Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap-related purchase(s) here

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sale strategy these days is buy stuff I normally can't afford. Harrods and Harvey Nics usually come up trumps - Harvey Nics has got rails of stuff that are at 80% discount right now. Mostly it's either still too pricey for me or it's junk but I usually come up with something - did HN yesterday and came back with a pair of jeans for £25 which were 80% reduced and a dress for £70, which was a bit pricey for me still, but totally gorgeous and again 80% off the original price.

This is my strategy too but I use second hand shops. (Not charity shops.) I have found two shops; one has a sale rail out the back and I found this ballerina skirt thing with 4 layers, which is just gorgeous, its olive green, goes with black. It was 50 quid. I later saw it new next door in black for 250!!

The other place I go to is called The 2nd Look in East Sheen and most of my wardrobe comes from there. Ive got this knee length suede coat made in China that is just so cool. They do cashmere jumpers in really good shapes for 20 quid or so. The shop is chock a block with interesting looking clothing draped over wardrobe doors, leather bags, good shaped boots, jewellery, coats.

I think well made stuff really pays off in terms of how it feels to wear it, how well put together it is, the cut of the fabric and so on, but I cant afford much. I hope to slowly get rid of my crapper clothes and get a wardrobe together of really cool different stuff that is beautiful. The only thing is you have to watch out not to buy rich looking stuff as thats not what I want to look like.

I bought some folding pumps/after party shoes. I need some cream shoes for April when I am a bridesmaid. I wanted flats and chose some from Faith which are constantly out of stock.

288806.jpg

535106.jpg

I'm hoping that there will be more cream/ivory shoes available soon but if I end up with heels these will be good for the evening.

998lz62350athumb.jpg

If I can't find anything I like they would probably be ok for all day.

Tights, I'm always buying tights. I also bought some leggings and a gorgeous summer top from Primark. I *will* get a job and go camping this summer so I can wear it.

I bought some folding pumps/after party shoes. I need some cream shoes for April when I am a bridesmaid. I wanted flats and chose some from Faith which are constantly out of stock.

288806.jpg

535106.jpg

I'm hoping that there will be more cream/ivory shoes available soon but if I end up with heels these will be good for the evening.

998lz62350athumb.jpg

If I can't find anything I like they would probably be ok for all day.

I got some of these last year, they're very cool the way they fold up :cool:

http://www.butterflytwists.com/

So much for the sales :rolleyes:
I went to Roxy and bought a nice jumper, a nice dress and a vest. Then I gave up. I can't do it. I hate shopping.
I really want some thermals, new frocks and underwear but I can't be arsed with the shopping bit.
So I went home then later went and spent loads of money signing up for art courses :cool: but also a bit :eek: as it was blooming expensive.

I bought a pair of flat black suede boots from Next with little ties at the back, I've never had a proper pair of boots and am really thankful for them at the moment, so warm! If you pull them up and turn up the top bit they go just over the knee, but as they're quite wide I wear them with the 'collar' folded down and a bit slouchy. I love them!

I alse bought a yellow t-shirt from H&M with a design which is like one of those 3d pictures that you have to wear the glasses to see properly.

Can't find pics of either anywhere which is really annoying! I might have to take some myself :hmm:

Bought a fab purple hairband with a big purple flower on it. I wore it for our dinner at home and my BF pips up with 'that's a bit wacky'...he is just not appreciating it fully. And it cost me a bargain £3.

Also bought a big furry hat from River Island which I think I look a bit daft in but it is so cosy and comes down over my ears and has bobble tassles. Plus a pair of dangley earrings for £3. Then a ebay dress for £8 which includes P&P.

Under £30 spent..:)

Two pairs of Adidas Gazelle's, one in red with white stripes, the other mustard yellow with brown stripes, used to wear gazelles all the time years ago then couldnt find any in the shops until recently

^^^ just ordered a pair of Rocket Dogs in black which sit just below the knee. Looking forward to wearing them. I bought a pair of Uggs quite a few years back from Oz and donated them to my sister at xmas. They were the classic short ones but I found them too slippy. I popped them in the washing machine and they cleaned up lovely.

I also bought a purple V neck jumper from Republic.

A cheapo but lovely floral dress from Primark and a very fifties, floral (again) prom-style dress from Laura Ashley, reduced to £29 from £100. :cool:

Not technically bought but I found my DM's (8 eye I think) in my wardrobe. Last worn on the way back from Glastonbury '98. So I've cleaned the mud off and I'm hoping they're not too misshapen.

Good save there drag0n :)

I bought a long flappy-flarey grey cardigan from M&S (good for on-the-job mumming as it covers the inevitable builder's bum trouser slippage) and a pair of soft grey pyjama trousers, also from M&S (good for general slobbing). Tried to spend the rest of my birthday giftcards - H&M and Debenhams - but just got really depressed and fed up. I can't believe it's come to this, me having no patience with shopping :eek: Probably safer for the bank balance though.

There does seem to be nothing of note in the high street shops atm, certainly nothing in H&M. It's very frustrating, I've got £40 waiting to spend!

Good save there drag0n :)

I bought a long flappy-flarey grey cardigan from M&S (good for on-the-job mumming as it covers the inevitable builder's bum trouser slippage) and a pair of soft grey pyjama trousers, also from M&S (good for general slobbing). Tried to spend the rest of my birthday giftcards - H&M and Debenhams - but just got really depressed and fed up. I can't believe it's come to this, me having no patience with shopping :eek: Probably safer for the bank balance though.

There does seem to be nothing of note in the high street shops atm, certainly nothing in H&M. It's very frustrating, I've got £40 waiting to spend!

Not a great time of year - arse-end of the sales and they're waiting to bring out the proper Spring stuff. I popped into H&M today and thought it was rubbish too. You just need to wait a few weeks.

My new (new to me from Oxfam online) jacket just arrived. Cost less than a pack of smokes but my better half is not impressed with my 'look for the new season' I think. There was mention of me becoming my dad, the word freak was used and I was asked if I would be wearing it outside :(

My new (new to me from Oxfam online) jacket just arrived. Cost less than a pack of smokes but my better half is not impressed with my 'look for the new season' I think. There was mention of me becoming my dad, the word freak was used and I was asked if I would be wearing it outside :(

Uselss without pics :rolleyes:

Go kittyP! :D

Not sure even my lack of shame can get this look online treacle. My once unwavering confidence is shattered and I might go have a lie down :)

... I did get this dress today which I've had my eye on for ages, even though as soon as I got it home, himself said "Did you get that from the granny shop?" :mad: Well yes, yes I did. And it was a super sale bargain.
vd0004prpx001_1.jpg

Maybe it's an obscure mating code for 'You look so attractive in that that I can imagine myself making love with you even when you're granny-aged' :p Oh dear! :eek:

Another two pack of vests because they're brilliant. Why did I stop wearing them after I left childhood?

And - how often do you get exactly what you want from TK Maxx??? I've been suffering so badly from cold hands this year and thought mittens would be better than gloves (because separating the fingers means they can't keep each other warm), but I needed something windproof and really warmly lined, so sheepskin would probably do the trick. Not only did TK Maxx have them, they were in lovely bright colours and really cheap, so I bought two pairs, one red and one pink as I wasn't sure which would go with my green coat. In fact they both do - bonus!

Some modish ben sherman grey winkle picker sneakers (fiver)
A light grey t-shirt with skulls n flowers motif (fiver)
Ginch gonch briefs with rampant flock tiger accross the front (7 quid)

:cool:

Oxfam online??! I never knew of such a thing!

Another two pack of vests because they're brilliant. Why did I stop wearing them after I left childhood?

And - how often do you get exactly what you want from TK Maxx??? I've been suffering so badly from cold hands this year and thought mittens would be better than gloves (because separating the fingers means they can't keep each other warm), but I needed something windproof and really warmly lined, so sheepskin would probably do the trick. Not only did TK Maxx have them, they were in lovely bright colours and really cheap, so I bought two pairs, one red and one pink as I wasn't sure which would go with my green coat. In fact they both do - bonus!

They sound ace :cool: When TKMaxx delivers, it really does. I got a pair of Ecco knee high black leather boots in there at the beginning of autumn for £40. I have worn them constantly this winter and they still look brilliant. I *heart* TKMaxx

They sound ace :cool: When TKMaxx delivers, it really does. I got a pair of Ecco knee high black leather boots in there at the beginning of autumn for £40. I have worn them constantly this winter and they still look brilliant. I *heart* TKMaxx
I have mixed success with TK Maxx - their plus size stuff is invariably frumpy and awful. I mostly just get trainers from them, and they're not really that cheap. Or the odd item of house stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom