word fer em. From red cross charity shop, their brown leather wiv a sheepskin linin which is the only letdown but hey theres not much of a summer here up north so probly get away wiv wearin em..

A black jumpsuit, some black "smart" shorts (optimistic), a pair of pointed navy and blue flats and a navy striped summer jumper.

I've bought a couple of dresses off eBay. One was still in its wrapping for less than 15 quid the other was tagged as used but it looks and smells brand new and unworn.

Can't get decent pictures but one is blue with small bow print and the new dress is a Joe Browns ditsy print which was probably at least 30 quid.

I had a big clear out at the weekend and got rid of 4 bags of clothes that were in the spare room.

I had 5 hideous pairs of bootcut jeans that looked bloody awful on.

I've got another massive pile for eBay but god knows if I ever get round to it. Otherwise it'll be for the charity shop.

inspired by the nails thread i just bought orange nail varnish to match the frock :)

it's pretty bright :eek: wondering whether putting zebra stickers over the top would make it more or less garish :hmm::D

anyone know any websites which do next day delivery (preferably for free) - not Next though.. I want to buy some Birkenstock Gizeh sandals but they're £10 more expensive than everywhere else on Next.. and they charge postage.

tbh I've avoided doing things that involve you cancelling them after the trial is done because I NEVER remember.. :facepalm:

I've just bought them off some ebay seller. Not next day delivery but free delivery. I will just have to be patient. I've actually put a dress on today and of course I wanted them NOW... I'll have them next week instead. :)

Today I bought a bright pink cardigan from Oxfam. It was Banana Republic who I've not really come across before it it's made from silk and cotton so should wear well.

I've always avoided Birkenstocks as they look really uncomfortable. When I've had other sandals with a similar footbed they've really rubbed and made the soles of my feet sore.

I wear havaiana flip flops all summer. Should I give them a try and if so, which ones?

I have wide feet and when I've tried the double strap ones I thought my feet looked like ties up hams. : D

I've always avoided Birkenstocks as they look really uncomfortable. When I've had other sandals with a similar footbed they've really rubbed and made the soles of my feet sore.

I wear havaiana flip flops all summer. Should I give them a try and if so, which ones?

I have wide feet and when I've tried the double strap ones I thought my feet looked like ties up hams. : D

I also have really wide feet and have never been able to wear sandals that don't have a strap around the back of the foot and a really supportive footbed. I've had a pair of the classic Birkenstocks sandals, brown/2 straps/strap across back (they look very medical) for years until they fell apart - really really comfy (for me anyway). But last summer i bought a pair of these Birkenstock Gizeh ones - they're toe post sandals and they are leopard print and I'm delighted - no strap around the back, quite nice looking - not delicate but attractive - I'm not a delicate person anyway. I've just seen they have a whole colour range in the same ones - so hopefully I can finally have something vaguely nice on my feet over summer because basically all I wear is sandals in the summer and trainers in the winter (which is probably why I have such wide spread feet).

Where I suffer with many other sandals (see also ballet slippers) is that they have fuck all sole and really hurt if you walk any kind of distance.

Today I bought a bright pink cardigan from Oxfam. It was Banana Republic who I've not really come across before it it's made from silk and cotton so should wear well.

I like banana republic, the stuff is quite classic but sophisticated, and good quality. :)

I want some leopard print Havianas....:mad:

Same company as Gap but more classic lines. They have great stuff, I find it wears very well and is good quality. The sales are good for bargains.

Back
Top Bottom