Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

Is Upsala university a red-tooted neoliberal think tank?
What's happened here is that some academics at Upsala University were trying to bounce their government into bringing in more stringent lockdown measures, and published a paper using modelling 'based on' the code Imperial released, which some mad neoliberal cultist vermin in the states have used to claim that all Imperial's modelling is suspect, who's schtick you've swallowed whole.

How about masks. What's the problem with masks?

I haven't seen it but he reportedly said this:
View attachment 231351
Dangerous idiocy. Basically says refusing to comply (like those weedy foreigners do) isn't selfishness its just being a freedom loving red-blooded britisher.
Its things like this that make me think his desire to be liked by everybody makes him, in effect, a very stupid man.
It's a very British Trumpian response. Makes sense. He's cunts cunt.

Have all the England restrictions been announced? Or is he saving details for his Eejit at Eight address?

It seems likely they have all been announced as it was in Parliament. I expect this evening will just be repeating what has been said along with the usual bullshit / bluster.

Interested to note all the insults and aggressive responses since I questioned the hive mind a mere 24 hours ago. Why is this? What are you all so scared of?

I haven't seen it but he reportedly said this:
View attachment 231351
Dangerous idiocy. Basically says refusing to comply (like those weedy foreigners do) isn't selfishness its just being a freedom loving red-blooded britisher.
Its things like this that make me think his desire to be liked by everybody makes him, in effect, a very stupid man.
Here is the clip for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I think people are being overly harsh. If you meet or know someone irl with the same questions do you not try to find them the answers like here’s evidence mask wearing drops infection rates?

People get bored of that approach once they put the time into comprehensive, fact-based answers which are then ignored in favour of the same old drool.

I dont have much time for pandemic menaces, especially when they think a herd mentality explains our disdain for their ignorance.

Zara Sultana asks a great question but unsurprisingly doesn't get a straight answer.

Pardon my ignorance of parliamentary procedure, but is there ever a right of reply after such a (typical) non-response?

"I don't know what question the Right Honourable Arsehole thinks he's answered there, but it certainly wasn't the one which was asked. Now, <repeat original question>"

I think people are being overly harsh. If you meet or know someone irl with the same questions do you not try to find them the answers like here’s evidence mask wearing drops infection rates?
Usually I say 'the website you're linking to is run by nazis, I'm not sure I'd take their information at face value' or 'here's some holocaust denial by the same guy you're quoting, are you sure he's a trustworthy source?'

He's been given links, he's ignored them, and continued to post nonsense, fuck him.

Interested to note all the insults and aggressive responses since I questioned the hive mind a mere 24 hours ago. Why is this? What are you all so scared of?

I was quite polite to you. I did point out some of the more obviously untrue and demonstrably false things you said. I also helpfully suggested that you need to get a bit more clued up on the subject. Unfortunately you completely ignored it as you will this no doubt. I think you've gone down the rabbit hole and will wait with bated breath for your great reveal.

Back
Top Bottom