Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

It says they are 'pretty and feminine'

Bet you never thought they'd apply to me did ya? :D

You like them, that's the main thing. Anyway, underwear can be pretty and practical - far more difficult to find outerwear which is both.

Dye some of the white ones? If there's any lycra or non cotton in there, they'll either come out colour + white stitching, or pastel, but at least they'd be a different shade to what you've already got. Still comfy too.
I can't dye the white ones because I am inordinately proud of the whiteness of my whites, no matter how old they are. Be it underwear, clothes or towels and bedding, I have a bit of a thing about my whites :)

I can't dye the white ones because I am inordinately proud of the whiteness of my whites, no matter how old they are. Be it underwear, clothes or towels and bedding, I have a bit of a thing about my whites :)

Okay, next option - fabric paint stamped or painted on? Most of the white would still remain white. :)

It's ok greebs, I'm just going to buy some new knickers. I want some silky ones with wide legs that won't give me vpl with fine trousers :)
Happy shopping, Shirl. FWIW I found some boy short ones in very soft stretchy lace in M and S. Mostly nylon though. :(

Happy shopping, Shirl. FWIW I found some boy short ones in very soft stretchy lace in M and S. Mostly nylon though. :(
I bought a pair of those from a charity shop. New and still with the labels on in case you think I'm a dirty scusbag :) I really like them so I'm planning on getting more. I also want some silky ones though. The trouble with the silky ones is that the elastic round the top shows whereas the stretch lacy ones just sit on your flab and don't dig in :D

How do you keep them white then Shirl? I always end up with grey knickers. Had to force meself to throw out about 7 pairs tother night!

You like them, that's the main thing. Anyway, underwear can be pretty and practical - far more difficult to find outerwear which is both.

Aye - they're making me feel ridiculously pleased with myself :D I know it doesn't sound much, but I don't DO pretty, OR feminine, and haven't for years. It's a big step for me, all this. Still won't be wearing a frock in public any time soon like :D

Hahaa :p:D

The secret of white clothes would be good. Mine always end up going dingy grey or gain a yellow tinge. It doesn't help that when the OH puts a wash on he doesn't tend to sort properly and so will often put some of my whites in a dark wash. Or in with his work tshirts, which even though they were once white, may as well count as a dark wash.

How do you keep them white then Shirl? I always end up with grey knickers. Had to force meself to throw out about 7 pairs tother night!
I only ever wash white things together and that seems to do the trick. Even then I often add Vanish extra whitening stuff to the detergent just make sure they stay as white as they should.
Sometimes something gets put in with whites :mad: not by me though. Then I get fed up :(

I almost always do the washing to avoid wolfie's lax attitude to whites :D

I only ever wash white things together and that seems to do the trick. Even then I often add Vanish extra whitening stuff to the detergent just make sure they stay as white as they should.
Sometimes something gets put in with whites :mad: not by me though. Then I get fed up :(

See, I always wash whites with whites too, but it dunt work. I might try that Vanish stuff then :cool:

The secret of white clothes would be good. Mine always end up going dingy grey or gain a yellow tinge. It doesn't help that when the OH puts a wash on he doesn't tend to sort properly<snip>

A colour catcher tends to pick up loose dye quite well - the only time I ever do an all white wash is when VP has several T shirts all needing stain treatment.

Quality items! I was going to buy some of them new-fangled lightweight paras after Beatherder saw off my old favourites, but I got just some barely worn old-style ones off ebay which I guess will last the next decade.

I'm a washing nazi too. :D hot washes help an' all

Still haven't bought any new clothes. But got my eyebrows shaped and tinted, guess that counts. I told the woman do my eyebrows no weird thin brows ever. She did OK :cool:

Nearly forgot, this shortie undersuit is so that the breathtakingly cool water of the Lido doesn't distract me too much.
31YamsI4zaL._SY300_.jpg

Blue and white cheesecloth sundress (come on weather)
Red vest
Black v neck t shirt
Blue knee length Wallis cardigan
Short sleeved white shirt with green spots on and a green high waisted belt.

This cotton lace frock. It's a bit stiff at the mo, but I'm hoping it'll soften up.<snip>

Very posh. :cool:

A lot of mail order clothes seem to arrive here full of dressing. Try washing it a couple of times and use fabric conditioner (even if you don't usually add it)?

H&M patterned Capri pants
Flat studded black and bronzy-gold Clarks sandals which were half price and are unbelievably comfy.

Back
Top Bottom