Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

Since I last described this wave weeks ago, hospital data continued to show linear growth rather than exponential growth. Im not really sure what to make of it. In any case the admissions figures are back to the sort of levels that caused media attention, but I've not seen much sign of that this time yet. There were articles about how busy A&E was on Monday, but they didnt say why, and the main angle was that people werent changing their care-seeking behaviour in response to the junior doctors strike.

As for the ZOE figures, they spiked upwards in their latest report but its such a sudden spike that it may mean their model or methodology or data changed in a way they havent processed properly, not sure, I'll wait and see on that one.

Apparently the ONS infection survey is about to end too, so thats another source of data (albeit a laggy one) about to vanish from the scene.

Since I last described this wave weeks ago, hospital data continued to show linear growth rather than exponential growth. Im not really sure what to make of it. In any case the admissions figures are back to the sort of levels that caused media attention, but I've not seen much sign of that this time yet. There were articles about how busy A&E was on Monday, but they didnt say why, and the main angle was that people werent changing their care-seeking behaviour in response to the junior doctors strike.

As for the ZOE figures, they spiked upwards in their latest report but its such a sudden spike that it may mean their model or methodology or data changed in a way they havent processed properly, not sure, I'll wait and see on that one.

Apparently the ONS infection survey is about to end too, so thats another source of data (albeit a laggy one) about to vanish from the scene.

I've been part of the ONS survey since the start and can confirm they've given notice it's over and the last tests we did were the last ones we'll do.

I received a random box (of 7) of Sunscreen Antigen Rapid Tests y/day from the NHS.
I didn't request them tho' so curious as to why I received them.

I received a random box (of 7) of Sunscreen Antigen Rapid Tests y/day from the NHS.
I didn't request them tho' so curious as to why I received them.
This happened to me too. Though preceded by an email saying I could now get access to treatments if I caught covid due to underlying health thing. Think they said in that too they'd be sending me some tests. 🤷‍♀️

Honestly not sure why there is some kind of love for Covid. It almost seems like people want us to go back into a lockdown, want masks to be worn again, want us all to look like human pin cushions. Very odd.
No I am not some anti vax "conspiracy nut" but come it has been over 3 years now, time to just get on with shit. Humans always have and always will get ill, get sick, die. Covid was never and never will be the killer of all humanity, time to get on with your lives. You are not here forever, enjoy the time you have, stop spreading fear, stop "drinking the cool aid", do your thing, enjoy life and be the sqaure peg fitting in the round hole.

Honestly not sure why there is some kind of love for Covid. It almost seems like people want us to go back into a lockdown, want masks to be worn again, want us all to look like human pin cushions. Very odd.
No I am not some anti vax "conspiracy nut" but come it has been over 3 years now, time to just get on with shit. Humans always have and always will get ill, get sick, die. Covid was never and never will be the killer of all humanity, time to get on with your lives. You are not here forever, enjoy the time you have, stop spreading fear, stop "drinking the cool aid", do your thing, enjoy life and be the sqaure peg fitting in the round hole.
Boring.

Yes the Covid love is boring. The lies told my the world leaders and healthcare CEOs were swallowed by people without questioning a fucking thing. "We hate tories" yet followed everything Boris said to the fucking letter without any doubt. Have fun with your shaming of innocent people and novelty masks. Your choice to do so.

Is that an ironic Kool Aid? Drinking the Kool-Aid - Wikipedia
This thread has been running since January 2020. I guess it might merit historical study eventually.
One can now have blood taken at Kings College Hospital with few masks in sight, yet visiting the dementia home where my friend lives in Croydon they still test on the way in and make you wear a mask. You would have to accept that if it was your friend or relative.

Yes the Covid love is boring. The lies told my the world leaders and healthcare CEOs were swallowed by people without questioning a fucking thing. "We hate tories" yet followed everything Boris said to the fucking letter without any doubt. Have fun with your shaming of innocent people and novelty masks. Your choice to do so.
You've definitely moved on from it all I can see. :oops:

Common sense is all Covid needed to be viewed with. Was/is it infectious? Yes. Does the mortality rate justify the reactions taken that destroyed peoples families, businesses, mental health? No. If cancer had the survival rate of Covid then cancer wouldn't be a big issue, that doesn't take into account those that had Covid and got rid of it without ever even reporting they had it or those that had it without ever knowing they did.
Governments made mistakes out of panic however once they got people to do what they said a power trip is what they were on after that, now of course they aren't going to admit they made a mistake and acted poorly on the initial information they got. Governments don't apologise for anything let alone for destroying the lives of millions more so than any virus could ever do, in some cases I am sure forever.
The disgusting way in which the governments then made civilians turn on each other to take the heat off themselves with the introduction of vaccines was indeed a dark period in human history.
Now we need to move on from it because sadly the criminal world leaders and healthcare billionaires will never face justice.
If the lockdown is put in place and people blindly again obey then global warming needs to hurry up and eliminate the human race because a Nazi society is not one the world needs again.
Question everything, even science because that is what science is for and don't trust people when power and money is involved.
Thank you and goodbye
(Last post on this topic and forum.........I know most will laugh off my comments and pray for lockdown but I hope that at least one person is open minded)

Common sense is all Covid needed to be viewed with. Was/is it infectious? Yes. Does the mortality rate justify the reactions taken that destroyed peoples families, businesses, mental health? No. If cancer had the survival rate of Covid then cancer wouldn't be a big issue, that doesn't take into account those that had Covid and got rid of it without ever even reporting they had it or those that had it without ever knowing they did.
Governments made mistakes out of panic however once they got people to do what they said a power trip is what they were on after that, now of course they aren't going to admit they made a mistake and acted poorly on the initial information they got. Governments don't apologise for anything let alone for destroying the lives of millions more so than any virus could ever do, in some cases I am sure forever.
The disgusting way in which the governments then made civilians turn on each other to take the heat off themselves with the introduction of vaccines was indeed a dark period in human history.
Now we need to move on from it because sadly the criminal world leaders and healthcare billionaires will never face justice.
If the lockdown is put in place and people blindly again obey then global warming needs to hurry up and eliminate the human race because a Nazi society is not one the world needs again.
Question everything, even science because that is what science is for and don't trust people when power and money is involved.
Thank you and goodbye
(Last post on this topic and forum.........I know most will laugh off my comments and pray for lockdown but I hope that at least one person is open minded)

I see you've had a few bad times on the Dulwich Forum too. Maybe this site just isn't quite right for you. Your tunes on Bandcamp sounded decent though. Most of us have had these debates a thousand times and can't be assed anymore - hope you feel better soon.

Oh, look, a n00b diving in with a "novel" take on vaccination.

I give it a week.

I dont know anyone who has been 'praying for lockdown' once we were well into the vaccine era. I know people, myself included, who didnt want to abandon every lesson learnt, and every non-vaccine tool and protection as quickly as we did. But the pace of change back to the old normal was always likely to pan out that way, both for economic reasons and reasons of establishment priority. But also because a large number of people do value normal life, and dont need to engage in ridiculous rhetoric about nazis, and dont need to downplay the threat that Covid posed in the first waves, or the threat it still poses, in order to travel appropriately back to a way of life that has the fact that humans are a social animal at its heart.

Nobody claimed Covid was going to be 'the killer of all humanity' and none of the restrictive measures were imposed with that or anything even remotely close to that in mind. They were temporarily imposed to deal with hospital etc circumstances at the time, they were short term measures that were never going to be imposed for huge lengths of time. They were last resort measures for desperate times, and gradually other measures became available that changed the numbers game. And now the immunity picture is different, via both vaccines and prior infections, so the virus is no longer facing an immune-naive global population, further changing the numbers game. All the same, overall patterns of death have not gone neatly back to the pre-Covid era, there is a lasting and ongoing impact from this virus, but not one that creates political impetus for dramatic restrictions on our lives to be imposed.

Some of us may still choose to talk about this virus from time to time, in the same way that we might choose to talk about flu if a bad flu season looms, or may talk about any number of other public health challenges. That doesnt mean we are incapable of 'getting on with our lives'. If you have to create a bullshit revisionist history where COVID was never a real threat in order to cope, conclude and move on then thats your problem. Plenty of other people can come to terms with what happened without resorting to fantasy, and dont have to buy into your shit in order to live their lives. Nor do they need to buy into that fiction in order to retain the critical faculties and priorities necessary to guard against any future authoritarian threat if such a time ever came, they can judge each situation and the authorities response to it on its own merit. The majority of people got an education into certain aspects of public health in this pandemic and responded appropriately and proportionately. There was a big, unexpected and shocking challenge and people rose to it, coped, moved on. It was a relative success story of humans ability to behave rationally and proportionally, to adapt to challenging circumstances, but not to lose sight of what lifes all about or permanently throw away what we hold dear.

Last edited:
There might be an autumn booster offered to 50+ and CEV. Probably to be advised at the JCVI summer meeting.
On the one hand I'm glad of this but on the other hand I know I'm in for potentially more autoimmune kick back and I don't need more damage to my liver. One day my brain says I'm not out and about much and could possibly avoid the booster. Next day my brain says get the booster cos I could still catch covid.
It's a difficult decision.

Yes, as per numerous posts above...

Spring booster offered for 75+, care home residents and those considered not to be fully immunocompetent. Autumn booster campaign likely for them and 50+ and any other CEV (details of that likely to be confirmed after the June JCVI meeting).

yes, mum-tat (80+, south london) had a booster on wednesday. after / side effects seem a bit more powerful than previous year's (as in feeling a bit crap for a day or two rather than anything drastic)
vaccine injury right there, get her to contact tess lawire and theat ex-tory MP
sorry, drunk late night mind blend

yes, mum-tat (80+, south london) had a booster on wednesday. after / side effects seem a bit more powerful than previous year's (as in feeling a bit crap for a day or two rather than anything drastic)
I had this "bit crap" thing for at least 2 weeks after the autumn flu jab.
Now I've got a massive cold sore on the lower lip - unrelated to the flu jab obviously, but I am suspicious I have active shingles lurking in the background.
My (locum) GP was interested enough to put me on Acyclovir, and said if I get any irritation near the eye come back immediately.
I had shingles back in 2015 after a Yellow Fever vaccination. These things do seem to interact sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom