Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Children to be banned from cycling to (one particular, London) school without number plates

And...?

Same applies. Loads of pedestrians cross the road with a total disregard for traffic. They get away with it time and time again until one day they don't and then you blame the car.

It's like someone putting their hand in a fire and blaming the fire for them getting burnt.

Do you think pedestrians should be compelled to get a licence?

Here we go ... "but cars are more dangerous than bikes" ... "Wah! Wah! Wah!"

It's fuck all to do with that. It's about the wanker factor. Recent figures show about 99% of cyclists to be total wankers as opposed to around 46% of motorists. Obviously, reducing the number of cyclists will reduce the amount of wankers we have to put up with.

Next time you think about aiding and abetting wankerism and putting your kid on a bike ask yourself this; "do I want this child to grow up like SpookyFrank or gentlegreen ?"

Then get them driving lessons.

Yeah, fuck all those people getting killed and maimed on our roads on a daily basis, some car drivers' widdle feewings are getting hurt by cyclists!

Unsourced statistics? Why do you think anyone should be convinced? Even if we were to accept your figures, the 46% of wanker drivers end up killing a lot more people. No amount of trolling on your part is going to change that.

I can't afford fucking driving lessons. Even if I could, I can't afford to maintain a vehicle on my current income. Trains and buses are a fucking rip-off. You want to limit the options of poorer people because you'd rather ignore reality than face up to the fact that motorists kill more people than cyclists. Or you're just trolling. Either way you're a dick.

A licence with a theory test requirement would be good even if the theory test is online and just one question I'd be happy.

The question:

1. It's late at night, it's dark, you are wearing all dark clothing, you are drunk, your bike has no lights.
Are you?
A. Perfectly safe and entitled to get angry at any car that doesn't spot you until the last second.
B. A dumb cunt that deserves to die.

Neither of the above.

i'd like to maintain a hansom cab, but the difficulty i have is how to have the horse minded while i'm at work

JFS_00066_1899_Forder_Hansom_Cab.jpg

reckon i could cover the cost of the horse by taking passengers on the way to and indeed from work.

Considering the alleged drive for reducing both pollution and school runs in cars, wouldn’t it be a good idea if more local authorities and boroughs promoted the Bikeability scheme rather than spy on the students.
Until children see and experience the consequences of bad riding and poor awareness, seeing little Chloe flattend for instance, they live in a dreamlike reality that they are immortal and free of danger.
Good training and discipline on the road will be good for them as pupils and hopefully as adults.
Respect and awareness are vital for any form of transport use and the younger it’s learnt the higher the chance of survival and conscience.

Considering the alleged drive for reducing both pollution and school runs in cars, wouldn’t it be a good idea if more local authorities and boroughs promoted the Bikeability scheme rather than spy on the students.
Until children see and experience the consequences of bad riding and poor awareness, seeing little Chloe flattend for instance, they live in a dreamlike reality that they are immortal and free of danger.
Good training and discipline on the road will be good for them as pupils and hopefully as adults.
Respect and awareness are vital for any form of transport use and the younger it’s learnt the higher the chance of survival and conscience.

How many little Chloes being flattend across the country would it take for your scheme to achieve its aims?

How many little Chloes being flattend across the country would it take for your scheme to achieve its aims?

My point is children never see danger until they witness something horrific, they need awareness training when they are about on their own.

That home office stuff is about enforcement, not law. We get our procedures from the department for transport, not the home office.

We're supposed to tell kids they can be fined 50 quid for using the pavement, but I don't because frankly it's bollocks and I don't believe in telling lies to kids. I do explain, and demonstrate, why using the road is safer and faster than using the pavement in any normal circumstances.
How on earth is a road safer for a young kid :confused:

They should be safer, yeah. But a look at the rounds round any school at drop off time is a bit of a reality check.

The law is irrelevant. What matters is what the police enforce. Until drivers are held to account properly for their shitty behaviour the safe place for young (I'm talking primary/early teens) riders is away from the cars.

How on earth is a road safer for a young kid :confused:

They should be safer, yeah. But a look at the rounds round any school at drop off time is a bit of a reality check.

The law is irrelevant. What matters is what the police enforce. Until drivers are held to account properly for their shitty behaviour the safe place for young (I'm talking primary/early teens) riders is away from the cars.

Do I tell you how to plug in keyboards and shit?

No, fuck that as well.

When my kids want to ride a bike to school it will be down to me if I think they're competent, not the fucking school.
If the school has responsibility for the kids while they are at school, I don't see a massive reason to object to a cp test. Frank makes a good point that the cp test isn't just for the kids. The one I did in junior school, I got all the practical bits 100 percent right but only just passed cos of dodgy brakes. I was well pissed off. Got sent home with a note to my parents to sort the brakes out.

If the school has responsibility for the kids while they are at school, I don't see a massive reason to object to a cp test. Frank makes a good point that the cp test isn't just for the kids. The one I did in junior school, I got all the practical bits 100 percent right but only just passed cos of dodgy brakes. Got sent home with a note to my parents to sort the brakes out.
I don't object to schools providing a test or training. I object to them making it a condition of how kids travel to school.

I don't object to schools providing a test or training. I object to them making it a condition of how kids travel to school.
We had to do a 'bath test' before we were allowed in the deep end of the pool in school swimming lessons. Not sure this is so different.

I'd actually go further and say that any primary school with kids cycling to school should be providing cycling proficiency courses for all those kids as a matter of policy. iirc the one I did as a kid was an optional after school thing. I'd make a during school thing.

This number plate idiocy is nothing to do with that though.

Last edited:
I'd actually go further and say that any primary school with kids cycling to school should be providing cycling proficiency courses for all those kids as a matter of policy. iirc the one I did as a kid was an optional after school thing. I'd make a during school thing.

That's going to cut into critical Snapchat time.

Preferably instead of PE.

Maybe just a coincidence; but I just had two near misses with what must have been schoolboys twatting about on bikes - though it was too late for them to be on their way home from school.
I didn't hold back on the swearing.
You have to be careful these days as there have been gangs of teenage bike robbers operating in the area.

Last edited:
Nobody should be allowed on public roads whilst controlling any form of vehicle, without first passing a test to prove they're fit to be on the road.

Back
Top Bottom