Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

Here's a post to say a big fat Thank You to weltweit .

Thank you for trawling the world's media and posting links so I don't have to go and look for myself. Thank you for asking questions on threads so that elbows LynnDoyleCooper and others can answer , saving me from having to do that too. And thank you for engaging with these threads back when it all started, which kept the discussion bouncing across the top of the boards, which helped me to get ahead of the curve and be better informed than a lot of people around me IRL.

Last edited:
"Rona"...?

When did that start?

The Rona....

Also:
The Rona
A period of time in 2020 where the Corona Virus (CV19) ravaged the world, forcing the planets inhabitants to self quarantine. During this period, the gold and oil standard of currency was replaced by toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
In history class, we learned about the Rona, and how toilet paper companies came to power.
#rona#cv19#coronavirus
by Spaynkd April 02, 2020

The Rona....

Also:
The Rona
A period of time in 2020 where the Corona Virus (CV19) ravaged the world, forcing the planets inhabitants to self quarantine. During this period, the gold and oil standard of currency was replaced by toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
In history class, we learned about the Rona, and how toilet paper companies came to power.
#rona#cv19#coronavirus
by Spaynkd April 02, 2020
I believe it was going to be 'Coro' but people confused it with Coronation Street.

IMO no, not really, after the weekend the figures are less reliable due to data processing issues, and it also doesn't include deaths out of hospital which is growing in numbers and will continue to do so.
Thanks. I was surprised given the stage we're at.

I'm a very long way from an expert though, I'd be happy (very happy!) to be corrected.
Even the experts are a long way from being experts on the numbers. I spent the first few days assuming the figures would be adjusted for per capita testing and other factors to make them a bit more useful.

Reactions: LDC
Yeah.
But am I the only one not happy about breathing on a copper being classed as assault?

It wasn't just 'breathing' on a police officer. They did it while boasting that they were carrying a potentially deadly virus. So no, I'm very happy that if anyone says that and does that like that on anyone else to be charged and jailed. They're potentially opening up loads of other people to dying, fuck them.

Angela McLean, the deputy chief scientific Adviser, is now speaking at the Downing Street press conference.

She says the growth in the number of people admitted to hospital with Covid-19 symptoms is not as bad at it would have been if lockdown measures had not been put in place.

The number of cases had steadily grown up until April 1, but there is now hope that they are beginning to slow down. “But it really is too soon to see the effects of the big changes we all made to our lives from 23 March onwards,” she added.

Even if the number of people being admitted to hospitals and ICU units does start to stabilise, the number is expected to rise “because of course it takes time after people have been admitted to hospital for them either to get better, or very sadly to die.”
UK coronavirus news: Dominic Raab says Boris Johnson leading country from hospital as death toll reaches 5,373

Cancel holiday plans abroad indefinitely.

Could you please stop posting links to apple news and just do the actual articles you want people to see? It is really annoying, just forces me to app store an app that I don't want every time I foolishly click on one of your links.

Could you please stop posting links to apple news and just do the actual articles you want people to see? It is really annoying, just forces me to app store an app that I don't want every time I foolishly click on one of your links.
I actually find it serves as a useful filter.

When you see
For the best reading experience, open this story on a device with Apple News. It may also be available on the publisher’s website.

Simply train yourself to see
You seem to have clicked on one of Marty1's links. Are you sure you meant to do that? It's probably going to be a puff-piece for Trump or a Breitbart story or some bollocks like that. For the best reading experience, why don't you just close this tab and move on, eh?

Back
Top Bottom