Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

My mum 78 had a booster last week. Felt very tired after it and run down, first time this has happened. Better now though and back to gardening. Oddly I had the same symptoms after my last booster in Jan.

We might be in a new phase where the numbers have finally come down from levels seen in recent years, with the regular timing of oscillations between new peaks and lulls also changed.

However since various data gathering has also been scaled back over the same period, including vital data from from hospitals, I am unable to express quite as much confidence about this as I would like to.

We might be in a new phase where the numbers have finally come down from levels seen in recent years, with the regular timing of oscillations between new peaks and lulls also changed.

However since various data gathering has also been scaled back over the same period, including vital data from from hospitals, I am unable to express quite as much confidence about this as I would like to.
I watched the start of todays indie SAGE stream and note that while they include the same caveats as me in terms of data quality, they also had graphs for covid wastewater surveillance in Scotland and Wales which also showed the same sort of picture.

I was somewhat astonished by the Scottish Government's response to a FOI request re deaths of doctors and nurses in NHS Scotland due to Covid.

1688740450276.png

I was somewhat astonished by the Scottish Government's response to a FOI request re deaths of doctors and nurses in NHS Scotland due to Covid.
Is there any press coverage of this?

There were certainly press reports during the pandemic which mentioned specific health care workers who lost their lives to Covid in Scotland during the pandemic.

When it comes to data from official statistics bodies, its all about the exact definition they used. There are various ways that a narrow definition can end up not counting cases.

Is there any press coverage of this?

There were certainly press reports during the pandemic which mentioned specific health care workers who lost their lives to Covid in Scotland during the pandemic.

When it comes to data from official statistics bodies, its all about the exact definition they used. There are various ways that a narrow definition can end up not counting cases.

The person who posted the response commented on half a dozen deaths known to them.

The person who posted the response commented on half a dozen deaths known to them.

Using a broader category of 'health care worker' from their own data, they've got 55 Covid deaths. They dont break it down into the more particular categories that were used to issue the 'none' response to the freedom of info request.

Table M7 of (February 2023 edition): https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/files//statistics/covid19/covid-deaths-23-monthly-data-week-6.xlsx

This data is only as good as the info on death certificates, which I have never expected to capture the full picture. For example cause of death on a death certificate might not align with peoples wider understanding of what killed a person, or the info about profession might be incomplete.

Im not going to want to click on that, am i :(
The video clip surprised me in that the GP spokesperson was vehemently pro vaccination - and called Coastguy and Andrew Bridgen "loonies"
Even the other guest was neutral - pro vaccine - she'd had the vaccines and didn't regret it.
The thing that is strange is where Bridgen gets his information from i.e. about one batch of vaccines being tested on 40,000 volunteers and a different batch of different completely untested vaccine being the one used to vaccinate everyone in the world (with the assistance of a Bill and Melinda Gates charity of course).

It's as the poster (Adam Bienkov) says. And Bienkov seems to be a senior at Byline Times, an online paper.
Here is a sample of his work: Nigel Farage’s Bank Account, the Press and a Story 'Too Good to Check' – Byline Times

I liked the twat of a host (can't even remember his name) calling it a "Covid injection". They inject you with covid aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Reactions: CH1
The video clip surprised me in that the GP spokesperson was vehemently pro vaccination - and called Coastguy and Andrew Bridgen "loonies"
Even the other guest was neutral - pro vaccine - she'd had the vaccines and didn't regret it.
The thing that is strange is where Bridgen gets his information from i.e. about one batch of vaccines being tested on 40,000 volunteers and a different batch of different completely untested vaccine being the one used to vaccinate everyone in the world (with the assistance of a Bill and Melinda Gates charity of course).

It's as the poster (Adam Bienkov) says. And Bienkov seems to be a senior at Byline Times, an online paper.
Here is a sample of his work: Nigel Farage’s Bank Account, the Press and a Story 'Too Good to Check' – Byline Times
Adam seems credible. I've no idea what 'evidence' Bridgen is referring to but it makes no sense what he's claiming. Really cannot see Ofcom sitting on the fence for much longer

It's called making shit up

Bloody hellfire, it’s everywhere at the moment, and my last vaccine was two years ago already. I’m not delighted that apparently I just have to take my chances.

If you're under 65 and not in an at-risk group you won't be getting a COVID vaccine this year

I'm a bit confused. A while back I got a text saying due to my clinical vulnerability I was still eligible for free tests and actual treatment if I got covid. I'm 62, so it wasn't due to age, could have been that I have prostate cancer, though not having treatment currently, or that I was under investigation for ankylosing spondylitis. Anyway, I've not had an invite for a further jab and clearly won't be getting one now. So, is the 'vulnerable' list different to the 'can have a jab' list?

This is from April this year so I'd guess the vulnerable list will be similar for the Autumn boosters

Cheers. Ankylosing spondylitis can be linked to a wonky immune system, so I think I should be on either both lists or neither.

Back
Top Bottom