Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

The reports at the time said they had not actually bought them, but placed orders "subject to testing”.

The BBC does it again. Cutting away to fucking weather half way through Sturgeon talking about the 'resignation' of her CMO

Whos editing the bbc news?!

The BBC does it again. Cutting away to fucking weather half way through Sturgeon talking about the 'resignation' of her CMO

Whos editing the bbc news?!
why cant you cut away from something that has already happened? I really dont get this notion that we must hang on the every word of some politician, and hear it absolutely live even though it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

why cant you cut away from something that has already happened? I really dont get this notion that we must hang on the every word of some politician, and hear it absolutely live even though it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Because they're the national broadcaster and it's the second news story on the current news cycle. As I said previously it's a common occurance to bump the news or god forbid even homes under the hammer for an FA Cup penalty shootout.

Sky didn't cut away.

At some point we'll need a C19 civil unrest thread...probably too soon now, only thing Ive heard of is growing strain (mainly food nicking) in Southern Italy - though if someone knows more please start a thread.

Related to that, the rest of this post is purely anecdotal in the worst sense, but in the 15 minute journey I just had to make I saw on separate occasions 3 police cars, one police van, and something I have never seen before on these particular suburban streets, a Territorial Support Group van!

Because they're the national broadcaster and it's the second news story on the current news cycle. As I said previously it's a common occurance to bump the news or god forbid even homes under the hammer for an FA Cup penalty shootout.

Sky didn't cut away.
so she added absolutely nothing to what she said on BBC breakfast hours earlier. What she said will change absolutely nothing. That's why it isn't that important it goes out live.

so she added absolutely nothing to what she said on BBC breakfast hours earlier. What she said will change absolutely nothing. That's why it isn't that important it goes out live.

So what exactly should go out live on the national broadcaster? I would have thought the sacking, and the explanation for the sacking, of the face of Scotland's response to the the nation's biggest crisis since WW2 was a little more important than the weather.

So what exactly should go out live on the national broadcaster? I would have thought the sacking, and the explanation for the sacking, of the face of Scotland's response to the the nation's biggest crisis since WW2 was a little more important than the weather.
And all that did go out, it went out when it actually happened a few hours earlier. And then was incorporated into the main news broadcast with all the relevant details but none of the politicians waffle.

What benefit do you think you would have gained by listening to her repeating information already given? And that was about to be given again, in a more consise form?

And all that did go out, it went out when it actually happened a few hours earlier. And then was incorporated into the main news broadcast with all the relevant details but none of the politicians waffle.

What benefit do you think you would have gained by listening to her repeating information already given? And that was about to be given again, in a more consise form?

The point of live news is that she might say something she didn't say on the breakfast cycle

The point of live news is that she might say something she didn't say on the breakfast cycle
No it isn't. Showing a well trained and practised politician in the hope that they'll say something different to five minutes ago it exactly why things get recorded. Cos they very probably wont say anything different. Exactly as Sturgeon failed to do.

Back
Top Bottom