Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

Fuck :(

‪Two patients have died under the care of a mental health trust after they tested positive for coronavirus.‬

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/n...-wear-valleys-nhs-trust-records-first-death/‬

Roseberry Park hospital is right next to The James Cook University hospital, I’ve delivered to both but not since Xmas.

When we had our coronavirus debrief off Amazon a few drivers expressed concern about delivering to TJCU hospital as they said they had to walk past a coronavirus isolation ward to get to the Amazon locker in the staff corridor.

This may have already been posted but not for the first time in this crisis the Scottish government's strategy is diverging from Westminster's and going further with their restrictions:

Here's a post to say a big fat Thank You to weltweit .

Thank you for trawling the world's media and posting links so I don't have to go and look for myself. Thank you for asking questions on threads so that elbows LynnDoyleCooper and others can answer , saving me from having to do that too. And thank you for engaging with these threads back when it all started, which kept the discussion bouncing across the top of the boards, which helped me to get ahead of the curve and be better informed than a lot of people around me IRL.
Yes this! I was able to prepare the best I could because of urban and people mentioned. Xxx

1586158267398-png.205162

View attachment 205162 :facepalm:
we really need a facepalm 'like' respond button
jesus

I would say no, not yet at least, on the basis that my co-worker* was tested at home just this morning.

* Who I sit next to for 8 hours a day.

She has just been taken into hospital with severe breathing difficulties. This is exactly 1 month after onset of symptoms. She never got her test result - was one of the very last swabs taken just as they stopped community testing and it seems it got binned - medics are pretty sure she has it on clinical presentation though. She's been having difficulty breathing for at least 4 weeks, but has gone downhill in the past few days after it seemed the worst had passed. Fingers crossed.

we really need a facepalm 'like' respond button
jesus

Not really. If I'd been the government I would have done exactly the same thing with the tests - the main thing I would have done differently would be not to let anyone make stupid comments about how quickly such tests could be available.

Validating such tests was always going to be an important part of the process, and one where many of the tests would not have been expected to live up to the claims of the manufacturers. Partly because the manufacturers dont have as much available to actually do full and thorough testing evaluation with.

Would I have purchased over 17 million tests of various sorts if I thought there was a chance they wouldnt work? No, I wouldnt want to waste that money or have a warehouse full of useless stuff. But I doubt thats what the government did, they probably signed contracts for those quantities but only on the basis that they passed validation. If they dont pass then the contract should have get-out clauses for that.

To all the sanctimonious cunts wearing masks. You do realise that wearing a mask isnt preventing you getting the disease right? It's just preventing you giving it to me. And even then it's pretty much pointless given the quality of your fucking mask. As you were.

To all the sanctimonious cunts wearing masks. You do realise that wearing a mask isnt preventing you getting the disease right? It's just preventing you giving it to me. And even then it's pretty much pointless given the quality of your fucking mask. As you were.

These sorts of masks are fast becoming the new normal in countries that are planning ways to slightly relax their lockdowns.

The UK seems especially resistant to the idea. I will be interested to see whether this attitude persists.

The WHO has advised people not to wear them. I can see it's a natural human reaction to want to wear them but the cynic in me suggests most people are wearing them to protect themselves, not others. They're not protecting themselves, in fact putting themselves more at risk.

Back
Top Bottom