Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Custom number plates

I was just checking the Mail’s website for my daily dose of ‘what vile things are those cunts saying today’ (I know…), and saw an article on the latest additions to the DVLA’s naughty list

IMG_6178.jpeg

I can understand such prudishness in the 1950s, but well into the 21st century it seems absolutely fucking insane this is still policy. At least with any plates that are not a full spelling match to the ‘offensive’ word in question. Seriously, what the actual fuck?

Bottom left meant to be Jihad? And the one to the right of it is presumably racist? And an anti-Semitic one in that lot too

Edit and RUS / UKR ones removed too

Bottom left meant to be Jihad? And the one to the right of it is presumably racist? And an anti-Semitic one in that lot too

Edit and RUS / UKR ones removed too
Fuck knows. To me this is a batshit effort unique to the UK, and mad as fuck for an otherwise nation among the most progressive and liberal in the world. Absolutely mindblowing it is still a thing in the 21st century.

Never mind that the overwhelming majority of the public wouldn’t think of a cryptic hidden naughty word if they happened to catch a glimpse of any of the plates above whilst out and about, and far fewer so to be ‘offended’ by it. Even the far more puritanical USA allows far more explicit plates to be mounted on cars ffs.

Fuck knows. To me this is a batshit effort unique to the UK, and mad as fuck for an otherwise nation among the most progressive and liberal in the world. Absolutely mindblowing it is still a thing in the 21st century.
It also has a disproportionate number of whining fucks, who have nothing better to do with their time than complain to somebody about something. If I was head of the DVLA I'd probably do the same, just so I wouldn't have to deal with all the whining.

It also has a disproportionate number of whining fucks, who have nothing better to do with their time than complain to somebody about something. If I was head of the DVLA I'd probably do the same, just so I wouldn't have to deal with all the whining.
One option of course is to politely suggest that in a country with many tens of millions of people, there has to be a threshold for the percentage of the population objecting to something below which it is not unreasonable to tell the one-in-millions oddball who is offended by something nobody else is ‘tough luck, pal’.

I wonder if it might well be down to some ancient regulations governing code of conduct for government agencies. But even then, public corporations such as the BBC which ultimately answer to the government have allowed far more explicit swearwords even during daytime programming than anything you will ever see on a number plate.

If such institutions, including those regulating billboard advertising see nothing wrong with approving far more innuendo-laden images and language and undoubtedly tell numerous weirdos calling to declare their outrage to get lost, there is no justification for the DVLA to seemingly being run by the ghost of Mary Whitehouse.

I saw. OOO 30 on a 2022 Dacia yesterday. It was possibly worth more than the car. Similar plates are selling for between £10,000 and £20,000.

I'm just home from shopping, and I saw K911 JON five times while I was out. Can you guess what car it was on and the owner's name? :facepalm:
I love the Porsche 911, but not so much that I want to see a balding man in his 50s driving around the centre of town all morning in one, to show off how important he thinks he is.
What a sad little man child. This is the sort of behaviour I'd expect from an 18 year old lad who just passed his test, not a 50+ year old man.

I was never keen on private plates but I'm beginning to actively despise people who own them. Everybody knows it's a 911. Nobody cares what your name is. Grow the fuck up.

I saw one round Bristol a couple of times a few weeks ago that was Boobs something. Can’t remember exactly how it was formatted given every character could be done as a letter or a number. Got the impression it was a lady’s car rather than a creepy bloke.

I saw one round Bristol a couple of times a few weeks ago that was Boobs something. Can’t remember exactly how it was formatted given every character could be done as a letter or a number. Got the impression it was a lady’s car rather than a creepy bloke.

aaa.png

Back
Top Bottom