Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

I've also bought a white cardi today but mine has fucking crochet on it too. This is such a stupid idea for something as clumsy as me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368645949.346721.jpg

It's for work visits to customers so I will seal it in a protective bag and not eat or drink within 20 yards or something. Ffs!

I also got some tropical print pyjamas with flamingos on. They are so lush but I can't find a picture. £6 too so I might buy a couple more in case they fall apart quickly as I'd be bereft.

Both from Asda as I'm super skint and fat. ; )

New necklace :)

bird-necklace-wood-634.jpg

The monokini (mentioned on the previous page) arrived and fits. :cool:

This dress also arrived today and is a bit loose, but I'm between sizes at the moment.
e02mj12150w.jpg

It's from a range at the Design Museum :) I think you can get them online. There's loads of lovely ones - I want to oak leaf and acorn one next :cool:

I have re bought a cardi off eBay that I had last year. It's a fairly boring, slouchy biscuit cardi but I loved it and it wasn't too thick for summer.

Then my fucking dogs played tug of war with it. I put it on one day and there was a massive hole in the back. : (

So, boring, beige cardi round 2. : D

i bought some proper (ie, not £15) straighteners online. remington sleek and curl (i like to flip up the ends). I've never really got into the whole straightening thing, but the shorter my hair gets, the more messy it goes.

toying with ordering something polkadotpolly.co.uk... will prob buy something readymade first to get familiar with the fit... but all their current readymade stuff in my size is unappealling. But then, custom made retro frocks for under £100!

Depressing day bra shopping. Tried on 35, bought one. Back to the interwebs tomorrow.

On a better note, I went into Lush and had brought some pots back to get a free face mask and because my pots were so old skool the guy have me some Christmas shower gels he had in the back for free :D

toying with ordering something polkadotpolly.co.uk... will prob buy something readymade first to get familiar with the fit... but all their current readymade stuff in my size is unappealling. But then, custom made retro frocks for under £100!

I'm guessing from that you don't know how they size up by any chance (ie large/small)? I seem to be a different size in every shop...

eta.. sorry - just seen they've got a size chart..

Depressing day bra shopping. Tried on 35, bought one. Back to the interwebs tomorrow.

On a better note, I went into Lush and had brought some pots back to get a free face mask and because my pots were so old skool the guy have me some Christmas shower gels he had in the back for free :D
have you been to bravissimo for a fitting, lovely?

I'm guessing from that you don't know how they size up by any chance (ie large/small)? I seem to be a different size in every shop...

eta.. sorry - just seen they've got a size chart..
they say they size up small, but you'd go on measurements anyway. it's just even with measurements, some brands are more generous than others. that's why i reckon i'll buy a cheaper off the peg one first.

have you been to bravissimo for a fitting, lovely?
I haven't no. :blush:

Before I was a 40DD and had bought the same style bravissimo bra for about ten years. I have been trying 38Ds and they have all been good in the back and too big in the cup or small in the back and fine in the cup.

The lot I got from bravissimo last time were all too tight in the back but perfect in the cup so first thing I will be doing is going to them and ordering whatever they have in 40D.

I did not see one 40 on the shelf at any point in my trip to M&S, BHS, Debenhams or House of Fraser today. So I know that needs to be done online.
Plus most things in the shop were pretty ugly.

Sigh. I hate it. It's almost as bad as trying to find a good hairdresser!

These sandals (roughly half price), because there's no way I can get away with wearing walking sandals at a summer wedding.
images

I bought a pack of two bras in Evans a few weeks ago. The wire has popped through on the pink one already. Problem is, I was half pissed/hungover this morning and dropped beans on my white bra when eating my hotel FEB.
: o

I'm guessing I can't return one without the other?

This happened before when I got cheap knickers when I bought a bra. It broke after 2 wears. They demanded the knickers back too but I was wearing them. : D

I bought a pack of two bras in Evans a few weeks ago. The wire has popped through on the pink one already. Problem is, I was half pissed/hungover this morning and dropped beans on my white bra when eating my hotel FEB.
: o

I'm guessing I can't return one without the other?

This happened before when I got cheap knickers when I bought a bra. It broke after 2 wears. They demanded the knickers back too but I was wearing them. : D
I hate poke through - it looks as if it ought to be a minor repair but it isn't, and trying to wear a bra with a rogue wire is hell. If you haven't already done so, first wet the stained area with cool water, then hand wash it - rubbing liquid soap or shampoo through from behind the food stain sometimes helps to shift it.

BTW what spanglechick said - it's not fit for purpose, therefore you're entitled to a refund, replacement or repair (sale of goods act). And yes, you bought the entire pack as one item, so you return the lot.

I'll wash it when I get home but the spillage was yesterday and I'm not home until Thursday night.

I've rinsed it and got the wetwipes on it but it's not looking good. : o

Back
Top Bottom