Status
Not open for further replies.
Geri said:
I've ordered this Barbour jacket:

L4101.gif

cost much?

I really want a barbour jacket but they're too expensive:(

2 bras from M&S in the sale - total £8!:cool:

I bought a lovely brick red skirt there as well . I also bought a teeny weeny turquoise hoodie from Fat Face and a big grey jumper for the girlchild and got a free gift box in Lush for the girlie boychild.

primark chic

i got a very nice purple camo hoody thing and some grey cargo pants for like 16quid :)

I just got 4 pairs of sparkly earrings, a tiffany-style bracelet and a silver sweater-dress from Bay. All the jewelery was £1 each, which is nice. :)

zenie said:
cost much?

I really want a barbour jacket but they're too expensive:(

Well, I got fooled into paying more for it than I thought, as I didn't notice the price on their website was plus VAT. So it was about £60 or so.

Got it from here:

http://www.scotia.uk.com/cgi-bin/product.pl?id=734

There are some clearance bargains on these sites:

http://www.countryattire.com/categories/Barbour-Clearance.html

http://www.outdoorandcountry.co.uk/Newcategory.aspx?CategoryID=1730&TopLevelID=105

drag0n said:

Well I was in Harvey Nichols, amongst a crowd of wild bargain hunters, and one of the glass cabinets had been left open and the contents (wallets, keyrings, pens etc) strewn all over the surrounding floor. I was admiring a keyring and thinking 'that's the same colour as my wallet...' and then I thought '£40. Maybe not'. A poncy sales assistant wearing a metallic shirt then appears and, looking me up and down (I was nursing a hangover and wearing a Fender tee with some pretty dodgy boots), asks 'Are you planning to buy that?'. So in a really daft act of defiance, I said yes, and walked off. I couldn't return to discreetly replace the keyring, because he was stood at the display, arranging wallets and keyrings in order of colour/size/whatever.

And I won't make any profit on ebay, either. I suppose I'll have to save it and use it as a birthday gift for someone.

Today i bought:
a wide black patent / croc pattern belt from Next.
a pair of work trousers
a posh work dress for spring :cool:
(both from M&S)

edit - oh, and lots of new knickers cos my old ones keep falling down.

Disaster said:
Well I was in Harvey Nichols, amongst a crowd of wild bargain hunters, and one of the glass cabinets had been left open and the contents (wallets, keyrings, pens etc) strewn all over the surrounding floor. I was admiring a keyring and thinking 'that's the same colour as my wallet...' and then I thought '£40. Maybe not'. A poncy sales assistant wearing a metallic shirt then appears and, looking me up and down (I was nursing a hangover and wearing a Fender tee with some pretty dodgy boots), asks 'Are you planning to buy that?'. So in a really daft act of defiance, I said yes, and walked off. I couldn't return to discreetly replace the keyring, because he was stood at the display, arranging wallets and keyrings in order of colour/size/whatever.

And I won't make any profit on ebay, either. I suppose I'll have to save it and use it as a birthday gift for someone.

Oops. :D Can't return it? pretend it were a gift or something.

drag0n said:
Oops. :D Can't return it? pretend it were a gift or something.

I think I'll save it for my sister's birthday. She has a collection of similar fripperies (including a mont blanc pen costing over £300 that writes like any other pen). :D

Disaster said:
I think I'll save it for my sister's birthday. She has a collection of similar fripperies (including a mont blanc pen costing over £300 that writes like any other pen). :D
Ahh but does it feel like any other pen? :p I've got a horribly expensive pen (but nowhere near £300) and it's soooo nice.

Anyway, Good plan. Damn snooty sales staff.

Yesterday I bought
A nice but quite chilly and ahem, decolletage- revealing dress
A blue swirly skirt
A blue shaped hoody thing to match skirt
All from White Stuff. It's not cheap in there even with the sale on but I had vouchers.
Hmm, not sure about the dress- feel a bit on show

i bought the shirt below from ebay this morning. i'd not set my alarm, so it was lucky that i woke up *just* in time to get on the PC and bid for it. i won (obviously) and then went back to bed.

8fy6gk0.jpg

Pics!

I used a gift certificate from my boss to buy a really, really nice heavy silver gucci necklace. It nestles just at the right height.*

*bw my boobs.

Well, I went to TK Maxx yesterday and picked up a lovely quilted Four Seasons jacket for £20 - so I have cancelled the Barbour one, no need for two.

diwc said:
Pics!

I used a gift certificate from my boss to buy a really, really nice heavy silver gucci necklace. It nestles just at the right height.*

*bw my boobs.

Your boss gives good gift certificates!

I was in France last week and bought two pairs of Marc Jacobs shoes. :oops: In my defence, they were reduced to 100 Euros from 240 Euros, so quite bargainous. But still. :oops:

Geri said:
Well, I went to TK Maxx yesterday and picked up a lovely quilted Four Seasons jacket for £20 - so I have cancelled the Barbour one, no need for two.

Nice!:)

I got some new fishnets, some chocolate knee high socks and some long legwarmers all from Assesorice (sp??) yesterday :cool:

Was wearing blac knee high socks with bows on, a skirt and mary janes and got lots of looks yesterday so they must look alright :D

well you know what?

i had to get a pair of proper shoes (wph&s) and i ended up with a pair of black and white bumper boots and a pair of bronze rubber clogs things .... but the clogs are so comfortable and are like wearing shoes whilst going bare foot iyswim !!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom