Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

Blowing a houlie up here in Northumberland, I'm not standing outside tonight, so I've put blue lights on in the upstairs window.

Far, far too many people have died.
Although my family has escaped largely untouched (grabs some wood) ...
Very sadly, a number of friends - or their family members - have died from this foul disease.

e2a - lighting candles seems inadequate to express my feelings about these losses.

Last edited:
I've been outside with about half the population that live in our close of 17 houses. We stood around with some candles for a bit chatting and came indoors. The woman from further down whose grandson moved in during the first lockdown after he fell out big time with his stepdad asked where Youngest was and her grandson was asking about her. Not sure I wanted to tell her, Youngest moved in with her sister 9 months ago, If he's still wondering where she is after that long sounds a bit stalkerish to me. Must make sure to give him the evil eye next time I see him.

Just had a look outside, everyone has put their bins out, no sign of any candles.

Same here -- no sign of anything to mark any occasion :(, just the bins, etc. are out.

Bin (non-recyclables in black bags), and plastic recycling, every other Tuesday for us.
Next Tues we'll be back to paper/cardboard and tins/bottles.

Food recycling every week .....

ETA : Tuesdays are so exciting .... :p

Last edited:
Question if I may as I can't find a complete answer anywhere.

If you receive your first dose of the vaccine, then test positive for Covid (say 10 weeks later) and are shortly thereafter due your 2nd dose, from what I read you need to wait 28 days if you test positive before you can have the 2nd one - what happens if this 28 day period then brings you outside the 12 weeks?

If you receive your first dose of the vaccine, then test positive for Covid (say 10 weeks later) and are shortly thereafter due your 2nd dose, from what I read you need to wait 28 days if you test positive before you can have the 2nd one - what happens if this 28 day period then brings you outside the 12 weeks?

You doctor will probably arrange it for a bit later. Shouldn't be a problem. Having one Jab and then having covid you will probably have a good immune response to it before getting the second dose.

You doctor will probably arrange it for a bit later. Shouldn't be a problem. Having one Jab and then having covid you will probably have a good immune response to it before getting the second dose.
Thanks Supine, it's not me who has tested positive, it was a question asked of my missus y/day as part of an FAQ she helped put together.
We've both searched and can't find an exact answer.

Plane takes off

What's been said, they'd likely just wait until the 28 days had elapsed, although could be a judgement call from the clinical lead of the vaccine place at the time. Don't think there's much bother either way though tbh.

Last edited:
Last Thursday 6,303 new cases were reported, so an increase of 94 on a single day, not much there to worry about ATM.

But, seeing deaths decrease another 31 compared to last Thursday, almost a third, is good news.
Cases appear to have been stuck at 5k - 6k for a while now...I suppose the rise is unsurprising as we start to see the impact of the full return to schools.

Cases appear to have been stuck at 5k - 6k for a while now...I suppose the rise is unsurprising as we start to see the impact of the full return to schools.

That, and the massive increase in testing, especially in schools, I am surprised cases haven't increased week-on-week yet.*

* See edit to my last post, still down on the 7-day average.

Cases have certainly been creeping back up locally as to be expected though. I guess we were all told this was going to happen.

The ever decreasing death rate is very welcome news.

By my back of a beer mat calculations, the cases have been level for long enough now to have transferred into hospital admissions. But they are still decreasing. Maybe that pesky killer vaccine rollout is actually working? According to anti-vaxxers, people should be dropping dead from 5g activated illnesses by now as well so someone isn't telling the truth.

There are a few places, some of them quite surprising, that seem unable to shake off the 'rona.

Part of Cramlington, Northumberland and Holyhead (Nth Wales) are two that come easily to mind as I check on them quite often [for reasons].

Last Thursday 6,303 new cases were reported, so an increase of 94 on a single day, not much there to worry about ATM, it's still down -3.3% in the last 7 days.

But, seeing deaths decrease another 31 compared to last Thursday, almost a third, down -34.6% in the last 7 days, is good news.

I can only attribute this to vaccinating the people most at risk.
This does take a while to feed through but we are approaching 5 months from the 1st vaccination. I saw my local chemist was doing vaccinations the other day. They are everywhere.

Hospital admissions are the one stats I thought would rise after schools went back, but it gives credence to last October when they said it was schools or pubs and the dumbass Gov went with both.

Yep, we're seeing those regional differences again, with the Midlands & North not seeing the same decreases as in the south. :(

1s.png

* Latest map data 20/3/21 - light green under 50 cases per 100k, dark green 50-99, light blue 100-199.

Reactions: MBV
Back
Top Bottom